[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fairly new to deadlifts and I'm feeling it primarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Woll_Smoth_original.jpg (38KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Woll_Smoth_original.jpg
38KB, 300x400px
I'm fairly new to deadlifts and I'm feeling it primarily in my lower back. It doesn't hurt the way injuries do its just common muscle soreness you get when working a new muscle group.
Is this normal? I'm not in pain I just thought I'd feel it more in my legs than anything
>>
File: merchant1.png (225KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
merchant1.png
225KB, 800x764px
It's perfectly normal. Keep at it.
>>
your good bro that's just sore muscle brah keep at it man
>>
>>39570589
If you are fairly new to deadlifts, chances are you are executing the lift with your back and not engaging your hips/glutes enough.
Try incorporating pull throughs in your routine, to learn how to engage and fire your glutes. Deadlifts should also give you doms in the glutes when performed correct.
>>
>>39570596
>>39570613
Cool
>>39570624
So I should be thrusting my dick into the bar?
>>
>>39570589
Just keep adding more weight that should balance out your lower back to your legs
>>
>>39570665
Honestly I'm worried about fucking my back up. I'll add more weight when 185 lbs is too easy
>>
>>39570664
Yea you should be thrusting when the bar passes your knees. Don't complete the lift with your back, complete it by squeezing your glutes and thrusting forwards.
Pull throughs will teach you the movement, i would recommend doing sets of 3x15 every workout.
If you are worried about your pack, film yourself and upload it to a forum. I would personally choose a sub on reddit for that
>>
>>39570699
>diddlydoo'ing 185 lbs
>worried about fucking back up
>>
Im new to hyperextensions, is it normal that you feel the burn inside your lower back while doing this?
Never felt like this before when i do deadlifts, are hyperextensions more effective for lower back?
Even with low weight, like 1 plate, the burn was massive.
>>
>>39570589
If your back muscles are soar than that's good pain, if it's your skelly hurting(sharp intense pain) you done goofed
>>
>does lower back workout
>why is my lower back sore

Lolwtf
>>
>>39570589
The main muscle in a diddy is your erector spinae so that makes sense broheim.
>>
>>39570589

The deadlift is a lower back exercise that recruits other muscles such as the glutes and hamstrings.

Feeling sore is natural, feeling pain is not.

Before you lift the bar up, make sure you inhale enough air and brace your core. This will help in keeping your back straight and preventing you from visiting snap city.
>>
>>39572888
also flex your hips/legs and ass enough to get the weight moving in the initial phase. If you use your lower body properly your back will be in a lot better shape...
>>
>>39572888
Are you supposed to hold your breath when doing deadlifts?
>>
>>39573386
You're supposed to hold your breath when doing any heavy lifting.
>>
the deadlift is primarily a hamstring exercise.

imagine pushing down on the floor with your feet. this should help you to engage the hamstrings more.
>>
>>39573760
>the deadlift is primarily a hamstring exercise.

"No"
>>
>>39573386

What >>39573411 said

You inhale and hold your breath in the negative portion, go through with the lift and exhale after you completed the lift.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.