[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ is bulking and cutting a meme? started off a very fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: BUlkingAndCutting.jpg (95KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
BUlkingAndCutting.jpg
95KB, 400x258px
/fit/ is bulking and cutting a meme?

started off a very fat 190lbs 5'10 male. when I tried getting serious, I was eating 2kcals and went down to 185 while improving in lifts dramatically. however, I guess it was water weight or something because I stopped losing weight, so I started eating 1500 cals a day and went from down 175 lbs while maintaining my lifts/watching some go down a little. I looked much better, was developing some visible muscle, and felt comfortable in my own skin.

but /fit/ told me I'd just turn into a flabby skelly with no muscle and I was wasting time if my lifts weren't improving. so this past month, I ate 2k cals and my lifts are going up again, but I'm becoming gross and chubby again. if I keep this up, I think I'll end up at 190lbs looking the same with just slightly broader shoulders. then I'd cut and probably lose that muscle, making it all a big waste of time.

even now at 185, I have to just tell myself in my head "this is good" even though glimpses in the mirror depress me and people around me will think "wow, poor anon is gaining weight".

most people I know IRL seem like they just eat normal then lift normal and then get muscles. is this a feasible path? any advice?
>>
>>39513267
SS + GOMAD
>>
The only meme is being fatter than 14% bf. If you cant see your abs you're FAT. Don't fool yourself. You're fat and should cut.
So cut until 10%, then bulk until you barely see your abs. If you're paranoid about losing muscle, do a recomp until you're 10% again and then bulk again, or you can just cut. Then bulk and so on.
>>
>>39513521
This is literal retard advice. Cut to 14% is fat?!

People on this board have different goals, some value strength, and not everyone wants to be a fucking twink.

14% bf is SO far from fat...
>>
How do I measure body fat?

Do I need to get an adipometer?
>>
>>39513656
t. not fat, just bulking
>>
File: Untitled.png (22KB, 1096x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22KB, 1096x1008px
>>39513267
>/fit/ is bulking and cutting a meme?
No

You can cut and gain muscle. You need to ensure you have a very well balanced diet, but that in total its 5% to 10% less kcal in total than your body actually needs. The exception here is protein which you need to ensure you are satisfying 100% of your bodily needs so muscles can repair.

Also; just eating the average amount of kcals that you body needs =/= good nutrition. You can hit 2kcal with icecream if you wanted, that isnt a good balanced diet though and wont let you grow. You need to learn what your body needs for its nutrients, build a diet plan that satisfies it and stick to it. It sounds like to me your diet isnt consistent or balanced

It sounds like being fat is getting to you, ignore the weight lifting. Focus on getting a good diet going that you like and cardio after eating to help burn fat. Reduce your weight then start serious weight lifting.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.