[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, i have two questions i hope you can help me with 1.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_oehqo0XHrg1v9rhi3o1_1280.jpg (213KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oehqo0XHrg1v9rhi3o1_1280.jpg
213KB, 1024x768px
Hi /fit/, i have two questions i hope you can help me with

1. Is it possible some peoples proportions are just incapable of doing power cleans? I cannot for the life of me get to the racking position. When i raise my upper arm parallel to the floor and bend my hand towards my shoulder, my WRIST is already past the place where the bar should be.

2. How many chin ups should a DYEL be able to do? The only chin up bar in my gym is right in the prime space and whenever i hang from it i feel so heavy and cant make myself even start to do one in case i fail in front of everybody so i always just end up pretending i was just stretching myself.

I am 5'8, 68kg
OHP 30, Bench 50, Squat 70, DL 90kg
Should i be able to do at least one? I havent tried
>>
Pls
>>
>>39649317
>pretending i was just stretching myself
We all know what you're doing, just so you know.
>>
>>39650208
No but theres this old guy who comes in every day and just hangs there so its a thing i used to do it also because i have lower back pain after squats
>>
>>39649317
>Is it possible some peoples proportions are just incapable of doing power cleans? I cannot for the life of me get to the racking position. When i raise my upper arm parallel to the floor and bend my hand towards my shoulder, my WRIST is already past the place where the bar should be.

use a wider grip. your arms are only there to hold the bar in place, not support it. bar should be resting on your deltoids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKLVlYt2Ioc do these 2 stretches to get upper body mobility for it

>How many chin ups should a DYEL be able to do?
depends on person. some people can't even do one. if you can do 5-10 you are already much above average.

if you can't do even one start with negatives (jump up to chin above bar and slowly lower yourself under control)
>>
>>39649317
Lifting for 2 years here and still can't do them. My arms are long as fuck which is good for Muay Thai but not for lifting.

Or maybe I just lack that
>mobility
>>
>>39649317
>1. Is it possible some peoples proportions are just incapable of doing power cleans? I cannot for the life of me get to the racking position. When i raise my upper arm parallel to the floor and bend my hand towards my shoulder, my WRIST is already past the place where the bar should be.
not really. you may have to stretch a lot and play around with grip width, but you're not using your hands in the rack position anyway. some people only touch the bar with the tip of their fingers. the weight on the bar rests on your shoulders.

>2. How many chin ups should a DYEL be able to do? The only chin up bar in my gym is right in the prime space and whenever i hang from it i feel so heavy and cant make myself even start to do one in case i fail in front of everybody so i always just end up pretending i was just stretching myself.
you're too much of a pussy take make it, sorry. that said, at your height and weight it shouldn't be hard to get at least one.
>>
>>39649317
>1. Is it possible some peoples proportions are just incapable of doing power cleans?

Nope.
>>
>>39649317
Well, its not mandatory to catch in a full rack position. You are weak as shit and if you dont plan do train oly then your pc wont get high, so just catch it in the position you hold your ohp bar. At your weight i could barely do 1 chinup but got to 6 within a few weeks with negatives
>>
>>39649317
>>39649317
I'm 177 cm, 67 kg and not lifting. I can easily do around 10 chin ups, about two weeks after I started doing them regularly. I was able to do at least 3 before, and I didn't exercise at all. You can do it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.