[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starving and metabolic adjustment. how much of it is a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Stroopwafels_01.jpg (1MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Stroopwafels_01.jpg
1MB, 2500x2500px
starving and metabolic adjustment. how much of it is a meme?

i have been eating very little (basically enough meat protein plus some veggies) and losing weight for 4-5 weeks now.

Will this weight loss get less and less until i barely lose anything, even though i eat very little?

basically when does the starving yourself meme actually come into play?

also no
>you will break/cheat/suddenly eat a lot.
i have discipline to not do that so i can just keep eating 1k cals for another month or 2, or longer .
>>
>>39592963
>will this weight loss get less and less until I barely lose anything, even though I eat very little?

Yes
>>
It happened to me before. Your thyroid just slows down to a crawl and you'll feel cold all the time.

Once you get to that point carb cycling is the way to go.
>>
>>39593044
how often do you need to carb cycle?
how many do you need to consume?

can you get your thyroid to activate with just one shot of carb loading ?
>>
>>39593053
I just went by "The Ultimate Diet 2.0" by Lyle McDonald.

Basically eat like you're eating during the week, then carb and lift heavy during the weekends.

I'm not sure about how long to get the thyroid going again.
>>
>>39593082
so why do people lose so much weight on keto
>>
>>39592963
if you starve yourself and eat nothing but protein, your body will get very good at metabolizing protein.

Your body will get very good at eating up muscle for energy.
>>
>>39593179
Sources ? i am honestly curious.
>>
>>39593165
because its such a drastic change to eating that most people are very good at tracking what they eat

most of the weight loss can be attributed to calorie counting/attention to food intake

also, carbs are good for bouts of intense energy, like running a couple miles or riding a bike up a bunch of hills for an hour or two

peoples bodies are supposed to use fat for energy when not doing intense activity like this because so many people eat so many carbs that portion of metabolism that likes using fat becomes extremely underdeveloped

when you do keto its like hardcore training for the portion of metabolism that likes using lipids and it boosts mitochondrial production
>>
>>39593179
and psmf?
>>
>>39592963

Do you live in Holland? The only place I've ever seen those delicious waffle cookie things is Holland.
>>
>>39593249
thats because its the only place that has the good kind .

just like poffertjes
>>
>>39593200

No sources on that nonsense

High protein diet is actually the most muscle sparring, which is why you eat more protein on cut than bulk

He is trolling
>>
>>39593361
this
>>39593234
>>
>>39592963

It takes a very very long and repeated cycles of retarded shit (eating at half calories maintenance + tons of cardio for contest preps) for metabolic adaptation to happen.

Some fat shit like you who went on a diet for the first time of his life to lose some weight isn't going to suffer from it, you're simply lowering your TDEE cause you are losing weight.

Unless you're doing 2-4+ bodybuilding contests a year or lose 200+ lbs "biggest loser" style crash dieting, you aren't suffering from metabolic adaptation, just being a bitch.
>>
>>39592963
Here's the thing op
I did cut and I believe you have the will power to actually not eat till you're goal weight but it will have side effects

I had 200 to 300 cals a day and sometimes I'd literally eat nothing at all and I was completely fine with not eating, I ended up with hives on my chest cause my body couldn't protect itself from whatever (I did take supplements daily btw)

I lost a lot of weight but Ofc I stopped after the rash, I gained 3kgs in one day and I didn't even eat a lot now I eat not more than 900 cals a day (I'm a small female) and losing weight. About four kgs in one month but my health is fine. Hives gone too. I eat things I normally eat when not cutting but in smaller portions and it's starting not to feel like cutting, I'm not miserable anymore, no mood swings. I have small chocolate everyday. It's better like this, please stop what you're doing, you're wasting your time being miserable
>>
>>39593516
i didnt eat for 2 weeks when i was 21. plus 2 more weeks of veggies and i went from 85 to 71.

a year ago and 3 months ago i lost 10 kg.

now i have been eating and average of 1200 cals a day for 4-5 weeks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.