[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aight, I've got three months to get fit. The thing is,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Aight, I've got three months to get fit.

The thing is, the tests are on a bike with a certain resistance, quite high. The warmup is 5 minutes with this load and after that it's going to increase until you can't cycle no more.

You then get graded depending on how many minutes you last after the warmup...

So now to the point, how do I most effectively train for this?

I have a bike like the pic related.
>>
>>39513382
SS + GOMAD
>>
HIIT on the bike. Follow HIIT programming but substitute sprints for heavy resistance and jogging for light resistance.
>>
SS+ GOMAD is your best bet
>>
How about GOMAD + HIIT then?
SS will not really prevent the lactic acid. Or will it?
>>
>>39513382
What are you trying out for?
Olympics?
Military?
>>
>>39513577
Military, but I don't just wanna pass, I really want to get high scores.
>>
>>39513611
Interesting test for military. What branch, what country? To me your test seemed like how they test for potential Olympic/Paralympic cycling candidates.

Anyway, the answer is obvious. The best way to do your best in this test, is to practice just like the test.

>get exercise bike
>stretch all the leg muscles (start the stretches daily now, or you'll risk cramping up. if that happens in the actual test you'll FAIL, FUCKING FAGGOT)
>warm up to get in the fat burning zone or whatever
>then go. try and find out how the actual test goes. i.e. how long at each interval? Go that time at dIfficulty 1. Then difficulty 2. etc etc.

As for strategy, I don't know. IS there a strategy to employ (hold back at difficulty 1, 2 etc To keep enough in the tank for the later difficulties? Or are you just supposed to go the max you can, even at difficulty 1, 2etc. ?)
>>
>>39513694
General branch, Sweden. inb4 jokes ;)

I think the test is to see if you can do really long walks with heavy backpacks.

There really is no strategy, the load is just going to increase until you can't do it anymore.
>>
>>39513382
OP, download this: http://www.lronman.ru/docs/CyclistBible3.pdf
You'll be doing Early Base through Late Base (3 months total). Write the schedule for 500 hours per year (even though it's 3 months; you'll get hours per week and hours per training session that way). I'd recommend doing this on an actual bike on actual roads. By the time your test is done you'll probably have the highest score for that test they've ever seen.
>>
>>39513758
>to see if you can do long walks
By cycling.
>with heavy backpack
Sitting on a seat? It's a daft test.
Anyway, for military you should be running 3 miles easy pace 3x per week, 1x per week long run, 2x per week sprints. Plus lift compounds to build a strength base. I wouldn't worry about the bike much, you will never cycle a bike once you're in, so get the strength and stamina from running + lifting and you'll smash the test and it'll be fine.
Better that than spend 3 months cycling, pass the test but then find out you can't run.
Don't start running that much all at once. Start running 3 miles 2x per week, then 3x per week, then 4x up to 6x. Add days slowly, maintain a couple weeks betweening adding each day. Your #1 priority is DON'T GET INJURED. You run these days at an EASY pace, meaning a slowish jog.
When you've been at six days per week for a week or two, make one of them a long run (run 4.5 miles, then 6 miles, then 8 miles). Replace two other easy runs with sprints or strides (sprint 200m, jog 100m, repeat).
There, now you're doing 3x easy runs, 1x long run, 2x sprint/strides. You should have a few weeks to maintain this before your test. Do this and you will sail through the test I guarantee, and you can come back here in three months and thank me.
Oh also do pressups and whatnot, like if you don't have a strength bade you should be lifting, but that's a lot of stuff to do in only 3 months, and if you can't run + lift you should only be running, it's more important.
Dont ever run with a heavy backpack or wearing boots, you will get injured. The military will get you ready to do that, you don't need to do it yourself.
It's a good idea to do a few hill walks with boots and heavy pack on, but do not run, just walk, and remember priority #1.
Good luck son. If you ever go to war against my country you better not aim your rifle at me cos I'll blast you with mine first.
>>
>>39513382
1) Read the Sticky.
2) Eat at a caloric surplus.
3) Do an insane amount of HIIT training (not enough to overtrain, but a lot).
4) Do a lot of Squats. Not the full SS program, but enough to increase your leg strength.
5) Get a bike similar to the bike you'll use. Use that for the HIIT.

You can't improve your conditioning THAT much in 3 months. But you can do a lot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.