[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ I've never browsed or posted on this board before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1479019190836.gif (1MB, 900x835px) Image search: [Google]
1479019190836.gif
1MB, 900x835px
hey /fit/ I've never browsed or posted on this board before but I need some help. I was a runner in high school and college so im pretty slim but I want to gain muscle now. The problem is, the closest gym I live to is 3 towns over which is about ~50 miles and I don't want to travel that far everyday to go there. So I want to make a sorta home gym. Money isn't really a problem but I'd like to not get anything overly expensive.
My question is, what equipment should I get and from what brand? Thanks
>>
Steroids and rocks.
>>
Squat rack with a bench. Make sure it also has a pull up bar. Maybe a chain so you can later on add weight to you pull-ups.
>>
a barbell with a variety of different weights

there, now you can do basically any exercise you want
>>
>>39575012
squat rack
bench
barbell
weights for barbell
some dumb bells

if you want you can try one of those "20 in 1" things with cable pulleys and such. I've heard the expensive ones are decent. but really all you need is the squat rack and weights.
>>
Alright thanks guys, I'll check them out. What brands do I get tho, I don't want some shitty cheap ones that'll break in a few months
>>
File: MultiGyms.jpg (27KB, 648x324px) Image search: [Google]
MultiGyms.jpg
27KB, 648x324px
>>39575060
to avoid misunderstanding these things don't replace the need for squat rack and a bench. but they can be nice in addition if you have too much money. most of their features are useless and better done with free weights but there are important exercises which are more comfortable with pulleys. theoretically anything can be done with free weights but some require odd positions to work around gravity. pulldowns, pushdowns, flies etc.

I personally wouldn't waste money on one unless I won the lottery or something but then again I wouldn't get a home gym in the first place when a proper squat rack costs as much as 10 years of gym membership
>>
>>39575079
it's pretty easy to judge the quality of a squat rack or bench. there are no moving parts. it's just how sturdy they are built. if it's weak enough to fall apart you can tell when you grab it and shake it. should be solid steel and not jiggle the slightest. look for one without unnecessary cuts and joints. one solid chuck of metal.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.