[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you drink "diet" soda and still lose weight? Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1479532564127.jpg (66KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1479532564127.jpg
66KB, 633x758px
Can you drink "diet" soda and still lose weight? Not even bating, I read bunch of articles about how diet soda stunts weight loss. Is it true?
>>
File: 1456720465396.jpg (51KB, 960x852px) Image search: [Google]
1456720465396.jpg
51KB, 960x852px
>>39555221
>>
>>39555221
Yes. Any article bashing artificial sweeteners is probably funded by sugar corporations.

Artificial sweeteners are bad in high doses but the amount in diet soda is so fucking miniscule you would have to drink gallons to do any harm.
>>
>>39555221

>read a bunch of articles

I always wonder where you mooks read this shit and why you believe it

https://examine.com/nutrition/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
>>
>>39555221
You can consume nothing but diet soda and lose weight. Read the sticky but tldr; its more important to watch HOW MUCH much you eat/drink rather then WHAT when it comes to gaining/losing weight. Of course if you eat nothing but junk you'll be unhealthy, but you'll still lose weight if you dont eat too much
>>
>>39555221
The chemical that makes diet soda sweet is 50 times sweeter than regular sure, so when you want to eat something like ice cream you'll be eating a lot more.
>>
yes it does, well, coke is part of my died and just from stop drinking regular coke and jumping into coke zero, i lost about 4kg in two months, each 2L of coke are about 900 cal, when your body adapts to the 900 deficit, your weight loss will stale and you'll need to enter a real diet though
>>
>>39555221
Yes, OP. I lost 42 lbs in about 5 months and I was drinking 3 - 4 cans of Coke Zero on a daily basis. I don't drink it as much anymore, but that's only because I don't want my teeth to get even worse.
>>
Pepsi max is goat. I dont even like regular soda anymore. Dont trust the sugar-jews.
>>
>>39555221
Why do you even have the need to drink soda if you're trying to lose weight? Can't you just go on water or/and milk?
>>
>>39555221
Yes. I drink a liter of coke zero everyday and i've lost 10 kgs in two months just by leaving a deficit.
>>
File: 1478121086574.png (164KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
1478121086574.png
164KB, 659x525px
>>39557880
>tfw I was never retarded enough to drink my calories
>>
>>39555221

Yes, but it's just a mental crutch. Learn to drink water.

Artificial sweeteners can cause problems but weight gain isn't necessarily one of them.
>>
>>39555759

Doesnt that make you skinnyfat? Say if i just ate 1 pizza a day. Sire i would lose weight but wouldnt i be skinnfyfat
>>
>>39555237
>Calorie-free drinks 'make us hungrier so we crave sugar-laden snacks'
Scientists suspect artificial sweeteners interfere with our gut bacteria
>Team from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden studied 2,874 adults who completed a year-long diary about their drinks intake
>Those who had two sweetened drinks a day were 2.4 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3857536/That-Diet-Coke-won-t-stop-getting-diabetes-Two-glasses-calorie-free-drinks-day-doubles-risk.html

Not sure how true it is
>>
>>39558245
In case anyone wanted some actual quotations from the study.

>However, this study cannot prove that sweetened drinks alone have directly caused these conditions. Other unhealthy lifestyle factors like smoking and poor diet in general were also linked with the two forms of diabetes.

>Also, one of the hallmark symptoms of diabetes is increased thirst so it could be possible that in some cases the diabetes came first and was then followed by increased consumption of sweetened drinks.

>These uncertainties aside, the results broadly support our understanding of the risk factors for diabetes, which also apply to several other chronic diseases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2016-10-21-sweetened-drinks-including-diet-drinks-may-raise-diabetes-risk-/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.