[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TLDR What would be the best way for someone who has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: squat-reuse.png (55KB, 1526x900px) Image search: [Google]
squat-reuse.png
55KB, 1526x900px
>TLDR
What would be the best way for someone who has been lifting for 6+ years to re-learn how to squat?

>FULL STORY
I'm getting pretty bad lower back pain and squatting is starting to feel much harder than it use to, I feel I may have fucked up my form in the last few years, which has caused me issues.

In my last session I literally had to stop squatting after 3 working sets because I could barely fucking stand. Something definitely has gone wrong with my form, causing me serious issues.

That said, I am 100% ready and willing to put my ego aside and re-learn how to squat from the bar again. What's the best way to approach this?
>>
Start with an empty bar, and add 5 pounds to it every week.
>>
>>39582157
Start with 5 pounds, and add an empty bar to it every week.
>>
I have a power rack at home, 10 x 20kg plates at home (including a variety of other sizes of course), oly-shoes, and a lever belt.

Should I drop the belt?

Should I drop the oly-shoes?

I have the perfect set-up at home to re-learn the squat and start over again.

I want to be able to hit a 5 plate squat at home without having any back issues.
>>
Video yourself, review what you are doing wrong and change it...
>>
>>39582157
>In my last session I literally had to stop squatting after 3 working sets because I could barely fucking stand.

so you had lower back pain and still decided to do 3 sets before the pain became too much? wew

you are the type of person that makes "squat/deadlift fucked up my back, don't do them" posts here

as for your question, you fix your form in the same way you learned it when you started squatting. start with empty bar and slowly progress
>>
>>39582183
I'm not sure. I feel as if I hit a wall, and by trying to push over the wall, I lost all concept of form.

Now I forgot how my original form was.

I hit 160kg squats after 4 years or so for reps, without belt and without oly shoes. Then I added in the belt + oly shoes and I think thats what fucked me over the last 2 years. I was able to hit reach 200kg+ squat with the help of shoes and belt, but I feel its destroyed my form some how.

I can't even squat 140kg now with barefoot and beltless like I once could 3+ years ago.

This is fucking retarded.

I REALLY need to start again from 0.
>>
>>39582157
Read the squat chapter of SS.
>>
>>39582204
Dude just post a video of your form already. It's infinitely easier than troubleshooting through a thousand posts.
>>
>>39582157
>wants help with form
>doesn't post video

Come on man, even my mother knows how to make a webm. Apply yourself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.