[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are my Presses so shit? Maxes: Dead 365 Squat 315 Bench 185

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (7KB, 216x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 216x144px
Why are my Presses so shit?
Maxes:
Dead 365
Squat 315
Bench 185
Ohp 120
Pendlay Row 180
Just failed benching 165, only got 3 reps on the first set, with it being the first exercise
Everything else has steadily been going up for weeks, but Ohp has only added 5lb and Bench went down in since early November
>>
I have the same problem, can an experienced /fif/izen tell me what to do?
>>
Forgot to mention, bodyweight is 178 probably around 17% bf, Bench failure point feels like chest and Ohp shoulders, would flyer help or am I just shit
>>
Stop with the meme strength-only routines. Do more volume at lower weight.
>>
>>39637560
Currently doing texas method, do you have any better ideas?
>inb4 brosplit
>>
>>39637506
Is that your 1RM?
>>
>>39637568
Yes, all of those are maxes, all full raw
>>
>you will never be that jug of water
>>
File: Do I fap to this.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
Do I fap to this.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>39637506
>>
File: 7639930.gif (930KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
7639930.gif
930KB, 200x133px
You sound dePRESSed
>>
>>39637584
>full raw

like anyone thought you were benching 185 1RM equipped
>>
>>39637584
And you're doing Texas method? I'd check your diet. Are you sure it's in order? Eating at surplus every damn day? Getting 7-9 hours of sleep?

If so, then it could be your routine. I feel like you could still squeeze out linear gainz with your bench (it IS pretty low). Try doing 3x5 bench press 3X a week. You're not doing enough weight where you can't recover from that. That's what has worked for me. I also do DB ohp as an accessory because BB hurts my shoulders so I can't help you there.
>>
File: master races.jpg (112KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
master races.jpg
112KB, 960x540px
>>39637506
I feel you pham, I think in high school I was bench pressing around 250, the other day I tried to bench 160 and couldn't get it up. But I've only been back in the gym for about 4-5 weeks and only had about 3 chest days so far.

Deadlift isn't too bad though at 365, I haven't tried to max out yet but I went from doing 225 one time as my big leap of faith to doing it twice, then doing 225 for 4 reps. So it will be fun to see how far I can go eventually.

My OHP is pretty bad right now too but I'm just building up. My back didn't enjoy a pendlay row when I tried it, but I used to do them so maybe I'll eventually get back into those.

For seated rows I was doing about 200. I weigh 188 right now

>>39637560
>meme
>volume at lower weight
bodymemer plz
>>
>>39637630
Yes, 3000 calories and at least 180g protein a day, sleep at least 7 a night. I've tried 3x5 everyday, still lucky to add 5lb every 2 weeks and that was in October, did Ithe for about 6 weeks
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (152KB, 1017x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
152KB, 1017x918px
>>39637633
>he doesn't mix his training between strength and hypertrophy
Why you lifting brah
>>
>>39637647
How active are you? Height?
>>
>>39637619
>Underated
>>
>>39637662
Lift 3x a week, near completely sedentary otherwise outside of walking around work
5 11
>>
>>39637655
The natty code.
>What are accessories
>>
>>39637506
I guess you new to liftan
Yor squats and deads are stronger because your lower body responds well to high frequency.
For upper body you need to use more volume.
5/3/1 or modifying the TM so te light day to body buiding day.
>Like
Squats 3x5 (light)
some press 3x10
Incline press 3x15
Skull-crushers 4x8
Tricept work 3x15
Row 3x10
>>
>>39637732
I only have a flat bench, rack, and barbell; and my triceps are beyond strong enough, would you recommend chest and delt flyes, considering I fail both at the lower part? Getting dumbbells soon, and if that would help, what rep ranges? 3x8?
>>
>>39637506
If anything just pyramid it.
Start at your 1rm, drop some weight and do gradually more reps the further you go with like 5 sets working down to the naked bar.

Ignore the faggots laughing at you failing the bar because your concern is making sure you get to full fatigue. Like the other anons are saying, check your diet, get plenty of rest and stop being a bitch and move up in weight. The fact that you're able to bench more than you're own weight and squat double means you're on the right track. Trust me anon, you're gonna make it
>>
>>39637732
Spoto press will help with strength from the bottom.
OP with higher reps as it is a accessory lift.
You can never have enough triceps strength.
When you get your dumbells do pec flys, lateral and revere flys.
>>
>>39637869
Thanks for some non bodymeming suggestions
Is the bottom of spoto press the inch above chest, or do you go down to chest then pause an inch above on the way up?
>>
>>39637892
An inch above the chest and hold if for 2-3 seconds.
Also do pause bench where you pause on your chest for a second.
>>
>>39637506
i like how on this board everyone posts their max weight instead of their working weight.

if you can only do this weight once or twice while a vein pops on your eyeball, it is not your lifts.
>>
>>39637940
Implying half of this board says there work weight is their 1rm
>>
Your presses could be better, obviously, but your lifts seem reasonably proportional. You're meant to hit 1/2/3/4 on the same day for all of your lifts. Just stick with your program and don't worry about milestone lifts, that's the best way to get stronger.
>>
>>39637869
>Pyramiding
Nice meme
>>
>>39638004
>You're *not* meant to hit 1/2/3/4 on the same day for all of your lifts
fixed
>>
>>39638013
I think you ment to
>>39637771
>Any way here is my (you)
>>
>>39637633
>>meme
>>volume at lower weight
>bodymemer plz
I'm actually a powerlifter. However like any halfway decent powerlifter, I don't stick to strictly low sets at high weight because that's noob shit.

Also I find it hilarious that you're even more a noob than OP and trying to give him advice.

>>39637567
>inb4 brosplit
I also do full body. Without knowing what your current routine is, I can't really suggest something else, however feel free to experiment with sets of 8 or even 10 for a few weeks. You're not so advanced that you're going to need months to see a difference.

For instance on a heavy day I'll do 3x5 at 230 lbs, but those heavy days aren't any more often than a light day of 4x8. Texas Method wastes too much time on a 1RM bench. That day you do a 1RM is basically useless for gaining anything. At that point of your progress you really shouldn't be concerned ON A WEEKLY BASIS on what your 1RM bench is.

And like typical Rippletits fashion, the volume you do on bench/OHP is vastly outclassed by your squats. Not even looking at the days you do them, but just look at the total sets/reps you do; it's utter shit; you're barely doing anything. It's no wonder your progress is junk on presses.
>>
>>39638084
Because op is new he will still gain strength from non meme bb split.
>>
>>39638105
>non meme bb split
Wew lad
>>
>>39638105
It's like you can't even read. I stated that I did full body. Most powerlifters do. Few decent powerlifters stick to only low reps/high weight though. None that I know of do actually.

Again, OP is new that he shouldn't even be concerned about setting a new 1RM every fucking week on bench. That's a completely useless day. Even just another 3x5 day instead of a 1RM day every week would be vastly better.
>>
>>39637979
I have no idea what my max weight is but I know I can bench my own bodyweight for reps so that's pretty good I'd think.
>>
>>39638105
>>39638126
I should add, since there's a shit ton of new lifters in this thread, that this higher volume bench day is in addition to whatever other things you do, not a day dedicated to just bench.

However if you're spending time doing bench with squats on Friday, don't waste it doing a 1RM.
>>
>>39637506
BEcause you're a little bitty manlet with small bones.

T. Little bitty manlet (5'8") with 6" wrists and 20 inch shoulders span
>>
File: topmfw.jpg (6KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
topmfw.jpg
6KB, 250x205px
>>39638155
I like how the guy that clearly knows his shit is taking time to deal with mongoloids.
>>
>>39638119
>Implying 5x5 isn't a old school bodybuilding rep range.
>>39638126
I don't really care what you did, op is new and should learn how to lift before doing and sport /lift specific program.
>>39638155
No don't have a bench specific day as your still new and can benefit from the high frequency training.
Don't try to lift for 1rm as it gives no benefits aside from an ego boost.
>>39638186
Cool meme.
>saved
>>
memebuilders leave
>>
You guys know that muscle gain rate, maximum muscle potential and strength are non-negociably, based on genetics and your development , hormones and diet during childhood and teens?

'Genetics' are not an ineffable thing either- your bones tell you about your genetics and development, which tells you about your potential.

To be Usain Bolt, you need to be very tall, have a small waist, slightly wide shoulders, long skinny limbs and feet with high arches and long toes .

You can't force yourself into being like Dwayne Wade, Usain bolt, Michael phelps, Rich piana, Zyzz, Jeff Seid, TinyTrip, or anyone else.
>>
>>39638576
>t. Captain obvious
>>
>>39638576
Usain Bolt has scoliosis too, so I'm not sure if that helps him in the starting blocks or just hurts him overall.

And I can't take you seriously when you throw in Rich Piana. But I'll just hope you're memeing
Only thing Rich Piana could do is help me out in business, I look up to world class athletes not faggot bodybuilders with trash muscle
>>
>>39639411
Rich piana is just a mild example

He's not very aesthetic but he does have a very wide, bulky frame

Zyzz was very aesthetic but had a narrower frame
>>
>>39639535
All you need to have muscles like Rich Piana is the know how and plenty of roids, HGH, and dedication over years.

Zyzz was a skinnyfag and all he needed was roids and training

Either way they're/were fun to watch and meme
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.