[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stopped smoking yesterday >anxiety >short of breath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: triggers-for-smoking-400x400.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
triggers-for-smoking-400x400.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>stopped smoking yesterday
>anxiety
>short of breath
>nausea

H-How long do the withdrawals last lads? i realized what i was doing to my body before i became a pack a day smoker (i was at like 10 cigs a day so basically half a pack)
>>
>>39613346
>>39613346
1-3 days of mild withdrawals you fucking pussy, it's literally nothing
>>
>>39613346
how did you quit? I got friends who have tried a lot and just cant quit
>>
>stopped smoking 5 days ago
>still had a pack cigs in my pocket these 5 days
>just dont did it
>throw them away today
>realized i dont need them, though i smoked 20-30+ per day for 5 years
>>
>>39613372

I did it out of boredom really, i smoked like 10 cigs a day but i would do it at the exact same time, i realized i wasn't addicted and that it was just a bad habit so i cut it off completely, the withdrawals are hard but i'm 100% certain i'll make it.

i Imagine it's a lot harder if you're addicted
>>
>>39613413
dude r u stupid? if u have withdrawels u are addicted
>>
Day 3 now after being a pack a day smoker for 16 years.

In the last year I got my diet on point, lost fat, got muscle, am all-around healthier except that.

Kicking sugar, booze and other stuff easy, this is tougher. But finally after going back and forth in my head about it for a few weeks I thought "Just fucking do it now?". Put my smoke out and so far so good.
>>
>>39613346
>H-How long do the withdrawals last lads

About 1.25-2 years. Then it's easy.

It's like really hard the first 1-3 days. Then it get's easier til about week 2. Then it get's really hard again because you're facing social situations where you instinctively would smoke. Then it get's easier, just sort of tapers off. Then it get's really hard again at month 3-6 when something stressful happens. Then it get's easier.

And each time you relapse you start at day one. But if you relapse for a week it'll be easier to start again and try and pick up again than smoking for 3 months.

Takes about a month to cough all the shit up and start seeing real benefits. After month 3 you'll be able to breath slower and take in more oxygen than before. Like if you're running you'll hit walls later.

I quit smoking 3 times and lasted 6 months each time before relapsing to 10-20 a day before I made it to 2 years.
>>
Breath like you would when smoking. Deep inhale, long exhale. Visualize a cigarette if you want to.

Remember the fact that the cravings don't last long, they hit and run. It's like wanting something sweet, easy to overcome, they just last long. If you can't beat the cravings you are not much better than a fatty.

I quit cold turkey 4 years ago.
>>
>>39614344

As I say this I have just finished eating a full haagen-Dazs srawberry cheese cake ice cream tub (UK size). I've been eating 1200 calories for the last 3 weeks and dropped 18lbs as of this morning. Last night I fought the urge for a takeaway, it was like my body was switching into starvation mode. Today I have had a BBQ sandwich from buger king and this ice cream... My entire shopping has been vegetables but I couldn't resist sticking the ice cream in. That's me for today.

I'd have a bit of a toss up over being fat or a smoker. You're just as likely to die from a related illness but even morbid obesity's reversible than smoking even if you end up with flappy skin.
>>
>>39613346
I did it too around march and although the physical symptoms stopped, the psychological need doesnt go away at all. Every day is an uphill battle against yourself actively stopping yourself from smoking. When people light up near me i start to sweat and getting anxious, its hell and its been 9 months. The only advice i can give you is dont give up an inch, the only way to make it is being strong permanently and that doesnt happen if become indulgent with yourself saying youll do it gradually or that one doesnt hurt. You have to cut it and you have to do it dry and long term, its the only way.
>>
>>39614433
Former fatty (thankfully no loose skin). Food is a lot easier to quit than smoking.
>>
>>39613346
I never felt any withdrawal effects, I was smoking half a pack a day for 2 years and it was annoying me when I ran out of breath during exercise so I simply stopped smoking. I think it has a lot to do with mentality.
>>
I just started smoking small cigars and from there I quit one day, didn't really have any withdrawals desu
>>
>>39614449
>I think it has a lot to do with mentality.

True. I've noticed people that come from that "it's harder to quit than heroine" mentality have a lot more trouble quitting. Maybe they feel justified in having relapses since it's so difficult. When you treat it as something easy it's harder to make excuses.
>>
>>39613346
First couple times i quit was easy then i went on a holidays or a drinking bender and thought ahh that was easy quitting ill just do it again. Each failed attempt got harder. Now i just use an ecig slowly taper down the Nicotine over a few months or they eventually break. Then you get like a day or 2 of withdraws but thats it so much easier as the nicotine keeps you calm whilst you withdraw from the other nasty shit in smokes and then its just getting over the nicotine.

or champix if you wont to put yourself through hell.

Thing is i dont want to fully quit them so i just use my ecig, which i still notice the benifits of not smoking with and then just have a couple smokes when i drink or with mates probably only have maybe 5 absolute max a month where as before i was going through like 5 packs of 35s a week
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.