[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have absolutely terrible knees and leg problems. when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Knee Pain 11-19-13 C.jpg (27KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
Knee Pain 11-19-13 C.jpg
27KB, 1109x614px
I have absolutely terrible knees and leg problems.
when it comes to leg day do any of you have any advice?

should I just stick to accessory work or?
>>
>>39604965
buy knee sleeves to prevent injury
>>
>>39604976
This is also about my ego as lame as that sounds. I do squats, but have to do REALLY low weight. I use a knee brace but the pain is obviously still present when excising.
I have never used a compression sleeve, and I guess never though it would really make a difference
>>
Stop being a pussy maybe?
>>
>>39604965
Recently saw this video, by athlean-x, and he was saying to try box squats if you have knee pain. Use a bench to guide your form, ill try to find the video
>>
>>39605005
https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/the-advantages-of-knee-sleeves-what-they-are-and-when-to-wear-them
>>
>>39605197
Thank you, mate
>>
>>39605200
thank you as well
>>
>>39605179
Fuck off.

Not OP, but I played as an icehockey goalie for 15 years. That shit will do an number of your knees.
My knees crack LOUDLY every time I bend them now.

I too am looking for some advice for leg day as somebody with bad knees!
>>
>>39605235
don't look for advice here. go to physio and he will tell you what you can and cannot do
>>
Are you flexible enough? 90 degree hip flexion and all that jazz.
>>
>>39605235
OP here, served with the paratroops in the Army for 7 years and played hockey as well..

My knees are trash.
>>
>>39605263
I can get to about 45 degrees and then its pretty much a prayer past that in terms of squatting.
>>
>>39604965
I swapped to low bar + following strict rippletits form, knees are now fine
>>
sleeves ain't going to do shit if your problem is form or mobility.

But it's easier to spend a couple bucks instead of realizing you've probably been doing shit wrong or have bad mobility.
>>
>>39604965
foam roll quads, hammies, calves and hips

mostly quads for relief. the rest so it doesnt come back
>>
>>39604965
Rest for a month.
Ice your knees if they flare up.
Stretch and foam roll like hell.
I had some serious knee pain from basketball as a fat cunt and doing all of the above and starting very low weight helped tremendously. When you do come back to squatting try doing a really thorough warm up before and stretching after. I know how bad knee pain can be and I wish you good luck.
>>
>>39604965
Lose weight

Not saying to sacrifice your gains but unnecessary fat can weigh on your knees tremendously.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.