[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody had their "body composition analysis" done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 3595400.jpg (28KB, 720x698px) Image search: [Google]
3595400.jpg
28KB, 720x698px
Has anybody had their "body composition analysis" done with an Inbody machine?

Went to a Nutristore and got shilled into buying some glutamine. I also got measured by pic related, got a big sheet of readout data, then came back 10 days later and did another. Apparently I put on about a lb of muscle and 3 lbs of fat in that time...

It's a bioelectrical impedance analysis , and while it looks pretty impressive and shits out a ton of numbers (water weight, dry lean mass, fat mass, BMI etc), from what I'm reading these things are a meme.

If these things are pure jewery, it sure seems like an expensive racket. but the store is just a few blocks from me, and it would be nice to have a somewhat reliable way to track these things for free. Or are they such a meme I shouldn't bother?

Also, anyone have any experience with glutamine?
>>
damn this shit almost just deaded, self-bump because this took me like 5 minutes to type
>>
>>39532445
We have a fancy one at my gym, the home scale versions are bullshit but the 6-point Inbodys are fairly accurate and repeatable.

Try this, go to the store and use it, then use it again right after. If you get different numbers then it's not calibrated correctly, assuming it's a real Inbody and not a knock-off.
>>
>>39532445
I used one at the gym I went to when I was living in Tokyo. That gym had everything.

I don't remember what it said but I remember there was a lot of data and I am very fat.
>>
Water tanks are the only thing really accurate. That said you don't need super accuracy to tell you are losing fat and gaining muscle.
>>
They're only accurate relative to other measurements you've taken in identical conditions I.e. same time relative to urinating, eating a meal, drinking water, etc. Basically anything that affects hydration/water retention is going to screw up your numbers.
>>
>>39532445
>literally a meme machine
These are CRAP, the numbers it spews out are meaningless garbage. You want accurate body composition? Get a DXA scan, hydrodensitometry, or at least expertly-administered skin caliper testing. Otherwise you may as well just pick a random number out of the air.
>>
It assumes that a muscular person will have more water weight because muscles contain more water than fat tissue. However how hydrated you are and how thick the skin on your hands is also affects the impedence.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.