[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the deadlift supposed to be all legwork? I've worked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is the deadlift supposed to be all legwork? I've worked on getting my form perfect but I still don't even know what I'm supposed to be feeling here. It just feels like standing up: the exercise. Doesn't feel like it's engaging anything but my legs.
>>
>>39625317

It engages the back isometrically. The legs and hips are the parts that actually move.
The upper body is more like the arm of a crane. Stays rigid while the mechanism moves it up. But the strength required to keep the upper body rigid is why deadlifting is great for the upper body as well as lower.

You will start feeling deadlifts all over your body once the weight gets heavier.
>>
>>39625317
It's all legs, however, it helps strengthen your back.
You're suppose to go heavy, so maybe up the weight by a few? If your form is good that is.
>>
>Standing up: The exercise

Why did I kek.
>>
can we rename deadlifts to weighted standups?
>>
Elevated pulls
>>
>>39625317
your problem is that you think it's supposed to "feel" a certain way. lifting isn't based on feels, it's based on physics, and physics dictates that you cannot deadlift without engaging your quads, hamstrings, glutes, abs, spinal erectors, traps and a ton of smaller muscle groups.
>>
you should feel your lower back and traps for sure, as well as forearms, glutes, hams and quads
>>
File: 88c9f0_5409272.jpg (46KB, 1052x654px) Image search: [Google]
88c9f0_5409272.jpg
46KB, 1052x654px
>>39625989
>lifting isn't based on feels, it's based on physics.

Anon, I...
>>
Real Talk - lower back, traps if your back is continuously kept warm ever 5 minutes. That being said, deadlifts aren't ment to be felt, its based to a stretch of a muscle(hamstrings), if your quads engage you are sitting to much. If your hammies arent sore the next day your back(being the strong muscle of the movement) controlled the weight. Each persons torsion is different so find the point were your hamstrings are stretched and rip tat weight up. NB: never control the eccentric part of the movement if you want to avoid injuries.

LOL @ weighted standups :P
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.