[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think about this movie? I'll start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What does /fit/ think about this movie?

I'll start.

>what is portion control
>>
>>39619991
I liked it a lot when I was 14. I always felt so bad for fat people and didn't understand why anyone would choose to be fat and not do anything about it.

He went to too much of an extreme to prove his point and that opens him up to doubt. If he had just eaten medium sized meals and tried some of the "healthier" items more over maybe 2-3 months he probably would have had the same bad results and maybe more people would have listened instead of saying "well he got supersize every other meal"

also the fucking soda was so much of the problem and McDonald's shouldn't be blamed for how bad 50oz of Coca-cola 3x a day is for you.
>>
>>39619991
Watch Fathead

He challenges Supersize me and eats nothing but fast food for a month and loses weight and bf.

Supersize me is a complete lie.
>>
>>39620016

Fathead is even stupider. The guy goes from one shitty diet to another shitty diet with more exercise, his horrible blood test becomes slightly less horrible due to having some physical activity and losing a few pounds, and then they tie in some big conspiracy theory about how the government's tricking us into eating oatmeal and how butter and fried chicken are actually health foods.
>>
>>39620037

Did we see the same movie?
>>
>>39620065

We watched the same film but may have seen it differently. The film I saw involved a stand-up comedian pitching low-carb diets and anti-government rhetoric, trying to discredit mainstream science on nutrition in a very unscientific way.
>>
>>39620037
Excercise makes ypu stay fit whi would guess? I dont feel bad for fat asses ehen they dont even move.
>>
>>39619991
you can't portion control any mcshits food and expect any positive outcome.
>>
>>39620185

The best you can hope for is that you'll be in less shitty shape than you would be if you also ate enough of it to be obese
>>
>>39620082
I somewhat agree with you.
He lost credibility to me when he said you only get fat from carbs, then when i researched him he was selling a shitload of "go paleo" merchandise.

The worst part though was him saying eating under 2000 calories was bullshit to weight loss, then he ate under 2000 calories for a month and said "lost weight because no bread lol"
>>
It's an old documentary, still a must watch imo. People give him shit because he didn't set a calorie goal but remember that this was the early 2000s and he also was aiming to gain weight and give people an idea of what happens if you don't watch your fast food intake, maybe not exactly in 30 days, but in a few months assuming the average fatty gets fast food 4 or 5 days a week
>>
>>39620326
>>39620404
the fries experiment on the DVD extra is frightening though
https://youtu.be/VMWq26zH_sU?t=19
>>
Yah it was unscientific/ hyperbolic blah blah blah...

But the core conceit of the movie was to teach fast food eating fucks that their lifestyle is killing them. You do this in clear easy to understand ways like in this movie.
>>
>>39620404
Tbqh the not setting a calorie goal never bothered me. Your typical person on the street wouldn't know a calorie if it fucked them in the mouth, they just go into a fast food place and shovel in food until they feel satisfied. He basically did the same.

But as you say, most people who eat fast food don't do it for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
>>
>>39620037
>the government's tricking us into eating oatmeal and how butter and fried chicken are actually health foods.
Ok, I never watched this movie but isn't think true? At school they taught me that fats are bad and carbs are good. It's the complete fucking opposite.
>>
>>39619991
I'm not an American so I wasn't the target audience

But when I watched it , I thought, yeah no shit eating only McDonalds will make you unhealthy and get fat, everyone fucking knows that you don't need to make a movie about it
>>
I still believe the movie was more about what americans, who have to work day in and day out at their slavewage jobs, are subjected to fast food due to its convenience - some people literally eat burgers every lunch. And dinner just as fucking bad. It wasnt a movie showing "hey you become a fastass eating fast food" moreso "im going to concentrate a lifestyle into one month and show you how bad it could get"
>>
File: coolman.jpg (30KB, 803x454px) Image search: [Google]
coolman.jpg
30KB, 803x454px
This movie makes me crave McDonald's so hard.

I don't even care about all the bad stuff they say.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.