[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some things I can add to my daily routine(or every other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: aTe4LLyT4.jpg (17KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
aTe4LLyT4.jpg
17KB, 266x400px
What are some things I can add to my daily routine(or every other day etc if its something too demanding) that can help me speed up my fitness levels? The only thing I can think of right now is meditating.
>>
>>39583131
Sauna if you have access to one, it increases igf-1, igf-1 being how a lot of the effects of HGH are mediated. It improves cardio, releases HSPs etc, makes you better heat adapted so you'll cope with hot weather better and cardio better etc

Ice baths reduce inflammation, can speed up recovery, but can reduce gains if done immediately after a workout. If done about an hour before bed you'll sleep a lot better too. For best sleep I do cardio directly before sauna, and aim to finish in sauna four hours before bed

Yoga, good for flexibility and mobility.
Foam rolling, helps me with muscle recovery, helps with flexibility.

If you restrict your eating period, you'll make better gains too. An 8 hour eating period will help increase muscle mass, and try to do it first thing in the day (I eat at 0400, and don't eat or drink anything other than water after 1200). Even a 12 hour period has cardiovascular and health benefits
>>
>>39583199
>Sauna if you have access to one
I don't but my bathroom is extremely small and if I crank up the heat to the max it gets extremely steamy and hot so maybe it can have some healthy effect on me if I do it and for how long?
>but can reduce gains if done immediately after a workout
Are you sure it reduces them only then?
>If you restrict your eating period, you'll make better gains too
Yeah I already do IF 18-20hours and its really great and am thinking of adding at least 1 full day fast a week, what do you think? Also if you know anything else feel free to post it.
>>
Dbol
>>
>>39583131
Have you tried lifting?
>>
tabatta
>>
>>39583333
>Have you tried lifting
Obviously and I want to add other things that can aid it.
>>
>>39583292
Bathroom thing could work, but might be a lot more hassle than the results are worth. Results are dose dependent, longer (obviously not to an unhealthy extent) is better, but long term health benefits are measurable at about 20 minutes three times per week in sauna.

Ice baths: the only studies I've seen so far on the relationship between cold therapy and muscle hypertrophy are when the ice baths were implemented directly after strength and hypertrophy training, so I'm not certain, but, weight training is hormetic, the results (muscle growth) come from a response to the stress(muscle fibre tears etc), the stress itself isn't the beneficial part. Ice baths, reduce inflammation etc, which would reduce the stress that muscle growth is a response to. If you do ice baths long after your workout you're not undoing or negating the stress. That's what I'd assume, anyway. I personally only do ice baths on my non lifting days, so straight after boxing and muay Thai, so that my face isn't looking as bad and so I'm less sore from it
>>
>>39583292
If IF works for you, that's great, but it could be even more beneficial if instead of IF where you eat at the end of the day and the start of the day, you ate only at the start. Your hormones change depending on the time of day, and so does the functionality of certain organs. Later in our circadian rhythm cycle, when we're winding down for bed, we ought not really be still eating. I can post a link to a really accessible podcast that explains a lot of this stuff really simply, if you'd be interested in that?
>>
>>39583484
I usually skipped breakfast and had only lunch and dinner (which was as early as 4-5pm) and recently started to eat breakfast and lunch while skipping dinner because its supposed to be a way better.
>if you'd be interested in that?
Of course.
>>
>>39584897
>>
>>39583131
Prehab and rehab are the most important things you can do outside of gym and diet. Foam rolling, self massage (or just massages if you have some extra dough), yoga, stretching, icing or cold bath following your workouts, PT exercises, etc. These things will speed your recovery time and reduce your chances of injury, which are both huge limiting factors to fitness.
Apart from that, if you find yourself with some extra time and energy to burn, you can always just do some quick conditioning. Burpees, sprints, biking, just a quick 10 or 20 minutes of HIIT to get the blood pumping.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.