[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I start working out. I've tried the spartan app

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: gyn.jpg (13KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
gyn.jpg
13KB, 274x184px
How can I start working out. I've tried the spartan app for beginners and I was out of breath in a minute and I'm trying to take it easy. Knowing I can't go long, I feel like giving up. But I can't for my health and I don't want to be fat. What are some workout plans that I can use to get started

>5'6
>195
>21 M
>>
>>39563333
Focus on your diet first and foremost, what you do in the kitchen will decide what happens with your weight, what you do in the gym will decide what happens with your gain. I'd recommend just researching, think of your end goal as far as body appearance/strength functionality, do you want to be a master of your own body, calisthenics? Just a general buff dude? Lean cuisine but with a little mean?
>>
Well I want to build muscle and get lean too.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>39563333
>>
>>39563587
Need to build a strength base before you can do a lot of exercises competently.

StrongLifts 5x5 + IIFYM
>>
>>39563333
Read the sticky. Idiot. You probably can't put forth the effort to read half of it.
>>
>>39563333
>I'm trying to take it easy
Well there's your problem. If you aren't drenched in sweat and feel like collapsing from exhaustion and pain you aren't working hard enough.
>>
>>39563609
Well, its good to be cautious about things though desu. I have ankle/knee problems because i tried to do things I shouldn't have been doing at my weight at the time, which now hinders my lifting at times. But regardless, I second this, you have to push your body for it to decide to change.
>>
>>39563333
there is no god, you have to shit, piss, eat food, drink water, breathe, you have to socialize or youll go insane, you have to move your body or youll feel like shit, life is hard and unfair and training is painful. theres no magic workout plan that will help you circumnavigate the pain of training. there is no fucking god, and you will fucking suffer
>>
>>39563609
Well I tried to just go hard but I ended up out of breath so I thought maybe I need to slow down, so I did, and then I still ended around the same time
>>
OP HERE

What I mean is I need like a starting point and tips on how and where to get started because no matter what I try I feel like I'm not getting past square one. I have an idea to do weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon because I can't go to the gym 4 days out of the week.
>>
>>39563628
If you're out of breath that means you're exercising your cardiovascular system. What you basically did was:

>Oh shit, I'm improving my heart health, better stop before I make too much of an effort

>>39563642
Nigga it's not that complicated. If you burn more calories than you eat, you'll lose weight. Cardio burns a lot of calories and improves your cardiovascular health. Weightlifting burns a lot of calories and makes you physically stronger.

Find out how much you need to restrict your eating to lose weight, spend a lot of time moving around and spend an hour 4-6 times a week lifting heavy objects.

Fuck.
>>
>>39563642
you dont know what you need. were telling you what you need to know and do.
>>
I really appreciate the tough love everybody. I just have one concern, but maybe it will go away when I lose weight. Have lower back problems and get shin splints. Ideas to i guess reduce it?
>>
>>39563681
get used to them until they go away

also READ STICKY READ STICKY
>>
>>39563689
/b/ wouldn't help sent me here.
>>
>>39563681
Fix your form and power through, faggot
>>
>>39563642
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
>>
>>39563642
Stronglifts is good for the absolute beginner since you basically start with empty bars and you'll be hundreds of reps in before it starts getting heavy. The main problem is that you'll most likely be self conscious as fuck flailing baby weights around for the first weeks. And the progress isn't optimal since when you start to stall there's very little corrective maneuvers to do and the program relies on you to push it through eventually, which can lead to some nasty shit because you're trying to progress faster than you should at some point.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.