[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weightlifters in here What's your age How many injuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: fail anon.jpg (107KB, 964x507px) Image search: [Google]
fail anon.jpg
107KB, 964x507px
Weightlifters in here

What's your age
How many injuries have you gotten, and when was your first injury?
>>
like 5

fracturing my foot dropping down from the pullup bar was a low point for sure
>>
>>39620519
>5
underage b&
>>
>>39620519
How the fuck did you manage that? You weigh 400 lbs or something?
>>
>>39620530
lmao idk

5'7 180 around 16% bf
>>
File: 8978741716_013cf3c9ae_z.jpg (186KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
8978741716_013cf3c9ae_z.jpg
186KB, 612x612px
Did shitty non-tucked sternum benching lmao1pl8 for reps from 15 till 19 years old, this benching loosened the fuck out of my labrum causing me to start dislocation my shoulder at 17. I threw a beer can really hard and my arm came out of its socket, everyone was underage drunk so we couldn't go to the hospital my pals just looked up instructional YouTube videos and set my shoulder with me laying in the middle of his street

Then till 19 I dislocated my shoulder a few more times randomly (I cringe every time I think about this one: I tried riding a unicycle and reached for the wall with my dislocatey arm,hit the floor and my arm popped out from me trying to hold the brick wall from an upper point while falling)

At 19 I yawned one time and it came out, I couldn't set it. Tried a lot of times, immensely painful, finally went to a doctor about it for the very first time.

Had to get surgery and recovery for 8 months (no use of right arm whatsoever must be positioned exactly in sling)
TERRIBLE. Lost all gains. Couldn't shower easily. Sex was really difficult on my hip flexors (balancing during missionary while holding her leg/s with one hand)

After that 3 months PT. PTS were awful, found out that a lot of PT centers perform the illegal practice of having unlicensed interns work with patients while a licensed physician is merely nearby as opposed to attending, PT was a bunch of Chad's and Stacie's stretching me + some old people and then telling people what machine/pulley cycle to run

Started lifting again in June. My progression has been painfully slow (especially bench press. I don't think I will ever in my life be able to bench press 2 pl8) but I'm finally starting to feel like my arm is a natural part of my body again

LESSONS LEARNED:
>1) stretching is NOT for fags (damn u high school lift bros)
>2)TUCK STERNUM
>>
>>39620609
>all those injuries
damn fyl, I hope I never have any injuries.
>>
>>39620643
It was a bunch of accidents caused by a single true injury which was brought on from years of benching with shit form and not stretching before workouts. Even if you don't hit snap city during your workout it's not guaranteed that you're not fucking up
>>
>>39620692
Well I'm not sure what you mean by tucking my sternum, I do stretch before workouts but I should probably get deeper into stretching
>>
>>39620609
How the fuck do you "tuck sternum"? You mean tuck elbows?
>>
>>39620513
If you're not a competitive lifter who lifts close to the maximal humanly possible weight, getting injured while lifting means you're doing something wrong and are plain and simple a fucking retard
>>
File: Apti happy dance.gif (4MB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
Apti happy dance.gif
4MB, 552x552px
19, been weightlifting for almost 3 years

Not really injuries but i took some rest days to rest because of lower back and rhomboid muscle contracure because one of my shoulder is higher than the other and it created some imbalance.
Otherwise, i've haven't been dealing with huge injuries because i have good mobility and flexibility and i streche all the time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.