[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question for dyels, beginners and brehs who made it but started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

File: 328908704.jpg (93KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
328908704.jpg
93KB, 960x960px
A question for dyels, beginners and brehs who made it but started from the bottom: How do you deal psychologically with women bigger than you or who lift more than you in the gym?

They say leave your ego at the door, don't compare yourself to others, get in the zone and do what you came here for. But I find it hard to concentrate when the girl next bench pushes twice as much as me with ease when I have trouble finishing my last set.

Share your stories and advice.
>>
Stop being a whiny bitch and just do your workout.
>>
>>39575993
I find them hot.
>>
Im 1.80cm 60kg. I dont care, i fuck grills is all.
>>
>>39575993
Unless you have never excercised a day in your life girls should not be lifting more than uou
>>
>>39575993
>But I find it hard to concentrate when the girl next bench pushes twice as much as me with ease when I have trouble finishing my last set

i dont know this feel.
>>
>>39575993
You just man up and admit you're a weak piece of shit I was laughed at by Highschool kids for only benching the bar stuck with it 2 years later 125 kg with pause 137 without at 86 kg bw.
>>
>>39575993
tfw Sophie has higher test levels than you
>>
>>39576002
Sound advice but it's hard because I get laughed at a lot and it really demotivating.

>>39576057
>Unless you have never excercised a day in your life
I hadn't until three months ago.

>>39576085
I'm jelly.

>>39576106
I'm trying as hard as I can. I used to skip days when I knew certain people would be around, now I don't
>>
File: wojak.png (41KB, 189x185px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
41KB, 189x185px
>tfw 6'1 230 lbs
>never seen women bigger/stronger than me
all i want is good unescapable reacharounds lads
>>
>>39577095
>6'1 230 lbs
>complaining about anything ever
>>
>>39577408
but the reacharounds
>>
>>39577427

sounds kinda nice 2bh
>>
>>39575993

I just kept to myself, put some headphones on. To be honest even when I started there weren't really any women lifting more than me except squats. Just keep with it and you should be fine. If its really bad go at a quiet time of day.
>>
>>39577427
It could be worse. I'm a 5'6 240lbs lardass, people make fun of me in my face and women lift more than me.
>>
>>39575993
Just try being a secure person?

Or maybe try being not pathetically weak? 99% of girls can't lift shit.

Of course this is /fit/ so both are unreasonable.
>>
>>39577427
What is a reacharound?
>>
>>39577509

where you are doggystyle and reach around to rub her clit
>>
>>39577509
Nevermind, found it, something lewd.
>>
>>39577471
I've been forcing myself to go when the gym is packed to get over my fear, but it's no fun at all when even the front desk girl makes fun of you.

>>39577496
I'm trying breh but it's not easy. You don't know how emasculating it is to be outlifted by a cute girl while looking like this >>39577478 I pray every day before I enter the gym.
>>
>>39576057
This

I see women that go to the gym regularly who squat babby tier weight
>>
File: Screenshot_20161202-150537.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161202-150537.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>39576057
I don't think that's completely true
185 bench for reps
275 squat for reps
>>
Literally who gives a shit
>>
>>39577626
Fuck this is depressing, my 1RM is 125. Is she natty?
>>
>>39577636
It's difficult not to care when they openly make fun of you.
>>
>>39575993
As someone who is in your position, just don't give a fuck. That woman that lifts more than you had been at it longer than you have. She has the dedication to go the gym and get her reps in. Be like that.

As for the people snickering and laughing at you, they are less than garbage. You're there for one reason, to get stronger or whatever your reason is for going. Pay no attention to the peanut gallery.
>>
>>39577567
>front desk girl is making fun of you
m8 unless you go to an absolute shit gym this is 100% all in your head. more than likely you are so self-loathing and insecure that you project all your hatred for yourself onto others as well. fucking get over yourself and get huge cmon
>>
>>39577682
>>39577699
Thank you brehs, I'm doing my best. But that front desk girl thing wasn't in my head. The other day I heard her say 'watch him struggle with 1pl8' to one of the dudebro trainers and they both laughed.

But I am committed. I hate the way I look and feel and I have to change it.
>>
>>39577751
go to a different gym brah, you don't need to be in that kind of environment
>>
>>39577751
Complain to the manager dude. That's totally unacceptable. I fucking hate fat people and people that are too lazy to take proper care of themselves and foist health care costs onto the rest of the community, but the second someone steps into the gym and tries to make something of themselves, that all goes away and I want nothing but the best for them.

Fuck them, keep doing your thing anon. We're all going to make it.
>>
>>39577751
Anyone worth their weight wouldn't dare to mock you like that. Use that as fuel. Prove them wrong. Fuck em.
>>
File: rich piana.jpg (192KB, 718x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rich piana.jpg
192KB, 718x1200px
>>39577653
She's the nattiest of the natty.
>>
>>39576027
60kg skelly confirmed
>>
>>39577936
>never going to have back abs
why live?
>>
File: 0b09J4d.jpg (134KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
0b09J4d.jpg
134KB, 1080x1349px
>>39577885
Next gym closest to me is 15 miles away and I'm just getting used to this one. I don't think I can go through being the new guy at another gym again. At least not until I'm relatively fit.

>>39577905
>>39577907
Thanks a lot guys, that's inspiring. I won't make it harder for me by complaining to the manager but I'm definitely not giving up.

>>39577936
Fuark she's huge but she's got the face of a model. My penis is confused and I'm a little scared. Good for her, she must be very disciplined to get this big without drugs. I wish I can look like that some day.
>>
>>39577626
That is not an impressive weight.

Especially considering the elbow things and wrist straps, I'd be surprised if she could lift that raw.

She's decently strong, especially considering she's a girl but these are just barely above babby weight for men.
>>
>>39578087
That's honestly heartbreaking to hear, that people are like that. Good on you for wanting to improve yourself, welcome to the family. You must be in an especially shitty gym, almost all others aren't like that.
That being said, I can't imagine a better motivation than the "look at me now" feeling you will have in a few years of dedication and hard work.
Work hard, be persistent and eat/sleep enough and grow big and strong, and always treat beginners better than those people treat you.
Work until your idols become your rivals.
>>
>>39577751
I'll take things that didn't happen for 1000 Alex.
>>
>>39577626
That's top 0.1% for women. Most gyms don't have chicks like her
>>
>>39578303
Thanks man. To be fair it was a bad choice of gym but it was closest to my place. I knew what I was getting into, it has that 'iron cave' vibe and a lot of hardcore people but in a modern douche way, not like what I imagine gyms where like in Arnie's days. The guy who owns it has a mohawk and a 'fuck average' tattoo on his neck.

>>39578308
Anon I'm fat but I'm not imagining things. And that was the most recent example. The same girl asked me if I'm 'sure about this, honey?' the day I signed up and the regulars have been picking on me since then.
>>
>>39578429
things like that don't happen in real life buddy. have been lifting for almost a decade now and have been to a lot of commercial gyms so i know what i'm talking about pal
>>
I used them as inspiration. Leave your ego at the door bro.
>>
>>39578444
I don't doubt your knowledge but you don't know what I've been through.
>>
>>39578463
I'll try.
>>
>>39578479
hey i'm sorry if it's true, but i just find something like that hard to believe, all the gyms i been to, everyone is friendly and minds their own business, of course it's a little bit different in smaller more local gyms where people greet you and are much more friendlier than commercial gyms, but all the same
>>
>>39577095
>unescapable
kek
>>
>>39578429
Just keep grinding man. Where are you starting at? What are you doing for food/workout?
>>
>>39577653
>not having your 1RM be your bodyweight
>thinking you'll make it
kek
>>
Just don't pay attention. Blast some music and focus on what you're doing. Don't worry about the girls or even other guys that have been going at it for some time. You know you can only go up. Stay consistent and the regulars will even see you've progressed. Just keep your vision on what you'll be lifting next week, next month, next year

Honestly if you keep to yourself and don't trouble other people I'm not sure why people would openly make fun of you. If anything they would just keep it to themselves. Everyone knows people are there to get better. Quitting is the worst you can do

I've been alone and when struggling on my last rep people would come spot me and even push me to go more since theyll catch it if I fail. This was when I was doing 145
>>
>>39578549
That's the worst part, it's a small local gym and everyone knows everyone. There are almost no other dyels apart from me. There are a few fat guys but they're really strong. It doesn't have old people or yoga classes and things like that. It actually is 3hardcore5me but I'm not driving 15 miles every other day to go to the other one.

>>39578562
That's the plan. I'm 5'6 240lbs, I quit junk food and sodas and stuff like that and I'm eating 500 under TDEE. I've been there for three months and I can't say I know anything about lifting yet, so I'm using the cookie cutter routine they gave me. A little of everything and mostly machines. I try to keep good form and raise the weight every two weeks or so.

>>39578595
Thanks man, I'm trying. I think they're like that because I haven't proven myself yet. It's a small circle and I bet they expect me to quit any day now. But I do have goals and I'm not leaving until I achieve them.
>>
>>39578641
I was 215 at 5'5, shitty place to be senpai. I'd recommend switching to a strength routine (Starting strength, Ice cream fitness, or Greyskull lp are all solid) or else your going to come out of it weak as hell. Machines are fine for accessories, but you don't want to build a base with them. Figure out your compounds and focus on those.

Are you doing cardio? Walking, biking or swimming is good until you get your weight down and don't fuck your joints with running. HIIT is also great

I'm assuming you've read the sticky?
>>
>>39578774
I have read the sticky and I want to do SS but I don't think I'm ready yet. My doctor did tell me to swim because running would mess up my joints at this weight so I'm doing that. I know machines are crap and I improvise every now and then going off routine in the weight room but I'm still really weak.
>>
>>39578847
If you want strength then get on a barbell strength program. Starting strength is literally designed for beginners senpai, don't worry about the not ready stuff. Don't make my mistake and not do real lifting, you'll lose the weight but you won't have any strength when your done. Use those noob gains and put on some easy muscle while you can
>>
>>39575993
Find a normal gym where all the girls are cardio bunnies.
>>
>>39575993
There's this one girl at my gym who's bigger than me and keeps trying to tell me what to do. It gets so bad I sometimes throw a tantrum and just lie on the floor kicking and screaming.

>it's my mom
>homegym masterrace
>>
>>39578847
I did grey skull for 3 months and I got to these stats yesterday. switch routines too. REDDIT PPL

140 lbs Bench
225 Deadlift
Squat 250
just started ohp today so 60

Just keep at it. when I came to the gym I couldn't do 50 lbs on bench without a spot. Now I can do a plate for 3x8
>>
>>39578863
>>39578887
Thanks brehs, this helps. I'm just scared I'll fuck up in the weight room somehow. Last thing I want is to load a bar the wrong way and have it launch itself to the other side of the gym or injure someone because of my inexperience. But you're right. I'll tell one of the supervisors what I want to do and ask him to show me he ropes. Should I try SS for a few months and then maybe switch to Greyskull?
>>
File: PGSLPV.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
PGSLPV.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>39579046
Either or, I did and enjoyed greyskull myself (pic related). For the not wanting to look foolish:
1: don't load on too much weight. Your in no place to show off, learn to do it properly with low weight and you'll be able to move the big stuff eventually
2:learn proper form. Watch videos, ask pts, all of that. It will prevent you from fucking yourself up, as well as allow you to actually get stronger

For the not launching weight thing, always deload one plate (45lb or 20kg) at a time, 2 on one side will typically cause a flip.

Any other questions or concerns?
>>
>>39579117
Thanks a million man, this is really good. I was expecting trolling but I got inspiration and a lot of great tips. My only other concern is when to increase the weight and by how much. Until now, I've been trying to raise the weight every two weeks or so by 5 lbs but sometimes I can't even manage that. How do you know when to do it?
>>
>>39575993
Who wants to fuck dykes anyways op? If you're naturally salty just keep adding on the salt til you preserve your apparently easily perishable self confidence.
>>
File: aDomY8O_700b.jpg (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
aDomY8O_700b.jpg
57KB, 700x700px
>>39577653
> 125
> I'm a woman and I'm lifting that!

> this thread is making me feel really good about myself
> one day I'll be as big as Sophie
>>
>>39579291
Not making me feel any better but good for you femanon. I hope you achieve your goals.
>>
>>39579334
Thanks, you too! I've been lifting probably a lot longer than you. You're lucky, you naturally produce plenty of testosterone, you'll make a lot of gains really quickly if you keep at it and get enough protein.
>>
I have literally never seen a woman bigger than me, and I am just barely out of dyel mode.

Most women don't lift. For a woman to be bigger than me she has do be taking roids, which not many women do.

It wouldn't make me feel bad at all because I look normal and healthy while people would think the girls is a disgusting freak.
>>
>>39579380
I hope you're right because so far it's been horrible for me. No offense but being outlifted by women makes me feel like shit.
>>
5'11 120lbs holocaust survivor here
stop being a faggot, they want you to quit
they want to see what you are made of
they want to mock you , they want to see if you deserver their recognition, dont give a fuck abot them and only about the iron
dont quit and keep letting them watch you struggle with 1pl8 cuz one day they are gonna praise you when they see you break 4pl8 faggot

Use this as a learning experience, expose yourself to the pain and endure it, let it break you or let it make you. what do u think? that when you get /fit/ and make it no one is going to laught at you? no faggot people will want to start even more shit. so its best to be at your fucking best
>>
>>39579432
Thanks man, I needed this.
>>
>>39579185
I'd do one rotation, increase weight, and then another rotation at the increased weight etc. So 1x2x3, increase, and then 1x2x3 with that weight etc.
>>
>>39579424
It shouldn't make you feel bad. We're all humans trying to make progress!
>>
>>39579470
Thank you. I'll try to put all of this to good use.

>>39579511
That's motivating, thanks. It just feels weird and people do make fun of me which doesn't help. I'll be consistent and do my best.
>>
>>39579291
M I N N E S O T A
I
N
N
E
S
O
T
A
>>
6 month dyel here (skinnyfat.)

I go with a friend who has been going to the gym for years and was embrassed when she could bench around 25% more my 5 rep max. Fast forward 5 months and I've doubled over her max and still progressing.

Testerone is one hell of a hormone.
>>
>>39576027
>1.80cm
when will they learn
>>
>>39577626
>the spotter basically groping her

lol
>>
>>39579562
No, but I do think Minnesota accents are hilarious.
>>
Comparing yourself to other people in the gym is literally for fucking losers

anyways the only thing girls do in the gym is squat 45 pounds for 10000 reps
>>
>>39579617
Man I wish I started skinnyfat. I have to shed a lot of lard before I can build muscle.

>>39579768
I'm working on being less of a loser.
>>
>>39579735
that's her husband
>>
>>39577936
Baki?
>>
>>39577626
I always trip out when I see 45 lb plates.
Why do you have such big numbers over there.
>>
>>39578429
I really want to see you succeed bro. Fuck those people.
Fucking grownup bullies.
Just keep grinding, keeping an eye on your progress and looking for ways to improve.
>>
>>39575993
Stop being such an insecure faggot, you'll get there eventually but for now go and suck their cocks
>>
>>39578847
This guy>>39578774 is bang on the money. I've made so much progress since I stopped doing the small lifts.
Only dumb one I'm doing now ontop of ss is bicep curls.
Thing about machines is they isolate the muscles, so if you were to leg press you dont get to build your core with heavy weights like you would with squats or deadlifts. On the machine you only get the legs.
>>
>>39579185
The other guy has more knowledge than me but if you try this app it puts you on a frustratingly low start so you get the form right. Just have to stick with it for a few weeks then it starts climbing nicely.
Apps called Stronglifts 5x5, pic related is the logo.
I like it because it times your rests and graphs progress and shit.

In terms of safety, deload the the weights alternating each side, on the last one, when you take off the second to last weight try pulling the bar closer to you so that leverage holds the bar in place. Squats are safe as in a power cage, just double check everything is at the right height for you. If you don't have safety rails on bench press then leave the clips off so you can slide the weights off if you cant lift it, and keep it over your chest not your throat. Start light, learn your limits.

Good luck and fuck those cunts.
Keep lurking on /fit sometimes there is actually some useful info between the shit posts and memes.
>>
>>39579825
Na your looking at it wrong. You already done the bulk, you just have to chisel away the fat right and you have muscles.
Fat people are always stronger than skinny.
>>
>>39575993
>How do you deal psychologically with women bigger than you
GET AN ERECTION
>>
>>39575993

Well, if she used Male hormones to do it, then its not like the rule of being "beat by a girl" still applies.

The implication is that you ought to be stronger than her, BUT that is in normal conditions. Normally YOU are the one with more testosterone and therefor you gain muscle and strength at a profoundly larger margin.

If she is using Androgens, roiding, then that rule no longer applies.

If she doesn't insist on her men being stronger than her, then chances are she will be great in bed.

Female BBrs are like that, very horny, profoundly higher sex drive, completely off the charts comepared to most most women, heck even men.

They aren't generally great bets for long term relationships, and also like men they are much cooler with just sex and hanging out. - although they do tend to have busy lifestyles and be constantly doing shit, so not ideal if you want a girl who is lazy and just wants to be your cuddle and fuck toy while your watching shit or video gaming. BBr women tend to like more active lifestyle stuff.
>>
>>39575993
you are no joke sexist if this bothers you.

90% of men will lift more than you, but you're having issues wrapping your head around the fact that 1% of females can outlift you?
>>
>>39575993
been going to the gym for 3 years and literally only seen a female use the benchpress ONCE
>>
>>39579291
V I A 9 G A G . C O M

I

A

G

A

G

C

O

M
>>
>>39581241
Leave.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.