[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been doing starting strength for 2-3 months and thinking of doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Been doing starting strength for 2-3 months and thinking of doing german volume training for a few weeks because I've been stalling a bit, and want to cause muscle confusion. My goal is to be able to lift heavy weight, but looking bigger is up there too. Since my home gym doesn't have any machines, what's a good German Volume regiment I could do only involving the barbell and dumbells? (preferably just the barbell)
>>
>>39649062
>SS for three months
>GVT while natty
>Muscle confusion
Good memes
>>
>>39649147
Yeah, starting strength is somewhat meme-tier, but isn't muscle confusion a somewhat legitimate concept?
>>
>>39649183
No.

Seems as if you're conflating the idea of "muscle confusion" with that of the body adapting to particular stresses. Introducing more volume, frequency, or intensity is what promotes growth after stalling.
>>
>>39649227
I guess I was kind of using words interchangeably where they shouldn't be then. What would you recommend for someone who both wants to increase his major lifts and gain muscle, and also wants to get out of a stall? The one time I did GVT, I came back to the gym and could easily beat my old ORM, so I assume it can't be that bad while natty.
>>
>>39649183
starting strength isn't even bad, just only doing it for 3 months is bad.
>>
>>39649254
Should I just stick with that then? Or is there merit in taking a week off and doing GVT?
>>
>>39649261
GVT is a dumb program, you're going to hit diminishing returns for all that volume so quickly, by the time you're at you 5th set each subsequent one is probably going to do next to nothing, but it's going to take you a long time to recover. There's much smarter ways to do high volume than doing a retardedly high volume workout once a week, which will probably be less overall volume than some high volume DuP program
>>
>>39649244
Just do the same lifts you've been doing, just adjust intensity, frequency or volume.

If you increase volume, after working sets drop weight by half and do two sets to failure.

Start squatting daily at 65% max.

Add more weight each week.
>>
>>39649261
If you're goal is to lift heavy weight, and you're relatively new to lifting, then yes you should stick with starting strength and add your own accessories in there.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.