[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Usain bolt's BMI puts him in the overweight category. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bolt.jpg (28KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
bolt.jpg
28KB, 490x276px
Usain bolt's BMI puts him in the overweight category. If the BMI calculation puts the greatest sprinter alive in the unhealthy category then it's bullshit.

TLDR: BMI is only applicable for the skinnyfat masses.
>>
File: 1480484044449.gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
1480484044449.gif
1007KB, 273x429px
>>39579824
>TLDR: BMI is only applicable for the skinnyfat masses.

no shit welcome to the current year, fucko
>>
BMI is fine for the majority of people. It's easy to believe a world renowned athlete might be an exception.
>>
my faggot doc said everyone bmi should be the same. fucking dumb pajeet
>>
Yeah, I'm 6'4" and apparently 206 lbs is overweight for me on the BMI scale
>>
>It doesn't apply to a literal world class athlete
>Therefore it's bullshit

You're a dumb fag OP, and probably a chubster trying to justify his gross weight by assuming the same things that apply to an olympic athlete with visible abs apply to himself.

It works just fine at judging the healthiness of the weight of the overwhelming majority of people. If it's obsolete for you, you're working hard and care enough to actually measure bf% anyway, so you're obviously not in the target demo for a shortcut measure like BMI.
>>
>>39579871
Get a doctor that doesnt have the dumbs
>>
>>39579824
most of the population bmi is inaccurate for is off the other end of the scale.

use bodyfat if there's any doubt about bmi effectiveness.

tfw eyes are more accurate than the scale
>>
>>39579824
>TLDR: BMI is only applicable for the skinnyfat masses.

In other words: BMI is useful for its intended application.
>>
>>39579824
>>39580018
Skinnyfats are actually it's major weakness. It classes them as "normal" despite having a high body fat %. The number of jacked dudes walking around with a 30+ BMI is really low. Hell, most natty lifters aren't gonna get too far past 25 without getting chubby. But there are loads and loads of skinnyfats that sneak by undetected.
>>
>>39580075
>Past 25 without being chubby.
If you consider 5% bodyfat chubby, skelator.
>>
>>39580195
If your abs are barely defined or worse you are chubby, perma-bulker.
>>
everybody knows BMI doesn't take into account muscle but most people don't have enough muscle to have that make a difference
>>
>>39579909
Post pics fatty. You won't.
>>
>>39579824
He has such a weird body
>>
>>39580806
his abdomen looks like that because he has long legs
>>
>>39579824
>a freak of nature doesn't have a typical body
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, CALL THE PRESS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.