[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will adding push ups to SS on the off days make me stronger and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: specs1pushupelite.png (123KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
specs1pushupelite.png
123KB, 460x259px
will adding push ups to SS on the off days make me stronger and get me more gains? pic related
>>
no.
>>
>>39623595
why?
>>
Duh.
>>
>>39623601
rest days are for rest, not unweighted cardio pushup bullshit
>>
>>39623613
>unweighted cardio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVylMFWSIYw
>>
Rippetoe has been a strength coach for two decades, developing and teaching starting strength as an effective means of developing real strength in a beginner so they can eventually move on to more complicated programs.

But you know what he never thought of in all his 20+ years of coaching experience? Getting his athletes to do fucking push-ups on their rest days. Congratulations OP. Somehow a man who has barely been doing SS for a month and weighs 150 soaking wet has discovered the ultimate secret to more strength and gains that has eluded professional coaches for decades.

Kill yourself now, because you'll never make it if you can't even manage to follow a simple routine for a few months to build a base of strength.
>>
>>39623583
Is my addition of an exercise to a beginner's program honed of years of trial and error on athletes written by an extremely experienced strength coach who specifically states in said program that beginners do not benefit from extra volume going to get me gains faster?
Oh I don't know anon, maybe think for 5 minutes before you post a question you probably could have answered with a bit of evaluation.
>>
>>39623583
You can do them after your main lifts, not on rest days
>>
>>39623664
>>39623690
So why does GSLP add them?
>>
>>39623742
Why does this different program have different programming?
Anon please, are we going to have to spell everything out for you?
IF YOU WANT TO DO SS DO SS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO SS DON'T DO SS. IF YOU ARE NOT DOING SS YOU ARE NOT DOING SS. SS AND SOME MODIFICATIONS I MADE IS NOT SS.
>>
File: 1480033105147.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480033105147.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
Friendly reminder that SS was designed as an easy starting point for the absolute lowest common deniminator. It's literally the most basic, simple, barebones program you can do. Its a great program for what it is, but If you feel like adding shit, do it. You won't be throwing your body out of whack just because you can handle more work. The anons who are die-hard SS-purists are all on their first few months of lifting, remember that.
>>
>>39623742
Because the GLSP guy tells you what you want to hear.
Anyways, just do your pushups after your main program, it won't hurt. Just do yourself one favour: eat a lot and sleep a lot.
>>
>>39623887
"No."

This is retarded. Just do SS until you stop making linear progress and then do all of this lifting for girls shit on the side.
>>
>>39623887
Friendly reminder that this jabroni and the OP are the same retards who show up in six months and say "I've been doing SS for X amount of time, why am I not seeing any results?"

Its because you never even gave the program a fair shake you inbreds. You do SS until you stop making linear gains, then you progress to some more intermediate programming. Its just that fucking simple.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.