[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally am motivated to workout at the gym but due to my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: e2f455c0cddfbcf7ff4fe3a6db2e87df.png (125KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
e2f455c0cddfbcf7ff4fe3a6db2e87df.png
125KB, 1280x960px
So I finally am motivated to workout at the gym but due to my job as a fire fighterand studying at the same time, I have problem managing my diet.
Basically during uni day and work day, i can't get proper food with me and have to resort to eating shitty food. The only thing I get to eat is macdonalds and other junk shit food. Also no fridge so I can't bring my own food. Luckily I never grow fat (in fact I'm losing weight) but I can't gain muscle. Any recommendations?
>>
Do you have a fridge/freezer at home? If so buy an insulated lunch bag and some refreezable ice packs, I used to work 12s and my lunch was 9 hours in, and my food would still be cold.
>>
If you're losing weight then you're on a caloric deficit, regardless of what junk shit you're eating. As such what ever your macros are it's irrelevant because you can not seriously gain muscle on a deficit.

With that in mind what you need to do is
>eat more calories
>eat more protein

If you're say 180 lbs you should eat 180 grams of protein a day. Some argue more but just hitting the right number should be enough. Get some whey protein and compensate however much protein you're lacking with that.

If you're still at a small caloric deficit but hitting your protein mark regardless then you will at the very least maintain the muscle mass you have. Maybe even gain some muscle. You'll basically be cutting with minimum muscle loss.
>>
Yeah I have a fridge at home. But is it really ok to freeze food that long? I'm tired of eating Mac everyday.
>>
>>39621950
The cold from the ice stays in the insulated container, it's basically a portable mini fridge. Just make sure it's zipped up tight.
>>
>>39621948
That explains why I'm not gaining muscles much.
During my fire fighting training, I literally starved for 4-5 months. Lost 15-20 kg and my body got fucked up. I lost lots of muscles but mostly fats. After that experience, it's been already 4 months and I still haven't fully recovered.
I will take your advice. Thanks.
>>
>>39621968
That sounds so painful.

De nada, have fun getting SHREDDED
>>
>>39621963
Oh that's smart. Thanks mate.
>>
>>39621968
Have this, friendo, courtesy of the sticky, which should be read.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
>>
>>39621921
Have you ever heard of meal prep? This board sees those chicken/rice/broccoli threads often. Also, you can make bulk beans and they freeze fine. Try overnight oats in the morning. Good luck, anon
>>
>>39621948
That's something I don't understand. Not OP btw.
Why is it necessary to eat a caloric surplus to gain muscle? Aren't calories only needed for giving you the energy to lift? Isn't protein what defines muscle growth?
>>
>>39622465
The body still uses protein for energy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.