[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I got hit by a car a month ago and am changing up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: powertower.jpg (11KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
powertower.jpg
11KB, 250x300px
Hey /fit/,

I got hit by a car a month ago and am changing up my routine significantly to focus on things that will give me more core strength in addition to regular strength. Instead of squats, bench, overhead, and rows I am instead now doing: deadlifts, dips -- front squats, pullups.

I am thinking about buying a power tower like pic related so I can more easily do dips and pullups - I intend to weight myself down with one of those chained belt thingies, so the door archway thing isn't gonna cut it for pullups.

Do you have any recommendations on brand / etc? I am 6"0 170 lb guy, would prefer something very sturdy so I can weight myself down as much as I want (as a point of reference I bench about 200 lbs.) Space is not really a factor (I have a garage) but if it's smaller I'm not going to complain.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use it to do fully straight leg pullups, and also have enough space to do dips with the weights on me.

Also, any advice on which belt I should get would be appreciated.

Price not a factor, btw. Looking for quality here, not something that is going to fall apart and land me on my ass.
>>
>>39514339
Forget your original idea, what you need is SS + GOMAD
>>
>>39514378
I used to be 120 lbs, I used SS+GOMAD to get where I am today brah, HUGE GAINZ BRUH

jk I just ate a lot. too much milk makes me shit lava. I actually did SS for a long time tho, praise rippetoe
>>
I own one similar to the Stamina 1690 (pic)
My only suggestion is to get one without the shit in the middle (the back padding and whatnot) so its easier to do straight leg stuff and also so you have a place to practice front/ back levers and such
>>
>>39514476
forgot to add, a powercage with rings is probably an even better alternative than the tower
>>
>>39514490
A power cage? Can you do dips on that? I thought a power cage was just like a fancy safer squat rack.

If I sound ignorant it's because I am. I don't go to gyms because I'm an introvert and I hate people. I just own a bench and a squat rack and work out in my garage.
>>
How did you get hit by a car?
>>
>>39514549
A crazy old redneck was towing my car. He pulled over as I waved him down and told him he was towing me illegally. I stood in front of my car and told him I was calling the cops to sort the situation out. He got in his car and purposefully ran over me while I was dialing.
>>
File: rack-with-rings-e1320557120383.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
rack-with-rings-e1320557120383.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
>>39514540
thats what the rings are for amigo

you can adjust them to do dips, pullups, chins, rows, pushups, muscle ups etc
>>
>>39514631
Man, this thing makes my squat rack look like shit. Would there even be any reason for me to keep a squat rack if I had this?
>>
>>39514631
Also: those rings & straps can really support the kind of weight I'd want to eventually be doing? I mean, I'm 170, and if I only had 100 lbs on me it would have to support 270. Way more depending on how much I can dip.
>>
>>39514682
Also another question: won't it be way fucking harder and maybe even unsafe to dip with rings&straps like that, vs solid bars? Or is that a benefit, since I'd be working stabilizers or whatever more?
>>
File: 1468632006706.gif (777KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1468632006706.gif
777KB, 245x245px
>>39514476
I've been meaning to get this from Amazon. Is it sturdy??? I'm 204lb and I've read some reviews from people the same weight as me saying it was breaking down and it's kind of wobbly.
>>
>>39514339
Do shoulder shrugs and weighted neck extensions. They are what football players do to prevent concussions.
>>
>>39515070
Sure, I can try some of that. Thankfully I didn't hit my head, though. The car plowed into my back. No risk of concussion.

I'm mostly attempting to do exercises that simultaneously demand core strength because my physical therapist informed me that if I don't strengthen my core, I'm going to be in pain indefinitely because he supposedly realigned all the shit that was out of place and if I'm still feeling pain daily (which I am) it's due to a lack of core strength. Or something.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.