[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets settle this once and for all highbar or lowbar for better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 660x400px
lets settle this once and for all

highbar or lowbar for better strength gains?

mark says lowbar but fit says highbar

pic unrelated
>>
>>39598115
if you powerlift: lowbar
if you don't: high bar
>>
>>39598122
Why
>>
>taking advice from a fatass who looks like a PE instructor for a highschool
>>
>>39598115
Lowbar. Less flexibility needed desu.

Personally I prefer high bar even though it lets me move less weight though.
>>
>>39598115
I think you can lift more going low bar, so that's probably better for powerlifting. I think it's a little harder on the body, or at least easier to fuck up if you're a noob. High bar is fine for aethetics. Hell, leg press is fine for aethetics.
>>
>>39598122
Why would anyone squat for any reason other than powetlifting anyways
As if girls cared about quads
>>
>>39598215
how is high bar superior to low bar for aesthetics?
>>
>>39598259
hits the quads WAY more than a proper low bar, based on my own experience
>>
>>39598289
will this not result in muscle imbalances? high bar neglects hamstrings, and boosts quads. you are going to end up with anterior pelvic tilt
>>
>>39598178
>>taking advice from a fatass who looks like a PE instructor for a highschool
this

also
>the art of manliness

kek. theyre the kind of people who do SS for fucking years and make no gains. everyone knows they workout but they do it so cucked that no one would ever guess by seeing them
>>
>>39598327
i mean, i do exercises for my hamstrings as well, some glute hamstring raises and romanian deadlifts.
>>
>>39598259
Looks aesthetic as fuck if you have superior ankle flexibility. I can get my ass 2 to 3 inches away from the floor. People mire.

I tihnk scott herman has a video where he talks about the differences of the two and gives the pros and cons. Havent checked it though.

>>39598327
WRONG
A proper ATG back squat hits hamstrings and quads maybe low bar activates the hamstrings more since its movement out of the hole resembles the deadlift position
>>
>>39598365
only problem with ATG highbar is buttwink, it'll take months/years to get rid off
I can pretty much almost touch the ground with my ass but I still get buttwink if I go past parallel
>>
>>39598406
mark says buttwink is ok
redpill me on it please
>>
>>39598406
Buttwink isnt as an important issue as most people make it out to be.

Buttwink should only be considered a problem when it causing you pain every time you squat. Or its causing posture problems.

Then again theres a lot of conflicting research on the topic.
>>
>>39598221
Bitches love big thighs and ass, dipshit
>>
>>39598450

refer to my post >>39598455

But if anything I think rounding of the back and not keeping your back tight throughout the entire lift is a bigger issue than buttwink.

Buttwink can be looked as a technicality?
>>
>>39598455
often gives me an uncomfortable ache/feeling after few sessions so my opinion is its better to be safe than sorry

there's pretty much no advantage in ATG over going just parallel unless you practice oly lifts

but if you have no buttwink theres absolutely zero reason why you couldnt just do what you prefer
>>
File: sheiko.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
sheiko.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>>39598178
This is Boris Sheiko (beer gut on the left, not Klokov), one of the greatest strength coaches to have ever lived. Coaching and doing are two different things.
>>
>>39598115
Highbar: better for quad strength, better for squatting deeper. If you do olympic lifting, this is how you squat.
Lowbar: better for posterior chain strength, better for lifting a higher total poundage. If you do powerlifting, this is how you squat.
If you aren't in the groups mentioned above, it's basically just up to you. If you have one that you strongly prefer, that you feel fits your training/goals better, or that feels more comfortable to you then do that. Otherwise, do both, because they are both good.
Personally I pretty much exclusively do front squats and highbar squats, as I feel my back, hamstrings and glutes get enough work from deadlifts and cleans, and I am more interested in quad strength when it comes to squatting.
>>
File: 1401239830497.jpg (34KB, 193x230px) Image search: [Google]
1401239830497.jpg
34KB, 193x230px
Low bar will be better for strength and size. More weight, same range of motion.

High bar should be done if you have elbow or shoulder problems that make low bar too painful. If you want to hit the quads, so front squats, hack squats, or leg press
>>
>>39598221
I do it for rugby and because I like to be strong.
>>
>>39598327
If all you did was highbar squats, maybe. Almost no one does this, most people do deadlifts, cleans, GHRs, etc.
>>
The only difference between highbar and lowbar is lowbar has a slight mechanical advantage through leverages, which allows you to move more weight. Neither activates or trains any muscles more than the other.
>>
>>39598406
Ankle flexibility is probably holding you back, that's the issue with most people, if you put a decent amount of work into improving it you can get rid of the issue pretty quickly.
>>
>>39598804
>Same range of motion
No. Unless you have bad flexibility in general, you can hit a much larger range of motion with a highbar squat.
>>
>>39598844
Wrong, thanks for playing.
>>
>>39598221
/Owg/
>>
File: 1480121059360.jpg (11KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
1480121059360.jpg
11KB, 258x195px
>>39598215
>Hell, leg press is fine for aethetics.
>>
>>39598221
olympic lifting

for hypertrophy or general strength squats can either be an excellent lift or not that great of a lift depending on your anatomy
>>
>>39598844
Wat. The low bar squat uses the posterior chain WAY more than a high bar squat.
>>
After 5 years of highbar I recently switched to lowbar and it feels much better

No more knee or back pain
>>
>>39598221
>the only reason people lift is to get chicks and/or impress other dudes with their numbers
>no one genuinely enjoys lifting
>>
I learned it high bar, have no problems doing it so no point in learning low bar
>>
If you do deadlifts already, high bar squats are the better choice.
>>
>>39598115
If you powerlift - lowbar, if you Oly lift - lowbar. If you want bigger legs or just want to put on size - you find a squat variation that you can do pain free and the technique isn't too much for you.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.