[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ - A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 13

/owg/ - A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>no blueshoes edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
http://pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
http://www.chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
http://www.iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
http://yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
>>
File: clarence.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
clarence.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>39544503
what is the power weekend?
>>
>>39544518

Klokov's mock meet. Handful of retired weightlifters come together and compete in non-standard events; front squat, clean and press, thruster, hang snatch, maybe some other stuff, I don't know. It's mostly Klokov self-promoting, and giving the finger to the RWF.
>>
>>39544543
Retired, aka disgraced lifters who got popped and will have to hand back their olympic medals.
>>
>>
my favorite natty american lifter
>>
>>39544606
>tfw clarence could have been a champion
>>
>>39544603

>Drugs are bad, m'kay

The human organism, such as it is, is simply incapable of lifting 225+kg overhead without supplementation. At the level these guys were playing, drugs were a necessary part of their regimen. It's how they recovered from the enormous stress they put their bodies through. They were just unlucky.
>>
>>39544705
>The human organism, such as it is, is simply incapable of lifting 225+kg overhead without supplementation
They wouldn't need to lift that much if it weren't for drugged athletes competing
>>
>>39544603
hardly disgraced
Lifters take what drugs they are told to take. The system failed them.
>>
>>39544722

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

But really, you were never going to be in the Olympics, please be real. You probably couldn't even place in a box comp.
>>
>>39544603
lol go back to snatching your 80 kg kiddo
>>
Just started lifting(Bench,squat,deadlift,power clean)

Everything is going well except for my power clean which fucking sucks. Is this normal, does it take a while to get the technique right?

I should be good at the power clean, I come from a sprinting background so I should be explosive. Any ideas?
>>
>>39544763
it takes some time to get the form down, so yes, it's normal. it's also good that you start early. don't worry about putting a lot of weight on the bar just yet. I found these videos helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEyoH5FV03s

They're about full cleans, but most of it is still applicable.

I'm not very athletic and I haven't had any coaching so I've never gotten the form down perfectly. However, I've just worked on it for a long time and it does get better, little by little. at this point I think it's decent.
>>
>>39544741
I never mentioned going to the Olympics myself, simply that if juiced lifters didn't compete there would be no reason to meet current standards
>>
>>39544809

And weightlifting would be a far less interesting sport to watch.
>>
Anybody here
L
O
N
D
O
N

?
>>
>>39544503
where is a link to steroid information
>>
>>39544828
That's a stupid argument. By the same logic weightlifting is not interesting now because lifters don't have even better drugs and total over 700 kg.
>>
>>39544722
>>39544741
I'm guessing you don't know any international lifters who have suffered because of drugs cheats
>>
File: LameRectangularAchillestang.webm (448KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LameRectangularAchillestang.webm
448KB, 640x480px
>trappy-chan makes owg
>its literally worse than ever
just a daily reminded than i'm the only thing keeping owg alive, and that trappy-chan is a jealous attention whore who is upset that i'm taking away her precious attention all over 4chan
>>
>>39544606
>>39544518
he's just perfect

>>39546484
>her
>>
Comp on Saturday. Aiming on 225. Snatches have been feeling amazing lately, hoping to get triple digits.
>>
>>39546122

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement. Please go back to school, and pay better attention.

>>39546444

How about you name one.
>>
>>39547119
Then your statement is incorrect fuck retarded

Why do people still watch weightlifting when people 20 yrs ago totaled more
>>
>>39547292
Btw I'm not against drugs cause I use them too

I'm against retards who think they know shit but can't even snatch 20kg lmao
>>
>>39547292

>people 20 yrs ago totaled more

Lasha Talakhadze, who took gold in the superheavyweight class these past games, went 273 total. The 1988 superheavyweight champion, Alexander Kurlovich, totaled 462.

If you're having trouble, 473>462
>>
>>39547409
>one weightclass decides everything

Good one

U r mentally retarded
>>
>>39544667

What are his best lifts?
>>
>>39546484
I'm definitely not a Brazilian shemale, but sure. It's definitely not some Canadian autist keeping owg alive, more people like comissar, durkz, and even that oly twink kid who can lift semi respectable weights, not some fat faggot like you.
>>
>>39544503

looking for this pdf

A Program of Multi - Year Training in Weightlifting, A.S. Medvedyev

Can anyone share pls
>>
>>39547499

It's one of the only classes that is the same for both games. The 56kg champion in 2016 also hit a higher total than his counterpart.

Feel free to go through and compare Sinclair scores between everyone. You'll find the newer crop matching or surpassing the older at almost every level.
>>
>>39547646
Taraneko still has the all time highest total, right?
>>
>>39547646
Sinclair is based on the current Olympic cycle of course it would match but you can't deny that they were lifting heavier
>>
>>39547623
I am here too don't forget me I'm stronger then all u fat fucks and weak retards
>>
Crossfit has infiltrated chinamen they had Greg glassman at one of the training centers in China and he had one athlete do a crossfit workout
>>
>>39547883
All those poor university aged lifters losing their gains to CrossFit.
>>
>>39547119
Name one? Literally every lifter who had funding cut for not placing high enough could've potentially suffered. I suck at lifting but at the gym I train at there's several international lifters and they could potentially miss out on four years worth of funding because of someone cheating
>>
>>39547646
Sinclair isnt relevant retrospectively
>>
I'm going to Takano Weightlifting in LA later tonight. Anyone been there before?
>>
>>39544620
Didn't he died?
>>
>>39548239

But they're taking drugs, too??????
>>
>>39549262
No. Plenty of b and c group lifters are clean
>>
>>39548493

Caladan has. Page him.
>>
>>39549270

Seems like they're content with relative mediocrity, then. They should be so lucky to get paid for their favorite hobby.
>>
>>39549289
You're a fucking retard who doesn't know shit about this sport except what you see on reddit
>>
>>39549353
No you are the fucking retard, I've trained with a lot of b level lifters and none of them are as delusional as you and your friends who think they should be paid for not doing what it takes to get that medal

That's all anyone cares about except for weak bitches who think you gotta be clean for it to count lmao
>>
>>39547623
commie barely posts and he's beened banned for the last month or so

durkz posts youtube links every once and a while and nobody even replies

ive seen oly boi post like 3 times all month

just face it. blueshoes gets more replies in a month than you have in your entire life posting here, and he keeps this place interesting and alive, even if it brings down the quality of the place a bit, he gets more people with actual qaulity content posting.
>>
@commisar

How much did your gym cost in total?
>>
>>39549851
50 pesos
>>
>>39549536
You don't know shit you faggot you've probably lifted with b group AO lifters you don't even lift so how can you know shit about b group Olympic team members

Stupid faggot
>>
>>39550058
my friends r stronger then urs lol

and im stronger then all u combined u dont no me :DD
>>
>>39549798
Great, /owg/ has turned into a place where the rest of /fit/ can laugh at a retard. awesome. I'm definitely not jealous of that.
>>
>>39550261
even if /owg/ turned into a blueshoes cesspool, it will never be as laughable as the rest of /fit/

trappy please go and stay go.
>>
>>39550423
Anybody who thinks blueshoes is ruining /owg/ is trappy? lmao. I hated trappy as well, a tranny with no lifting experience aside from watching Klokov YouTube videos shouldn't be giving out advice on the technicalities of weightlifting. Likewise, I don't like seeing retards attempt to lift weights and upload pictures of their assholes to /owg/.
>>
>>39548493

ye nice facility but a lot of the lifters there are pretty crap

Bob is a good guy though
>>
what are deliuge best lifts?
>>
File: 4chan photographer.gif (2MB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
4chan photographer.gif
2MB, 350x261px
Not exactly related to the thread, but you faggots are the only ones on /fit/ who actually lift.

I'm tired of doing basic 3x5 work (currently doing GSLP). In addition, I do a lot of sandbag and kettlebell conditioning, calisthenics, as well as a lot of running. The past month or so my body has just felt rough, even after I took one deload week, came back feeling still like shit, then took another week off entirely.
I want to keep lifting to increase my overall max strength, but running and the conditioning are priorities for me.

So my question is, instead of doing standard 3x5 work, can I just kinda wing it from workout to workout by continuously adding weight to the bar until I get up to a comfortably heavy set of 2,3, or 5 reps?
I think that would take care of my "intensity" work and still leave my body with enough fuel for the conditioning/"volume" work. Or is this an inefficient method of training?

Don't know if it matters, but I'm essentially still a novice lifter. Started off on SS a few couple years ago, ended up hurting my knee at 285x3x5 squat. Quit lifting for a while, got into calisthenics and running, started a manual labor job. Haven't been serious about lifting for close to 2 years now, trying to get back into it.
Worked up to a 225x3 squat today.
>>
File: russianqt.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
russianqt.webm
3MB, 640x640px
russia has a qt. too bad she won't be qt for very long if she keeps lifting for russia
>>
>>39551379

autoregulation is kinda dumb for beginner lifters because you don't know your limits and are still kinda weak

I would suggest maybe something more like 5/3/1 which is easy enough and you can chop and change assistance lifts to do as much volume as you want. There's even a bare bones variation where you just do the primary lift and go home, which might be ok if calisthenics takes care of the bodybuilding (e.g. upper back and triceps)
>>
>>39544808
holy mother of lordosis at the guy in the back
>>
>>39552073
m..mmoar?
>>
>>39547591
185 kg snatch
220 kg clean and jerk
>>
>>39554232
>>39552073
https://www.instagram.com/marsnes/
damn..
>>
>>39554282
Is she natural?
>>
>>39550102
You wish
>>
Is the 'yoga for weightlifters' youtube video decent? I stretch and do some loaded work (stretches and positions with bar etc) but could do with a set routine for home a couple times a week to help open me up from training and work

Don't really wanna pay for rom wod doesn't look worth it desu

Thx
>>
>>39555645
i've done it a few times, and for me it's always just broken down into my own stretching routine, it is good and covers all the areas but for me, for example, i tend to just end up focusing on side and front/back splits, quad massage and hanging upside down with my gravity boots. its a good stepping stone to establish your problem areas and then target them with a more focused routine basically
>>
>>39554286
she seems to be very strong for her small frame, but doesn't look juiced up (yet?). I'm mirin
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-eXUUXL7w

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4t-XRwBs9E

pls critique, what am I not doing right?
>>
>>39556641
Your back seems a little curved in the start position, push your chest out more in the starting position. The jerk is a little bit too narrow, stretch your legs out more. Ideally you want your front leg to be perpendicular to the ground.
>>
>>39554282
It'll be a damn shame once she gets as roided up as Marina Shainova.
>>
>>39556641
aside from the curved upper back the biggest form issue i see is you could be getting a little more extension before your feet leave the ground, so you're losing a good amount of power from there.

Also you could be prolonging the explosion a little bit more, it seems like you're cutting off the pull from the ground short
>>
>>39556871
>>39556641

>a little curved

Your whole back is extremely rounded. Lower your hips a bit and stretch your chest up as high as you can. Slow down from the start, make sure you're hitting your positions correctly. On explosion, extend your whole body--first legs, then shrug shoulders, then pull with arms. You're cutting it way short. Actively bring the bar to your shoulders, don't let it crash on you.

Jerk seems okay, timing was good, but your knees are a bit forward. Send your butt back a little. Keep your core and back tight. Your lats should be taut in the rack position.
>>
Has anyone considered having separate clean and jerk days when not in meet prep? It seems pretty cozy. You get to give both lifts the focus they need, some specialized assistance work/extra volume, then you can put it together on a third day when you do your heavy snatches and clean and jerks.
>>
>>39544503
Why is his name on the weightplates?
>>
>>39557965

Because they're HIS. YESS BLYAT.
>>
>get my new romaleos in the mail
>they're a size fucking 4
>look back at confirmation email and realize i fucked up the size somehow
>no returns

What do brehs
>>
>>39558088
Guess it's time to make a baby, and groom said child into a weightlifter, eventually they'll need size 4 shoes.
>>
>>
>>39544503
I'm doing SS. According to Rip I shouldn't move my elbows yet I've seenany videos of oly where they move their elbows. What should I do?

Also, having no bumper is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>39558504
Shouldn't move your elbows in the clean? Also look up Rippetoe's video "the iron plate problem".
>>
>>39558504
I'm talking about power cleans.
>>
>>39558511
Yeah. Some oly athletes, specially chinese, do a "pull" movement with their arms. Is that just some ancient chinese technique?
>>
>>39557054
>>39557103

Well most people don't know how to fire their muscles like they should to triple extend. If you ask them to "pull longer and get taller" they will do that but it will not be powerful because they don't still know how to do it powerfully.

When you learn to triple extend powerfully, you will extend entirely without actively trying to do so. If you try to do it too long, you miss time getting under the bar. Ideally you fuse secon and third pull together - one powerful triple extension and immeadiately / at the same time get under it.

My coach fixed the same issue for me. He just made me triple extend more aggressively every time (which is something that is pretty hard to understand in the first months.). He never tells anyone to "pull longer" because its as important / more important to not lose time getting under the bar (which is why the triple extension should be fast)
>>
>>39556871
I'll try using the chest up cue and practice my jerk, thanks.

>>39557054
So you suggest I make contact with the bar closer to my hips? I'll try it tomorrow.

>>39557103
I tried to start in a static position, but my hamstrings get stretched enough to cause discomfort and I can't keep my heels on the floor, hence the moving start.
>>
>>39558705
U don't no wat u talmbout and ur coach is retarded like u
>>
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11KB, 645x773px
>>39558360
He wanted to C&J 600lbs (272kg) on some commercial competitions for money, but while looking for it and trying to make arragements he lost his peak form and gave up on it.
>>
>>39558504
what? your elbows move when you shrug the bar at the top of the pull, they should not retract at all though
>>
>>39558542
You can't physically not bend your arms in the clean. Once the bar brushes the thighs, they *have* to bend. It's early arm bend you should worry about, which is a separate issue.
>>
>>39559486
he's talmbout chinese high pull fuck retard

>>39558542
>Is that just some ancient chinese technique?

yeah doctors hate them, click the link below for 10 chinese secrets that will give you 11 pack abs for winter!
>>
>>39558088

Contact them and explain the mistake.
>>
>>39558705
>He never tells anyone to "pull longer" because its as important / more important to not lose time getting under the bar

This is stupid. If someone isn't finishing their pull you make them finish their pull. If you keep telling them to 'get under fast holy shit it's son important' they're going to cut their pull short and rush under, every time.
>>
>>39559498
No he's saying Rip says there should be no arm bend in the power clean in his earlier post. Learn to read, you fucking Mongoloid.
>>
>>39559650
>>39558705

Another way to think of it is that by pulling longer you're giving yourself more time to get under the bar. Additionally, it cues the activation of all of the requisite musculature: not just the legs/hips, but the shoulders/traps and arms. All need to be working, and when they do the whole system is stronger, brings the bar higher, and will be more stable in the catch. Without the arms actively pulling the bar to the shoulder, you get bar crashing, like in that guy's video. So by cueing a longer, complete pull there will be multiple errors corrected simultaneously.
>>
>>39544503
Sprained my ankle at a party on saturday, how long should i wait before getting back to training?
>>
File: BlissfulUnitedGecko.webm (465KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BlissfulUnitedGecko.webm
465KB, 640x480px
i was gona write a srious blog post but fuck yoi heres am 80kg poeer clean, this was after 2 doubles and a double with a failed second rep. this eas my last poeer clesm today

did 100 x 8, 110 x 8, 120 x 8 pulls too. 0.75 inch heels, clean grip (pinky on ring), back rounding was permitted yes.n o hitching though. a bit of a rest betweem reps.
>>
>>39561545
Are you in the same gym of Alan Thrall?
>>
>>39561759
alan is in usa. blueshoes is in canada
>>
best budget barbell?
>>
>>39560278

After it heals.
>>
>>39558360

i actually think i have the same proportions as this guy, we have literally the exact same clean form

also his jerk technique is godly as fuck. Must emulate.
>>
>>39559650
He prefers to say "use more hips, bring the hips in more powerfully"

Beginners tend to do the second pull awkwardly slow and it looks more like a deadlift + rising on your toes. You get more time getting under the bar when the bar accelerates upwards powerfully, which usually leads to full extension (which doesn't always work vice versa)
>>
>>39563240
>"use more hips, bring the hips in more powerfully"

WRONG, can cause bar swing and a bunch of other problems

>You get more time getting under the bar when the bar accelerates upwards powerfully

which is achieved by extending fully through the legs

>You get more time getting under the bar when the bar accelerates upwards powerfully, which usually leads to full extension

wrong. watch any retarded football player do a power clean, they can accelerate the bar damn well without fully extending

>Beginners tend to do the second pull awkwardly

because they're beginners and dont know what to do unless you train them and teach them how to perform it properly, and that's not by telling them to do shit more powerfully, that's like telling a sprinter to run as fast as you can bro, without you telling him that he's heel striking, not bringing the knees up etc.

depending on how the athlete learns, it's more important to teach him each phase of the lift properly how it should look and feel and you can do that without power at all, this is what torokhtiy was teaching in his seminars btw, you can learn how to move properly without power and you get more out of that kind of learning since you are more well versed so to speak in the movement, rather than just telling someone to do it faster more power brehhhhh
>>
>>39562002

define budget
I've used pendlay bar pretty often before and I like it
stay away from most of the rogue bars but I'm sure they have a few decent ones
oh I like DHS and ZKC too but as to which specific barbells I've used I couldn't tell you
>>
>>39561545
Wow, a crossfit-leve, shit-tier power clean, congratulations blue shoes. Just quit lifting, stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>39561545

someone is posting porn webms in /gif/ with the same filename format as your webms, idk who started it first unless that's you
>>
>>39563676

? what's wrong with that power clean? it looks pretty decent to me. Post your p.cl?
>>
>>39561545

I TOLD YOU YOUR FEET WEREN'T ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE PLATFORM FOR A MONTH GODDAMMIT
>>
File: IMG_8166.webm (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8166.webm
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>39563698
don't have any powers but here's a 100kg clean and jerk miss from a month ago, 80kg bodyweight
>>
>>39563298

How was the seminar? And lifting with Torokhtiy?
>>
>>39563734
I didn't attend his seminar he lifted with us a couple times since the club was hosting his seminars he was very quiet and didnt really look like he was out there to teach. His translator was more personable and gave cues and advice to everyone even when they just lifted and not doing the seminar
>>
>>39563712
You think your 100kg is impressive enough to call out someone lol

Ur just as worse
>>
>>39563693
You're retarded it's a naming program that's been around for a while
>>
>>39563809
looks better than literally any clean I've ever seen you do, I'm not claiming to me a competent lifter, but you're on another level of retardation. at least I can clean and jerk over my bodyweight.
>>
>>39563835
I'm not blue shoes but I snatch way more then ur bitch ass can clean lmao
>>
>>39563823

i actually did not know about this.

i would thank u but u called me retarded, meanie
>>
File: 1480448311743.png (310KB, 576x419px) Image search: [Google]
1480448311743.png
310KB, 576x419px
>>39563809

Watch out dude, he's got Eleiko weightlifting shoes... I wouldn't mess with him.
>>
>>39563855
Everyone else but me is retarded out here. Do not worry u good
>>
>>39563863

Not trying to take sides, just pointing out those are Positions

http://positionusa.com/collections/shoes
>>
>>39563712

Quit dinking around in the jerk rack position. You should be braced properly from the recovery. Just breathe, set, and go.
>>
when I'm no longer ded I'd like to really work on strengthening lower back. I'm training at a pretty shitty gym rn with no way to do my staple lift of back extensions or GHRs, so I'd welcome any advice. I can do good mornings obv but would like to limit pulls (despite how good they are) for rehab reasons
>>
>>39563835
Actually blue shoes pull was better than yours

You've called out blueshoes before and then posted your 100kg clean. I'm sorry but at 80kg that isn't that impressive.

It's cool you lift and you enjoy it and progress blah blah blah but your hate for blueshoes and then justification of it with 100kg cleans is stupid
>>
>>39563844
yeah...uh huh

keep on making those claims behind your computer screen
>>
>>39561545
ffs learn to clean properly
>>
File: natty270.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
natty270.webm
2MB, 640x360px
about as real as liao hui 260 fs 220 jerk
>>
>>39564727
>Implying snatching 100 is a big claim

Dude there's a 62 at my gym who snatches considerably more than that and he's not even top in my small country
>>
>>39565799
um...are those real or fake plates?
>>
>>39550476

Yeah I liked it. Got some good coaching and learned a few new cues.
>>
>>39566276
Watch how high he pulled it and decide for yourself
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.