[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential stretches to make sure I never get patellar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 20090507035954770.png (454KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
20090507035954770.png
454KB, 700x900px
What are some essential stretches to make sure I never get patellar tendonitis again?
>>
>>39506164
Bumping this thread.
>>
>>39508149
thanks anon
>>
Imo it's not about streches when it comes to patella tendonitis, it's about muscle.

Sure having flexible hamstrings / hips will help but THE thing that will unsure that you never get this bitch of a tendonitis again is building strong quads / glutes to releave the tendon AND know how to use them.

AKA you have to build your legs up by rehabing and focus on form, and you'll be set forever.

Also give time to your legs to rest. At least 3 days if you go heavy.
>>
>>39508762
>>39508762
This guy's got it.

Patellar tendonitis is inflammation of the patellar tendon specifically. Tendonosis is a non-inflammatory degenerative issue. That means you're putting it under loads it doesn't like or you've got dysfunction.

Stretching tissues that are already struggling to handle loads is stupid. It's why stretches for plantar fasciitis and foam-rolling the ITBs are starting to be used less. Stretching and putting already irritated tissues past their stress-strain curve into the plastic region isn't going to help you. That's not how you help tissues heal.

Proper strengthening of the quads, ensuring balanced pull mechanics between VMO and the lateralis, and having strong hamstrings to keep knee biomechanics in check are important. Checking for rotation of the femur/tibia are potentially useful, and making sure you don't have messed up foot mechanics. Otherwise the weight goes through the joint incorrectly, you get excessive valgus/varus forces, or other biomechanical issues and the knee gets irritated to shit.
>>
>>39509079
Hey thanks anon
>>
Eccentric decline squats
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.