[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The same people who keep saying to do SS also keep saying ATG.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1475043703519.jpg (67KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1475043703519.jpg
67KB, 640x426px
The same people who keep saying to do SS also keep saying ATG.

But Mr Marcus Rippletoe says that the squats in SS are low bar squats and you CANNOT do those ATG. The whole point is that your torso is more parallel with the floor than it is vertical to recruit and stretch out your hamstrings and make use of the elastic reflex or whatever
>>
>>39593672
he says to squat to parrelel because anything lower than that requires you to relax some muscles.

His method is for using the most amount of muscle within the most efficient range of motion to lift the most amount of weight
>>
>>39593905
This. If you want to lift as heavy as possible, go wide stance, parallel, low bar. If you just want to increase your strength somewhat and don't care about your total but want to stay mobile and already have good mobility go hip width, ATG, high bar or front squat.
>>
Tell a noob ATG and he will stop at parallel
>>
already been squatting high bar atg for months now, the motor patterns are already ingrained in my brain, lowbar feels weird anyway, like the bar is gonna roll off my shoulders. You can still widen your stance with high bar, it's called a hybrid squat.
>>
>>39593955
Yeah but mark says low bar for SS. And SS is his best way for strength gains. So assuming he is right, (i dont want to argue lets just assume he is), why is ATG so parroted around here if parallel low bars are the best?
>>
>>39594135
you've just learned that you are getting advice from idiots. they just started ss/sl and think all squats are lowbar squats
>>
>>39594135
Most people say ATG but mean go as low as possible because of seeing half reps every day. Also those same most people never read SS and do high bar
>>
>>39593672
I wanna shove my nose deep between those thighs
>>
>>39594377
High bar ATG is how olympic lifters do it, and they are way more awesome than shitty fat powerlifters
>>
>>39593672
who is this qtpa2t?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.