[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just started madcow 5x5 Why so many rest days? Also Can I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
72KB, 300x300px
>Just started madcow 5x5
Why so many rest days?
Also Can I replace barbell rows with dumbell rows?
>>
File: 1472653743692.jpg (119KB, 352x385px) Image search: [Google]
1472653743692.jpg
119KB, 352x385px
why the fug u doing madcow if you're asking questions like this

or are you an ex-brosplitter
>>
>>39552375
Ive done stronglifts before and yes Im an ex-brosplitter please enlighten me I just wanna hit 3pl8s squat
>>
>>39552400
yeah 3 days is enough even at intermediate stage, follow the program. there's a spreadsheet for madcow floating around somewhere, it might be on the SL site
>>
File: baileyjay.jpg (71KB, 308x500px) Image search: [Google]
baileyjay.jpg
71KB, 308x500px
>>39552359
Dumbbell and barbell rows are both good, but do pullups too.
>>
>>39552485
wow. she's really cute
>>
File: 1456645578299.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
1456645578299.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>39552359
>[current year]
>still buying into the 3 day jew
maximum overkek. you're never gonna make it.
>>
>>39552400
Madcow kind of sucks IMO. Too low volume. I'd honestly add in a few accessories if you're really that into it. Or hop on 5/3/1 and do Boring But Big.
>>
>>39552653
yea im quiting this shit why is this even on the sticky
>>
>>39552417
>>39552555
is there any pubmed shit about this?

I'm genuinely curious which is more effective for strength gains
>>
>>39552719
Because it's an easy follow up on SS or SL. The entire point of Madcow is to have a program for intermediate lifters for whom it's non-productive to squat 5RM but who don't want to mix things up.

Basicly
>you like SL but can't make gains anylonger -> Madcow
>you've grown tired of "squat, push, pull" format -> try something else
>>
>>39552491
>she
>>
>>39552874
I'd suck her dick.
>>
>>39552359
if you're at a point where you're just starting out and you want to stick a routine, then stick to it until you outgrow it. don't try to change anything or outpace it or you'll just get discouraged.
>>
>>39552737

experience >> science when theres 9999 unaccountable variables

issues designing this study:

what constitutes an intermediate lifter? the ss definition is probably what youd want to go by, but few people are exactly at that point in their lifting career. going by arbitrary 5RM threshhold means someone closer to novice will show better gains regardless of program

how can you control for motivation? people that actually do a program and eat/sleep correctly to get results is rare. it's rare even on this autistic board to see impressive improvement : time ratio. it's 10x worse for normies. youd need a sample of thousands to start with to end up with a signficant sample of people that actually do everything correctly in order to have meaningful results to compare across different programs

when experiments cannot be designed correctly the second best thing you can do is find some autist thats been in the field for a million years and trust them instead (rippetoe)
>>
>>39552359
Your mums a madcow
>>
>>39552491
Anon... sit down... we need to talk
>>
>>39552954
I've always wondered how far I would be able to get with her. I'm thinking second base at most...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.