[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any /fit/izens suffering from tinnitus? How do you cope with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: img_492-79[1].jpg (23KB, 507x330px) Image search: [Google]
img_492-79[1].jpg
23KB, 507x330px
Any /fit/izens suffering from tinnitus? How do you cope with it?
Had another setback and it's now at the point where it seriously affects my ability to sleep at night. And since no sleep means no gains, it's also kinda /fit/-related.
Any advice is heavily appreciated.
>>
White noise machine /sleeping with the fan on

Done
>>
Literally in your shoes, OP. Seen the ent a million times and all they can say is "well it's not so bad, lots of people have it"

All you can do is trooper on or an hero, so you're in my prays, OP and any other driveninsanebros
>>
have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember, and I try to surround myself with sounds the whole day, even if it is just the tiniest amount of sound. at night I put on music on a low volume but high enough too cover the tinnitus.

It was a pain doing exams and tests in school with that shit. couldn't focus at all.
>>
When i got tinitus from a ruptured eardrum it seriously affected my sleep, and the constant stress made me lose so many of my gains.

Tried everything modern medicine can offer; cortisol, psychological therapy to cope, white noise machine etc...

Dropped 2k+ on this shit, and nothing helped in the slightest

After having my mum talk me into trying, what i at the time thought was the jew of medicine, acupuncture, my life is good again.

I was met by a serious doctor who explained to me that acupuncture cannot be proven to work whatsoever ( basically the chinks know it works but not why ) but its the only method with which he was able to cure tinitus. He talked about a sucess rate of 50% and seemed very sincere and competent. I had him stick needles in my body for 10 sessions, and my tinitus got worse then completely faded overnight.

To this day im still mindblown that modern medicine is helpless against an illness that chinks learned to cure by sticking fucking needles in your body. Like... wtf man i wouldnt believe it if it hadnt worked for me
>>
I have, but for me it's not that bad because everyday noise covers it. I only hear it in bed, but I've learned to mostly ignore it. When it gets loud I've used these white noise videos on youtube to mask it.
>>
How does someone even get tinnitus?
>>
>>39624894
it stimulates your nerves, makes you relax and makes you feel like you're being treated

but it doesn't actually treat anything that couldn't be treated by chilling out and getting a massage or relaxing by the pool

i've noticed that my tinnitus only comes back when Im thinking about it
>>
>>39624942
There are a million different causes. Exposure to loud noise is one, so try to stay away from that, but it's not the only cause.
>>
stop listen to loud music
drink enough
relax/massage
check your jaw, neck, spine (all those can affect it if tensed or injured) when i bite hard on my teeth my tinnitus gets much louder for example
>>
Any of the tinnitus brahs still going clubbing? I really miss it, but I'm scared of the risk.
>>
>>39624894
Op here. Same shoes as you. Got jumped on my way home at night, got my eardrum ruptured. Tinnitus remained even after surgery. Acupuncture has me curious, might try it sometime.
>>
Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.
This always works for me.
>>
>>39625265
Got a visual assistance on that?
>>
>>39625276
Not that anon, but I remember reading this total crackpot description as a method of activating your almonds (pineal gland) on /x/ many years ago. I don't buy into that stuff at all, but here's a video of a guy doing the exact same method. No idea if it will help with tinnitus in the slightest, but here you go:

https://youtu.be/PYHLv44KqXw?t=80
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.