[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a DYEL and I train for hypertrophy. My squats and deadlifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (104KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 500x748px
I'm a DYEL and I train for hypertrophy.

My squats and deadlifts progress fine, but I will soon begin to stall in OHP and bench.
Is it a good idea to just remove a bunch of weight from those lifts and gradually work up to the same weights as before, with the hopes of getting better technique etc?

Or is suicide the ONLY option?
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 427x474px
>>
File: Dr._Girlfriend.png (519KB, 835x764px) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Girlfriend.png
519KB, 835x764px
>>39560006
This is probably bait, but I'm hardcore procrastinating so I'll bite.

If you're new to lifting, then fuck hypertrophy. You want to do a strength-based routine until your lifts are decent. Once you've reached that point, you can do whatever curlbro beach muscles routine you want, but you gotta have a foundation before you can build a house, mmkay?

Second, don't predict that you're going to stall. It'll happen, but if you go into your workout with that mindset, then you have nothing to blame but yourself when you fail. Before your next workout, for my sake, repeat to yourself "This is light weight, I got this, I'm super fucking strong and this is some pussy shit I'm not ever worried". Its OK to do it in your head.

Finally, yes. It is acceptable to take off a bunch of weight. It's called "deloading". Generally what you want to do as a beginner is shave ~10% off of your lift and work your way back up. That's usually enough weight that you can lift with pretty good form but still exhort yourself.

Any other questions?
>>
File: Exit Bag.jpg (142KB, 1274x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Exit Bag.jpg
142KB, 1274x1001px
>>39560006

/r9k/ here

I know which option I'd pick
>>
>>39560006
>is suicide the ONLY option?

Its the only option that matters
>>
File: image_0.jpg (19KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
19KB, 400x267px
>>39560623
> falling for the foundation meme
>>
>>39560803
Man, we both know that "DYEL training for hypertrophy" means "doing to many reps with shit form". The foundation isn't based on strength as much as it is on knowing proper form and what your body can reasonably be expected to handle for long periods of time, both of which you happen to improve in more by doing a strength routine. I'm just trynna help the guy out
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.