[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 27

File: Eric_Cartman.jpg (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Eric_Cartman.jpg
73KB, 320x240px
Best routine after SS/SL if your goal is aesthetics?
>>
PPL
>>
File: 1479699923686.jpg (33KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
1479699923686.jpg
33KB, 720x551px
>tfw starting to catch feelings for a girl I've just been banging
>she likes me a lot
>I still have a strong urge to cheat on her
>still talking to other chicks and making plans with them

what do?
>>
>>39499721
OP: Extra info:
Started my /fit/ journey with weight loss on SL for the past year. Nearing 10% body fat and bulk phase for the 1st time. Would it be alright to switch routines now? Since strength isn't my primary goal
>>
> Not working out for ~8 months, pee is clear. Not getting enough water, smoking, frequently drink alcohol
>start lifting again, stop smoking, stop drinking, get hydrated.
>pee is dark yellow.

???????
>>
PPL
>>
>>39499730
Thanks any in particular? Coolcaidas?
>>
Can a low-test become a normal-test just by lifting heavy?

If i am a low-test, and my lifestyle is already healthy, do i need the help of doctors to become normal?
>>
Started running recently. I've never done any physical exercise in my life, I'm 18.
I've noticed that the inner parts of my knees and my feet started to hurt after running and I'm wondering if that's normal. I have flat feet, so maybe that could be the reason.

Either way, should I just continue running while making sure not to overdo it, or should I see a physician?
>>
>>39499721
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>39500046
It could reflect a muscular imbalance, a weakness inside your knees could mean your glutes are underdeveloped. Try starting off slower by walking longer distance and slowly decreasing the amount of time it takes so you are going faster and faster until you are running. It would take longer but help ensure you don't fuck up your knees
>>
>>39500057
I see, thanks. I already walk a lot, so if this persists, is there anything I should do?
>>
>>39499772
maybe your kidneys weren't working optimally when you were fucking your body, and now that you've stopped theyre cleaning all that gross shit out
when i stopped smoking i noticed my body started discharging all sorts of gross shit. it eventually stopped and now im normal and healthy again

how long ago did you stop smoking/drinking?
>>
What kind of strength gains can I expect if I were to start using the leg press in addition to squatting?

Or will I burn myself out?
>>
File: 1479743629968adv.jpg (90KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479743629968adv.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
My routine is Strong Lifts 5x5. Is it possible to add hypertrophic exercises to my A and B workouts so I can create a sort of hybrid routine?

If so, what kind of exercises are best and in what rep range?
>>
My left knee has recently starting creaking when I bend it. No pain, no discomfort though. Any ideas what it might be?
>>
posted this in the other thread but never got a reply.

What are some good non food/non money related rewards I can give myself for milestone goals?

Trying to discipline myself while cutting and paying off my credit card.
>>
>>39500295
Add 2-3sets of dips to bench day and 2-3sets of chins to deadlift day. On Fridays add a few sets of curls and tricep workout.

I say 2-3 sets because towards of the end of my routine it I found the accessories too much volume on top of my lifts. As you approach close to 1/2/3/4pl8 you will see what I mean.

Anyway this worked great for me. I would further recommend the OP to do a few cycles of madcows before moving onto PPL, simply because my size absolutely exploded on it, and allows for a lot more accessories.
>>
Today this one dyel starred at me the whole time while i was lifting.

I am a dyel too, so i am confused why he was starring.

Is it a good or a bad thing if people stare at you if you are a dyel but they are too? I don't know how i am supposed to feel about it.

It was annoying though, he always walked past me so near to me, that i was scared he would hit me accidentaly with the weights he was holding.
>>
File: 1472940149400.jpg (4KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1472940149400.jpg
4KB, 128x128px
How easy is it to grasp power clean form?

I went from SL to texas method so this is all new to me

I don't want to fuck it up
>>
>>39499721
God fucking dammit guys, I'm pissed. I have about 155 lbs of lean mass on me right now, and I'm convinced that a lack of protein must be in my way, since I get like 60-90 g's a day. Anyway, I'm trying to increase it cheaply.
>Gonna try to drink 2l of milk a day
64 protonz right there
>Cream cheese
A serving per day with crackers is about 10g
>Got Greek yogurt too
Gonna eat it on some days instead of milk to try to spare my anus. Around the same protein if I eat enough

But it's still not fucking enough. I have some eggs, some tuna and even some bacon. But I dunno how to up the protein any more. I'd rather avoid protein powder. All I can think of are cheap meats and premaking meals, but I don't know shit about shopping. Guess I gotta learn.

Any advice, friendos? Also, anything to stop this milk from making my shit my own intestines out?

>>39499744
Continue banging that one girl. Don't bang other chicks. You can always come back to them later if it doesn't work out, but if you cheat on her, that bridge will probably be burnt.

>>39499721
I'm doing Lyles Generic Bulking Routine. Dunno about aesthetics, but it's got plenty of volume, and decent chest stuff. Might be worth scoping out.

>>39499772
Keep going for another few days, make sure you're eating enough, and consider seeing a medfag if it doesn't improve at all.

>>39499866
Do you mean medically low test? Or just that you're a little bitch with average test that wants to do better in the gym? If the latter, keep lifting and you'll get some more.

>>39500046
Are you getting enough rest days? It might be worth doing some walking on some days instead. Also, what about the ground you're running on? Is it hard? Because that can damage your feet.

I'm not really sure, but if it keeps getting worse, consider seeing a medfag.

>>39500620
What do you enjoy, anon? 3 hours of being a degenerate and playing vidya is a nice reward for me. You may be different.
>>
>>39500715
the hardest part at first will probably be to target your shoulders instead of your clavicles.
After that there can be lots of little things going on you wont be able to notice unless you have a form check
Just do rows if you're not training for a sport
>>
Anyone here have experience with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)?

Even doing wall sliders hurts my shoulder. Are there any shoulder exercises I can go for with this type of injury?
>>
>>39500775
not him but are T-bar rows fine if I wanna take it easy on my lower back because of injuries?
>>
How much does a short ez Curl bar weight? It has olmpyic style ends for plates
>>
Is a bit less than a teaspoon's worth around 5g of creatine?
>>
2 months beginner here. I'm doing 3x5 on main lifts and 3x10-12 on accessories. I go every work day and rest on weekends. Should I switch to 5x5 and 5x10-12 and go every other day ?
>>
Just bought some unflavoured BCAAs. How do I drink this shit? It tastes disgusting

Should I mix it with some protein powder?
>>
File: 1773434.jpg (108KB, 660x990px) Image search: [Google]
1773434.jpg
108KB, 660x990px
>>39499812

Pretty much any PPL routine would yield similar results. But the benefit of them is that you do a lot of volume in a week compared to other workouts.

But recommending one particular routine for you is tough when it comes to aesthetics because some people have different bodies, strengths and weaknesses. So just get at it, pick any PPL routine, then take a look at your body in 1 years time and see what's lagging behind. Is it pecs? Delts? Legs? Glutes? Then we'll talk.

Don't bother with calf work. It's pointless unless you're a body builder.
>>
>>39500859

7,5 kgs. At least all the ones I've come across in my gyms. That's 16,5lbs. Want to be sure? Look around in the gym. You'll spot a scale soon enough. Stand on it. Then stand on it + holding the Ezbar. The difference is the weight on the bar.
>>
Anyone got any of those iceberg meme pictures for /fit/?
>>
>>39501353
I cant put my finger on what exactly looks wrong with his body, but something just looks really fucking weird.
>>
Today I realized that I was always benching close grip. Would benching wide grip help my chest develop?

Also, I suck at dips (like can barely make one), whatdo?
>>
>>39500758
Mix whey protein in your greek youghurt, it's super cost-effective
>>
>>39501667
Yes, wider grip lets you use more of your chest whereas close grip uses mostly triceps.

If you cant do a single dip just start working up your bench press and or do pushups until you have sufficient strength

Unless the problem is you're too fat
>>
>>39501688
Is 20% too fat for dips? I also suck at chin-ups.

I don't have any breathing issues when going up the stairs and can do close grip push-ups relatively easy. But I do have excess fat, no doubts
>>
Is going until failure a meme?

My friend has me do it

But I feel like I force my hardest every time
>>
>>39501700
20 isnt enough to be a clear problem.

You wouldn't happen to a woman, would you?
>>
>>39501715
No, I'm just very tall and stayed on SS for too long
>>
>>39501629
It's the fact that his hips are almost as wide as his shoulders.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I've reached the point of lifting (after 11 months) where flexibility is becoming an issue and I'm looking for other things I can try for getting more flexible passively- i.e. through routine/exercise rather than focusing on stretches

Rock climbing - looks fucking great and I've love to do it, but it's expensive as hell and hard to find nearby
Dancing- I'm far too inflexible and unconfident to start this in its own setting, and it's not feasible at the gym
Parkour- Seems to be for kids, not sure I'd fit in or keep up let alone take the risks required
Gymnastics- Seems like a good one but I have no idea how or where to start

Can anyone recommend anything else or talk about how to "get into" gymnastics?
>>
File: aDCGLki.jpg (60KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
aDCGLki.jpg
60KB, 540x304px
>>39499721
How do I get a bod like Geralt's?
>>
>>39499721
>>39499748
>Aesthetics
>Strength isn't my primary goal

Pick one. You can't look good as a man without good muscle.
>>
>>39501701
This is /fit/, not /lgbt/
>>
If I cant workout properly, will chinups/pushups, pullups and lunges sustain me for a while?
>>
>>39501735
Ok now that doesnt make any fucking sense. If you did SS you should have a good strength base, even with some fat. You should be more than capable of doing dips/chinups .
>>
>>39501746
Be modeled by a hack game dev
>>
>>39501800
Damn it :/
>>
>>39501793
I bet he didn't have them as accessories in SS

real shame
>>
>>39501746
Any strength program, cut, and have the genetics. Notice how his muscles don't really stand out in any sort of way except the v-taper? I know it's fiction but there isn't necessarily a lot of muscle there. Side delts are good, but shoulders aren't very big. Chest is wide but very flat. Not much traps. Some biceps but arms pretty normal for any guy. Core is just low bodyfat. Geralt does have good lats though, which does support the v-taper.

Basically do SS/SL with extra lat work and cut.
>>
>>39501824
that shouldnt even be necessary, the average untrained male who isnt especially fat or skinny can do a few chinups and dips. This guy claims to have done a strength program for "too long". He should be more than capable of doing at least some.
>>
>>39499744
You are just going to hurt her feelings. If you really like her then don't try anything else until you stopped talking to other sloots
>>
>>39501825
Thanks mate
>>
>>39499866
Cardio involving the legs is better for increasing test, though strength training has its place. Uphill running is about the best you can get, woodchoppers, stuff like that.

You can normalize free test levels through exercise alone but if you're not getting good sleep, eating enough veg and getting enough sunshine then you're never going to be "normal". Doctor will just tell/prescribe you the same thing.
Assuming you have some rare sex hormone deficiency or imbalance then thyroid, test or other injections may be an option.

>>39500046
Pretty normal, I had that in my very early stages of running when my ass and legs were basically jelly. It's likely just muscle forming and everything readjusting. Always take it easy with running, don't increase too fast.
Some basic strength training is your best bet.

>>39500204
They're pretty much the same thing, unassisted squats are slightly better for glutes and leg press is slightly better for quads. If you want to increase your squats, squat more.

>>39500295
Never done SS but most simple beginner workouts are missing a lot of accessory and even compound stuff. Adding more exercises is never a bad move unless you're compensating for fucking up somewhere.
BUT SS is specifically for hypertrophy, so you're probably just doing something wrong.

>>39500438
No but I remember reading about something similar in bodybuilding forums, google will help you.

>>39500620
>Trying to discipline myself
>What are some good non food/non money related rewards I can give myself
Discipline is specifically about doing things regardless of reward or how you feel. You're trying to remove discipline.

That said, self rewards are never a bad idea, just tie them into the habit so you don't NOT do something because you wont get a reward. I.e. Coffee after every workout, walk in the park, etc.

>>39500705
Probably just an autist. Introduce yourself and start a conversation so it's not weird.
>>
File: 1479088535535.jpg (447KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479088535535.jpg
447KB, 1920x1200px
what do you guys do for shoulders? I don't like OHP all that much since it hurts my lower back if i lean the slightest so im trying to find an alternative. I also do lat raises.
>>
File: sym.png (356KB, 865x1100px) Image search: [Google]
sym.png
356KB, 865x1100px
>>39501834
I can do like 1-2 chin-ups and maybe 1 dip. It's indeed "some", but not much.

"Too long" as in /fit/ standards too long -- more than 6 months

I always been week in my upper body. I also cannot properly train chin-ups in those gravitron machines because when I'm in full extension I just hit the floor with the pad :\
>>
>>39501741
And? You have any suggestions how can I fix that? Will focusing on benching alone help me go from || || to at least a slightly |\ /|?
>>
>>39501884
Ok so how tall and what weight are we talking here mate
>>
>>39501895
No idea what this comment came from, but if you wanna look wider chest isn't the answer, lats and shoulders are.
>>
>>39501158
I'm doing PPL, if that helps.
>>
>>39501146
Depends on the type of Creatine but 1 teaspoon is roughly equiv to 5g

>>39501158
At your stage it doesn't really matter but without knowing your routine and weights your volume is probably too low, regardless of attendance.

>>39501667
Wide is better for chest, narrow is better for shoulders/delts. For chest, keep your elbows tucked more but with a wider grip.

>Also, I suck at dips (like can barely make one), whatdo?
More dips. DB Chest Press and Chest Press and Flyes if you can't do 1.

>>39501776
>If I can't work out will working out a little be ok

>>39501875
Fairly new (11 months) but Arnold Presses, OHP and Lat Raises are the things I've had most results with. Also sit down if you're having back trouble.
>>
>>39501863
>so you don't NOT do something because you wont get a reward
wait, what? Do you mean to have a "gym -> coffee" link and, therefore get "no gym --> no coffee"? Or are you saying that it's a bad idea?
>>
>>39501898
115 kg and 203cm (6'8"?)
>>
>>39501925
Yeah shitty wording and I'm contradicting myself with that one, but what I meant is that tie it to the habit so it's more of a joint thing where you're giving yourself an extra reason to go to the gym, but so that if you don't get your reward for whatever reason you're not going to bitch out.
>>
>>39500758

Protein powder is the cheapest way to add protein. get unflavored and you can add it to your coffee, oatmeal, rice, whatever the hell you cook basically.
>>
>>39501906
So focus on getting more chin-ups and it will all go nice, right? I'm doing pull-downs as accessory on my DL days, the weight goes up. Is that a way to make it towards more chin-ups?

>>39501924
>DB Chest Press and Chest Press and Flyes
Are they that superior to bench press? I'm somewhat hoping that if I bench wide for a while I would be capable of doing dips without adding new exercises with dumbbells
>>
>>39501932
Yeah you're not weak, you're just lifting twice as much as the rest of us.

Chest presses, cable crossovers, etc and more dips = more dips.
>>
>>39501960
>>39501967
Woops, meant bench press with each of these.
>>
>>39501932
Well. Fuck. That's pretty tall mate. Makes more sense now because in general taller people struggle more with bodyweight exercises.

Regardless, for assisted pullups/dips you can use a regular station and hand a rubberband if your gym has one under your feet and over the bars. Otherwise just do controlled negatives. Slow af descends on dips. Chin ups either need a stool/bench/box or jumps if you think you can handle it, and again just descend slowly.
>>
File: Ag-eos.png (33KB, 624x395px) Image search: [Google]
Ag-eos.png
33KB, 624x395px
>>39501952
Hmm... Nice thought, thanks anon. Please have this equation of state of solid silver.
>>
File: chestpress-bruises.png (115KB, 425x223px) Image search: [Google]
chestpress-bruises.png
115KB, 425x223px
Sometimes I get spotty bruising here when I do chest presses (I do them with dumbbells if that makes any difference). What's going on here?
>>
>>39501980
>>39501975
Okay, thanks lads. I'll just keep going then.

>>39501980
>Chin ups either need a stool/bench/box or jumps
Kek. Literally can't find a high enough handle without bending my knees looking like an idiot, but I'll go in the morning so nobody sees me. Thanks anon, have a good day
>>
>>39501981
Funny, I'm literally ordering ingredients for making storm jars just now, although it doesn't have any silver
>>
>>39499812
Fierce 5
>>
File: 1423987278158.png (435KB, 368x471px) Image search: [Google]
1423987278158.png
435KB, 368x471px
What's a good alternative of alcohol for getting fucked up, but without the literally thousands of calories? No hard drugs.
>>
>>39501353
> don't bother with calf work

Kill yourself retard
>>
>>39502172
Just take molly or any other amphetamine.
If you think that's a hard drug and alcohol isn't, you're brainwashed
>>
Is there a way of fixing weak chin , besides the surgery?
>>
>>39502172
Vodka or any low calorie alcohol

Alcoholics desire lowered inhibition, which you don't really get with other drugs other than maybe E/MDMA and the likes.
>>
>oneitis actually comes around to the idea of sex
>dumpster fire of a performance by my cock the first time
>totally flaccid despite her valiant efforts of blowjobs and lingerie
>cock feels literally cild to the touch
I know its just first time nerves, (was virg before this) and we've successfully had sex about 4-5 times since this, but i still have problems woth my erection. One time i literally went limp inside of her so we stopped, and cuddled and carried on again after about 15-20.

I think it was the 2nd time, i came in less than a minute, then was hard again like 15 mins later, and fucked her till she couldn't go any more. How can i achieve that level of performance more often? I had a wank about an hour before just this morning, and same deal with going limp inside her.

Should i go to doctor this Monday or what do you think?
>>
So I'm a skinnyfat making some alright gains so far. I'm currently bulking (so far 135 lb to 160lb).

My current bodyfat situation is similar to this guy http://i.4cdn.org/fit/1479946822414.jpg

I'm assuming at least this physique would be achievable next summer, given I'm consistent with my training. (hopefully better?)
http://i.4cdn.org/fit/1479944858155.jpg

So my question is, how do I proceed? Do I keep bulking full throttle until February/March and cut from there, or should I keep my bf% controlled?

Is a 10% - 13% reduction in 3-4 months a reasonable cut?

For reference, my current lifts are:
>Bench 1.5pl8
>Squat 2.3pl8
>Dead 3pl8
>OHP 55 kg
>>
>>39502501
GHB is what he is looking for. Good luck finding it though
>>
>>39502570
Sounds totally normal. Like any other part of your body your dick isn't gonna do what you want all the time. Sometimes the bussy is just too good not to nut and sometimes it'll not want to finish at all.

DON'T wank beforehand or you'll be less sensitive when it's time to fuak. It's better to nut fast(er) the first time and have a short refractory period then jump back in (spend this time eating her buss-buss and fingerlinging her potty-hole if she's into that). No need for a doc.
>>
>>39502172
I heard that phenibut is pretty similar in effect to a nice buzz. Pretty easy to order too.
>>
>>39502582
Been lifting for 11 months, my body looks very similar to yours in terms of bodyfat and composition, but I have far more muscle and my lifts are all more than double the guy you linked.

The guy you linked doesn't really have muscle so I don't understand why he's your goal, but you can get to where he is in around 3 month or less when starting from no training whatsoever, depending on your consistency.

I'd actually say you already have nearly as much muscle as the guy you linked. Either way I'd suggest you keep bulking because he's a laughably poor goal.
Also you can gain muscle and lose bodyfat at the same time, it just takes a lot longer.

-10 to -13% cut in bodyfat in 3-4 months is extreme, but if you mean of your bodyfat just now (circa 20%, so -2 to -3% bodyfat) that's not extreme enough. Since you're so new and already obsessing over bodyfat, I'd suggest continuing to gain strength while maintaining calories.
>>
>>39502234
t. calf raiser
>>
>>39502628
Phenibut is nothing like alcohol. It very mildly encourages social interaction, but not as much as say steroids or something like MDMA might.
>>
>>39501884
what's the name of this app?
>>
>>39502611
Guess i should have mentioned, we've attempted sex about 12 times, and half of those times ive been unable to perform. First few times ill chalk up to jitters though.

I'll try to stop worrying though.
>>
>>39502570
Just go to a doc. It's perfectly normal to be worried of your health, and ask for advice from a professional.

ED is a precursor to heart problems, it's better be safe than dead.
>>
>>39502668
That's a website, symmetric strength dot com
>>
Did I accidently take a trip to snap city?

Was deadlifting yesterday and fucked up my form by leaning forward and bending backwards. I felt a sharp pain in my lower left back and immediatly stopped lifting.

It's the morning of the next day and I still have pain on my lower left side when doing certain activities such as bending but pain has gone down a bit.
Icing it helps a lot as well as massaging it with a tennis ball

When I do slump test and raise my leg whilst sitting, the pain flares up but it doesn't radiate down my leg. There is a very mild tingling down my left leg now though but not felt during slump test.
No pain while walking

Medbros pls help. Did I fuck my spine?
>>
What should I look for when buying a belt? My doctor suggested me to get one for my... For my balls, because apparently it's related.
>>
>>39502643
That's encouraging to hear. Thanks, anon.
I didn't really set my goal too high, since I just figure I have shit genes. If I turn out looking better, that's great, though. But even his physique is better than anything I've ever achieved as a skinnyfat for most of my life.

It's not that I'm obsessed with bf% itself, but I just want to see the progress under my fat at one point. Once I get to a semi-low bf% next summer I'll probably perma-clean bulk so I never look tubby again.

I guess what I'll do is eat at maintenance for a few months and then start cutting down for summer.
>>
TM + accessories
>>
>>39501863
>Cardio involving the legs is better for increasing test
Yes, high intensity running/cycling etc increases test, but long, low intensity cardio decreases it.
Also, >>39499866 you need to exercise a lot for anything more than the temporary (up to 1 hour) effects.

>SS is specifically for hypertrophy
No. It's specifically for neuromuscular gains and isn't meant to do anything for hypertrophy. Reps are too low for that.
>>
>>39502769
What is your height?
>>
How do I suppress my homolust when drunk? I know I'm kind of bi but whenever I get drunk I go full faggot. I almost ordered a dildo last night after a cam session.
>>
>>39502687
if it's that often it could be 'something' or it could be inexperience, I used to be the same way but it was sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy where I'd worry about it then it would happen, but just doing it more times smoothed everything out
>>
Bicep curls are a good accessory to SS, correct? Was thinking of adding pullups too, but I currently can't manage to do even one. Should I be doing lat pulldowns instead?
>>
>>39502822
Bicep curls go well with everything brah. And do negative reps or chin-ups to build up to pull-ups.
>>
How the fuck did I lose 2 inches from my height (6'1" -> 5'11") and went down two shoe sizes (13 -> 11) when i started lifting and doing cardio?
>>
>>39502851
Alright, thanks. Will my core lag behind doing just SS+curls/pullups? Should I be adding some ab related exercises or are deadlifts/squats enough?
>>
>>39501863
>BUT SS is specifically for hypertrophy
How did you come to that conclusion anon?
>>
>>39502855
You were so fat your feet had significant fat on them. And you were never that tall buddy, or someone measured you wrong
>>
>>39502947
I never was fat. I was (and stil am) always a hungry skeleton. I used to weigh 120lbs but only weigh 140 currently.
>>
>>39502891
The focus of SS is linear increments every week or every workout. More strength = more hypertrophy and vice versa.
>>
>>39501863
>I had that in my very early stages of running
How painful was it? Right now I'm almost struggling to walk up a flight of stairs. It doesn't feel like muscular pain either, more like pain in the tendons or joints.
>>
How do I become less compassionate?

I found a kitten on my way back from the gym this morning and I took it to try and find him an owner. I can't keep it, unfortunately.

I walked around with him for over an hour trying to get someone to take it but I couldn't find anyone. Ended up having to leave him by a nearby church with some milk because I was already getting late for work. It's a place with a lot of movement so I figured he'd be taken by someone else soon.

Now I can't stop thinking about the poor thing. What should I do?
>>
>>39500758
>what is chicken breast
>>
>>39503146
>More strength = more hypertrophy
W-What
>>
>>39503175
Bigger muscles are the result of increased strength. This is basic 101 fundamentals of lifting and it saddens me that you need this explained to you.
>>
>>39501753
PPL still has compounds. That being said, I'm not doing it until I hit 1/2/3/4
>>
>>39503153
Remain how you are. This is a good quality to have and you shouldnt be ashamed of it.
>>
>>39503153

>how do I stop being a beta

Test E+ Tren
>>
>>39503153
aww
>>39503244
kys
>>
when squaitting i take like 1-5 breaths between each rep.
Is that bad? Should i just lower the weight so i can do it faster? I almost want to since im scared as fuck of squatting anyway.
>>
>>39503239
I thought so too but sometimes it can be a little too much.

Imagine a burly sweaty dude with a messy beard offering a cat around on the street.

That's not cool, anon.
>>
QUICK BREHS HOW DO I MAKE ROOM FOR DESSERT
>>
Is Texas Method viable on a slow cut (100-300 deficit) or should I lay it off until I bulk again? What is a better routine for cutting? Currently doing SS.

Current lifts 135/200/255/300x5 5'9@168lbs
>>
>>39503583
By reading the sticky.
>>
>>39503301
Girls will love this story, breh. They eat that "looks tough but is a big softy inside" shit up.
>>
>>39502570
It will get better with time. Once your body becomes accustomed every time you lay next to her you will go rock hard
>>
Rows and chins, or rows and pull ups?
>>
>>39503693
Chinups for biceps and lats. Pullups for lats, obliques, triceps
>>
This girl I've been talking to told me she goes to Planet Fitness , and i should start going there if i want to see her in leggings etc.. question is how frowned upon is walking into the showers with someone ? Would management knock on the door if they saw two people walk inside ?

Thinking of getting a membership just to fool around with this girl after a workout.
>>
Any advice on how to go about linear progression when using dumbbells? I'm a noob doing dumbbell rows as my row for my routine, and I'm stalled at 30 lb. I can do 3x6 without a problem with 25 lb, but it takes everything in me to do 1x5 with 30 lb and then I'm done. Should I just up the reps on 25 lb for a few more workouts, or do super low rep sets of 30 lb?
>>
>>39503617
Texas method doesn't work if you're losing weight. Just keep your intensity up
>>
>>39499721

more volume nigga
>>
Do any former fatties have experience with aggressive weight loss? My TDEE is 3000 and I'm eating 1800, so I'm losing slightly more than 2 pounds a week. I've been doing this for 5 weeks now. I'm doing Stronglifts 3 times a week and light walking (1-2 miles daily). My goal is to go from 230 to 180, and I'm now at 216.

So far so good, my diet is good, I never feel hungry and I have lots of energy, but this last week I'm starting to feel out of breath a few times a day. This happens irrespective of the exercise, sometimes I just lose my breath for 10-15 minutes which has never happened before while I was sedentary and eating pizza every meal. Is this something that can easily be explained and fixed (eat more, exercise less, etc.) or should I just go to a doctor if it continues?
>>
I'm super skinny and need to eat 3000 Cal a day u weight 131 and 21 but I can't do dead lifts or squats because Ive had a disc disease that degeneratws my spine what can I do
>>
>>39500832

T-Bar rows are the shit
>>
>>39503735
duh..just do 3x10 with 25 or get to at least 3x12 with 25.
>>
File: IMG_0153.jpg (32KB, 200x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0153.jpg
32KB, 200x236px
>>39503719
Nah I've done it before. Just don't make it obvious. But really dude take her to a bedroom. Other than standing doggy there isn't much else to do in a dirty shower.
>>
How do I get gud at dips and pull ups?
>>
How much fats should I eat when bulking?
>>
>>39501746
>not going for letho mode

never gonna make it
>>
Is there a way to increase height? I'm 18 and 5'11" and need to be at least 6'
>>
>>39501998
Are you hitting yourself in the shoulder with the dumbbell.
>>
What is the difference between chin ups and pull ups? Not muscles, but like how do you do them differently and which is which? Isn't it just overhand vs underhand?
>>
>>39501998
You're going too low to a point where you are straining your brachialis
>>
>>39499721
my routine consists of
one hand pullups
handstand pushups
sprints
headstand
is it good enough for overall health ? i do these 2 times a week 1 set of 8 reps and 15 minutes of sprinting 1min of headstand
>>
>>39504469
Throw in some Squats (pistoles or just air squats, all kinds of Variation)

Maybe Farmers walks, but it looks good to me.

How do you fell with this program?

>>39504024
loseing weight and training them "Grease the groove"-style.

>>39504444
CHin-ups: Palms afcing you

Pull-ups: Palms away from you

Can be diffrent for your elbow joint and Chin-Ups are more Biceps dominant.
>>
I started lifting half an hour ago, after 2 gr8 sets of deadlifts, I got nausea and took a break, but it got worse & I ended up puking a few times 5 minutes ago. All I dead was eat a piece of fresh smoked salmon 2 hours ago. So should I finish with my lifts for the day or should I rest? I feel much better now than I did when I was nauseous & puking.

>pls respond
>>
>>39504541
lift. mabey less weight put fuck it.

eat more after that and rest good
>>
File: 1476128231888.gif (774KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
1476128231888.gif
774KB, 720x533px
>Doing Meadow rows
>metal shavings from barbell stuck in my hand
JFMSU
>>
File: 250px-Latissimus_dorsi.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Latissimus_dorsi.png
53KB, 250x250px
My lat is sore on the right hand side, kind of underneath underneath my shoulder blade after doing some seated shoulder presses and overhead front raises. Is there something i should look out for in my form?
>>
Is it true that rebuilding the muscle lost during a cut is easier than usual?
>>
>>39505316
easier than building new muscle**
>>
>>39503250
I havent been breathing normal for 2 weeks since squatting challenging weight for me, shit sucks
>>
I want to start going to the gym.

I've seen some basic beginner routines which I think will be appropriate for what I'm looking for.

They usually include a mix of compound exercises in the 5x5 form (and 1x5 for dl) and a few isolations in either 3x8, 3x10 or 2x10 form.

1) I'd rather not do deadlifts. What's the best alternative? If there isn't one, what's the worst thing it can happen if I don't do them? Lack of strength? Disproportionate body?

2) 5x5, 3x8, 3x10, 2x10... I understand why there's a difference between between the sets for compound and isolation movements, but in any case I'd rather just use 1 pattern that several, each with its own % of the RM and what not. What would be the best compromise, the best YxZ to use everywhere? 5x5? 3x10? Something in between, like 4x6 or 4x7?
>>
What are the use of getting knee sleeves?
>>
How do I know if I have sciatica?
>>
How do I become less of a pussy?
>>
>>39504906
Don't do overhead presses seated, it doesn't allow for free shoulderblade movement.

How do you do the front raises?

Read this: https://b-reddy.org/2013/12/30/are-you-sure-youre-in-the-scapular-plane/

It's probably not your lat by the way.
>>
File: 1465971276946.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465971276946.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
Is 173 lbs a good weight for someone who's 6'5"? Am I a skeleton?
>>
>>39506132
Do you look like a skeleton?
>>
>>39505830
Why don't you wanna do deadlifts?

Take a piece of paper with you, or use your phone.

>>39505969
They provide compression and warmth.
They can interfere with patellar tracking, so I don't use them anymore.
If your knees aren't feeling 100%, you can use knee sleeves for a few weeks.

>>39506025
See a doctor or PT.

>>39506043
By doing what you want in life, even if it makes you uncomfortable at first.
>>
tfw on a cut, bmr is 1.7k, but probably ate 5k calories today

I'm not gonna make it, am I?
>>
>>39506161
>>39506043
No, I mean how do I get more agrees I've with working out. Lifting weights, doing pushups/situps/pullups et al. How do I learn to attack the workout like Arnold Schwarzenegger in those motivational YouTube videos?
>>
>>39506170
How do you eat 5k calories without trywing?
>>
>>39506144
Above the hips yes. Each one of my thighs has 24 inches of circumference though, and they are pretty firm.

Still I haven't worked out in a good while.
>>
>>39506191
Munching on appetizers, going back for thirds and fourths, having dessert. My stomach was full after going back for a third plate, but I just couldn't get enough of the sweet potato casserole.
>>
>>39506202
Post pics.
You sound like t-rex mode
>>
>>39506180
It's kinda bullshit.
Training isn't really about how hard you try.

I've gone months trying really hard on every set, and I just regressed in strength.
I've also done some training cycles where I didn't feel like I did much at all, and gotten a lot stronger.

Pick a routine, do it consistently, don't miss any days, don't change it up, and just try your best each set.
>>
File: 1457321606209.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1457321606209.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
how do you sleep /fit/? ever since I got some muscles I find it hard finding a good sleeping position without getting my arms numb. Last night I woke up to go to the bathroom and both of my arms somehow got numb it freaked me out.
>>
Is 15 minute cardio after lifting allright?

Woman so I'm not trying to get bigger, just maintain what I have and lose fat. Also, I'm doing GSLP, is this a good workout?
>>
>>39506223
kek, me too, never had this problem before lifting
>>
>>39506132
holy shit yes how are u even alive mate
>>
First time buying whey protein.

Flavor or no flavor? (I don't care how it tastes, so no flavor seems better)
Concentrate or isolate? (Concentrate is cheaper / protein)
How do you eat it? Mix with milk and drink?
What does it taste like?
>>
>>39506223

work on your posture. egoscue youtube videos. or supple leopard shoulder videos.
>>
>>39506223
>>39506241
Same, having a chest and all the associated muscles is wierd when I lay down and start feeling my fingers to go numb when taking short naps
>>
>>39506263
I get sick of flavored whey if I have to take one flavor for more than a few weeks.
So I just get unflavored, which is fucking disgusting too, but it's atleast a bit cheaper.

If you have the money, buy a couple of smaller tubs with different flavors, and cycle them.
Concentrate is cheaper, only get isolate if you're lactose-intolerant or if you have the money.
Unflavored with water, flavored with milk. But just try it, really.
Unflavored with water taste like disgust.
>>
Just made a new routine /fit/. My goals are to destroy each muscle group on their respective days.

ABCxABCx

A: Legs + Shoulders

Squat
OHP
Lateral raises
Alternating front raises
Cable rear laterals
Frontal plate raise
Rear delt cable pull
Shrugs
Seated military press
Leg curls
Leg press
Calf raises

B: Back + Biceps

Pull ups
Deadlift
Lat pulldown
Seated row
Iso-lateral high row
Barbell curl
Alternating DB hammer curls
Lying down cable curls

C: Chest + Triceps

Bench press
Incline bench
Chest press
Chest flys
Pushups
Tricep extensions
Dips
>>
>>39506273
what does that have to do posture? also redirect to specific video plz
>>
>>39506317
THAT IS TERRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD
>>
>>39506209
I kinda am, my waist has 32 inches of circumference and my ass has 40.

I just want to know if at this weight and height it's normal to still have love handles and a huge ass, even if I don't work out.
>>
File: hahahh...hahha...ha.........jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
hahahh...hahha...ha.........jpg
17KB, 313x286px
>>39506303
>unflavored whey is disgusting
>>
>>39506258
Please read >>39506331 >>39506202 and for the love of god help.
>>
>>39506348
Post pics of your body
>>
>>39506317
>OHP
>Alternating front raises
>Frontal plate raise
>Seated military press
>Bench press
>Incline bench
>Pushups
Are you sure your front delts are getting enough work?

>>39506342
I recently finished a 5kg bag, and pretty much every shake was disgusting.
Are there actually people who think it doesn't taste bad?
>>
>>39506356
N-no I'm shy. Just imagine a really tall poju character with big love handles.
>>
>>39506359
It tastes like the nectar of life
Only downside is I can only find expensive unflavored powder
>>
>>39506368
Well, love handles would suggest you aren't full hungry skeleton
>>
>Try out several stretchs in order to hopefully address a pain I developed in my top quad/inner thigh while trying to squat weight
>Get no fucking stretch release doing said stretches

Good fucking god, it feels impossible to solve the problems I have. I can't afford a fucking 100$ monthly membership to a crossshit gym for their squad therapy insight.

worse yet I've been properly sick for weeks and just have not gone out to exercise.

I feel like shit. I just want to lift heavy shit.
>Can do pushups again without it fucking causing pain tho
That's a small comfort.
Still can't do crunches with out small back pain tho.
>>
>>39506330
Anything that stands out to you as particularly awful?

>>39506359
I think they'll be properly shredded. What I think could actually use some work is the medial head.
>>
>>39506380
That's why I'm here on this thread instead of the cbt one, I only have any fat on my love handles, zero on my ass, thighs or abs.

The one time I worked out for a month or so I could already start seeing my abs.

Pls help
>>
Anyone have a fucking tried and true mobility routine guide for beginner flexibility gains?
>>
>>39506386
I'm gonna go with the other anon, and agree that it's pretty fucking awful.

Here, this is more reasonable:

A
Squat
OHP
Lateral raises
Cable rear laterals or Rear delt cable pull (what's this even?)
Calf raises

C
Bench press or Incline bench
Dips or Pushups
Chest flys
Tricep extensions

B
Deadlift
RDL or SLDL
Chinups
Barbell row or Pendlay row
Curl variation
>>
File: 1479893650987.jpg (107KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1479893650987.jpg
107KB, 800x532px
>>39506239
some opinions on this?
>>
>>39506386
> Anything that stands out to you as particularly awful?

Well honestly it just looks excessive. Unless you like spending close to 2 hours at the gym. You could easily compress that down. For example:

A: OHP > HSPU/lat raise>shrugs
Legs: Back squat> leg ext> curls

That can easily be done in 40-60 minutes AND you can add in a HITT session at the end or whatever finisher. Seems much more effective and scaleable
>>
>>39506465
Yes and yes
>>
>>39506465
>>39506239
It's good, and add another 15 minutes cardio before as well, or as much as you can stomach.

Everyone should be doing 15 min cardio a day(unless goal is something besides athleticism/fitness or aesthetics), so if you're a woman and trying to lose weight, I would do well more than that.

GSLP is fine if you like it so far
>>
>>39506477

>Unless you like spending two hours

Not him but I like lifting for 2-2.5 hours as a natty.

Not enough for overtraining, and I really enjoy lifting. It's my hobby, it's fun, I like it, of course I want to do it longer.

I would lift 8 hours a day if I could but that would be overtraining and I would get no where
>>
>>39506409
Pls help someone.
>>
>>39506501
Same here. I'd fucking lift 24/7 if life would let me. But 2 hrs is a lot of time if you have a job and other shit you have to do. an hour lets you get shit in even when you're in a hurry.

But hey if you can afford that time then all the power to you manG
>>
>>39506484
>>39506494

Thanks

Also I walk to the gym (30 mins) and after the gym I walk back home (30 mins) so I count that as a cooldown. Gonna try to do C25k again on the other days then, thankyou
>>
>>39506501
>>39506513
The thing is that it's bad even if you want to lift 2~2.5 hours.
More of the basic movements (even more of the 2~3 isolations) will have a bigger pay-off than a gazillion different variations or isolations.
>>
>>39506513

>2 hours is a lot of time if you have a job

Not when you tfw no gf m8.

>>39506530

I do all the basic movements (Rows, DL, Squat, BP, OHP) and then I do isolations for my vanity muscles (Biceps, triceps, lats, abs)

DAILY reminder WHILE YOU go out with FRIENDS and fuck GF anon is in the GYM 3 HOURS A DAY getting HUGE
>>
>>39506547
You continue to do so, anon. While I will go roll around in japanese pussy for the next 5 hours.
>>
>>39506508
Do a yohimbine regimen
>>
>>39506547
You don't seem to be getting what I'm saying.
I'm saying just do more of a few basic movements AND just do more of the few variations/isolations at the end.

For example, here >>39506449
Just do 10 sets or whatever makes you feel good.
>>
>>39506560

>you do you anon

I SHALL

>Wasting your test on women

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT
>>
>>39506324

posture is greatly overlooked. just means your muscles aren't in the right places and impinging on some nerve or not allow blood flow into your arms or fingers.

looks really simple, and it is. its about doing it every day, getting your shoulders in the right spots, and making the stablizing muscles stronger. to be honest familee, i just started do an egocue routine to get everything from hips to shoulders in alignment and it has worked wonders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_qtY5kX_g
>>
>>39506571

Oh ok. Less exercises, more sets is what you're saying

Got it. Was on the MasT TM training plan of 4x12 as many exercises as you can do.

I MAST SOON! ARGHHHH ME BIG YOU SMALL!
>>
>>39506585
>posture is greatly overlooked
Fucking. This.
Shit ain't a joke kids, this is why I can't fucking deadlift or squat for the next month or so and it fucking sucks..
>>
>>39506566
Since you got dubs...
Is there anything good for loose skin or will I be forced to do a surgery?
>>
Im about 6 weeks into SS and my lifts have all been going up. Squat is up 85 lbs, diddly up by 60, bench up by 30 and OHP up by 25. I've been eating 2700 kcal a day based on the "to be a beast" table for body recomp.

Anyways, I'm 5'10" at 210lbs and 26% bf. However, these were my exact stats 6 weeks ago as well. How is this possible? My lifts have gone up and I definitely have more muscle than I did 6 weeks ago. I can look at my legs and my arms and they're bigger than they were for sure. Not to mention the strength gains.

So what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>39506640
Not sure what the issue is? unless you mean your weight.
>>
>>39499744
Stop being a manwhore.
>>
Are rack pulls a viable alternative to dead lifts? I simply do not have the mobility and flexibility to keep my back straight when dead lifting.
>>
>>39506680
From below the knees, yes.
From above the knees, no.

Whatever you do, don't do deadlifts with a rounded back.
Just keep working on your mobility.
>>
>>39506670
Yeah I mean I'm seeing myself get more fit, I'm lifting heavier weight, I've gotten compliments from people saying I look better even if they don't know I've been lifting.

But it doesn't make any sense at all if my weight and bf are the same as when I started, right? For that to be the case that means I'd have to have the same LBM and same amount of fat on my body. It'd make sense at least if my weight was going up but my bf% was the same since I'd be gaining both fat and muscle mass but lifting heavier. But how am I lifting heavier without having gained any muscle mass?
>>
>>39506616
Surgerys your only option
>>
>>39506566
Does yohimbine actually works? Is it even safe?
>>
>>39506736
Oh, well that's real fucking simple mate.
> Stop eating shit.

Go read "Why we get fat", it's like $9 on Amazon. Basically it's 1001 cases and examples of how people are really only staying fat because they fill their body with highly processed shit.

Also you can't really expect to lose weight on a bulk...
>>
>>39506736
You probably haven't gained that much muscle. Noob gains are primarily neurological. What are your lifts exactly?
>>
>hit PR on DL, slightly compromised form on last pull
>hit PR on squat, which was my next workout immediately following DL
>felt minor pain on last squat rep
>felt fine for rest of workout
>get home, begin feeling weird pain in lower/mid back (2.5 hours after finishing workout)

give it to me straight, am i waiting for my bus to snapcity?
did i snap something?
is this usually how a snap feels? i.e. feel no pain until a few hours later.
>>
>>39506752
Oh it works if you do it correctly (speaking from experience) and yeah it's safe

http://yohimbine.emgsites.com
>>
>>39506795
yep, can be snap city.

post video to avoid this shit in the future.
>>
>>39506771
200 squat
225 diddly
135 bench
100 ohp

All following the standard SS programming. What do you mean by neurological? Like a sort of placebo effect?

>>39506765
Yeah you're probably right. I've mainly been focusing on actually hitting my calorie goals. Now that I do that regularly with ease I just started trying to actually hit my macros this past week or so. Of course Thanksgiving threw a wrench in the plan but I'm going back to normal tomorrow.
>>
>>39506824
Yeah your lifts are low enough and you started fat enough such that you probably haven't gained any muscle. By neurological I mean this: you have sufficient muscle to lift a lot more than you can. The reason you can't is because many of your muscle neurons aren't "activated." As you lift over time more and more become activated. That's what noob gains.
>>
>>39506585
>hips in proper alignment
Tell me more ebout this eiocian shit
>>
>>39506866
Ok thanks. Ill just stick to 2700 kcal for now, then
>>
>>39506936
Well I didn't say that lol. You should absolutely be losing weight
>>
>>39506936
You're at 26 FUCKING PERCENT BODY FAT
CUT YOU FATASS
>>
>>39506944
Would dropping down 500 kcal to 2200 be too far of a drop you think?
>>
>>39506965
I'd be doing 1800 if I were you

Also you're definitely way above of 26 percent bf.
>>
>Be a fat fuck manlet
>Unconcerned with weight overall
>Running isn't a choice for cutting weight
>Not sure what the fuck else I should do.

Well fuck me. I'd like to be back down around 180 at least.

>people claiming fat fucks with your joints and shit
>Got no knee pain despite my obvious fatitude.

I'm going to chalk it up to being sub 40.
>>
>>39506809
fuck,

how can i fix it? do i just need to lay off DL until there's no more pain?
will it ever unsnap?
>>
>>39506978
Ok so I'm gonna try 1800 kcal with a 50/40/10 p/c/f breakdown. Sound about right?
>>
>>39507019
You lose weight through diet, not exercise
>>
>>39507067

I'm not sure I eat too much, I packed most of my weight on just due to being sedentary as hell over the years.

Fucking sitting around for 6+ hours a day doing fuckall has been destroying my metabolism
>>
>>39507048
Eat 150 g of protein and fill the rest of your calories however you want it doesn't matter

If you wanna be hardcore about it then try carb cycling.
>>
>>39506796
>fasting
Can one take Yohimbine right before sleeping? I don't know if it's a good idea to exercise while fasting.
>>
>>39507079
You also gain weight through diet, not exercise

Your diet is the problem. Stop eating like a fatass
>>
>>39507088
No. The point is to do aerobic exercise (I.e. Fat burning) while yohimbine is doing its thing.

And yes it's completely fine to exercise while fasted, don't be a pussy. Especially when the exercise is freaking walking lol
>>
>>39507094

I sat on my ass for fucking years, I had nothing better to do. Goddamn economy shitting itself.
I don't eat like a slob, I just did fuck all. Calories in, but fuck all calories out mayne.
>>
>>39507118
Most people are inactive or sedentary. Many of them aren't fat. It's because they dont eat like a fatass

Tell yourself whatever you want your diet is the problem and you won't lose weight until you fix it. No one gets fat through not exercising
>>
File: 1477487438556.png (193KB, 463x463px) Image search: [Google]
1477487438556.png
193KB, 463x463px
I normally lift 7 days a week and have a rest 3 days a month.
I've been trying to incorporate a rest on a regular basis but I can't help myself.

I eat well and get 8 hours of sleep.

How essential is it that I rest
>>
>>39507144
Are your lifts increasing?
>>
>>39507144
I SACRIFICE!
>>
How should you train for a Beep Test?

My long distance running is great, I do have that 5 minute mile too. But I'm trying to get an exceptional score on the beep test, only getting very good one.

When you run long distance you just focus on running hard, beep test really throws me off and I stop early and realize I have still so much energy
>>
>>39507144
I SACRIFICE!
>>
>>39507144
I SACRIFICE!
>>
>>39507172
yes but it has slowed down of late hence trying to implement a consistent rest day
>>
Recommendations for a incline/decline bench for homegym set up?
>>
I can't make chest gains

I replaced bench press with dumbbell press - thoughts?
>>
>>39507447
Flat DB is a good way to fuck a shoulder unless your on the babyweight. Go inclince DB and keep flat bench.
>>
I kinda like dubstep but I am not into the edm scene and I bought a ticket to a concert tomorrow because I like the music
I am a sperglord who doesnt know how to dance how do I fit in, how do I behave? I dont wanna be like the dude who did reload animations\
>>
>>39507350
Then yeah you're gonna wanna do rest days
>>
>>39507447
Dips are how you build your chest
>>
Anyone here have experience with back spasms and know how to get rid of them? What did you start doing differently?
>>
Started lifting 4 months ago, making decent progress, 3 months of SL into a hybrid hyperthrophy/strength program. Problem is the bulking, started with too much calories, balanced it out, then got stuck at one weight for a month, got pissed off and overshot again. So now I'm likely sitting at 4.5-6 pounds of fat gained, originally was planning a 2 month long cut after 6 months of bulking, but now i'm feeling I've gained too much fat, should I rush the cut?

tl;dr: gained 4.5-6 pounds of excess fat in 4 months, cut or continue bulk?
>>
Any good black friday weekend deals on /fit/ stuff, I'm a poor and I'd be nice to grab a new pair of sneakers and some pre-workout.

A fucking leaf by the way, shoes are expensive here.
>>
Would I see an overall strength improvement long term if I were to drop SL/SS after 2-3 months and take up a month or two of muscle gain routines?

I know for a fact focusing on things like Shrugs and rows lead to a noticeable muscle gain in my traps and subsequently less pain in my squat.

So would I see a benefit for switching my shit up? I'd like something to do that won't royally fuck my shit up while I'm working on my Mobility.
>>
Is it indicative of a problem for an untrained male not to be able to squat even the bar, or just extreme weakness - progress as normal?
>>
>>39507794

I didn't know it was possible for a male of any type to not be able to squat a bare bar.

I'd be looking at problems.

Pain in the neck, mobility issues, shoulder mobility especially

My lady has fucked up shoulders from a bad couple of car accidents, racking a barbel causes her extreme pain. She also lacks Trapezius mass to properly shelf the bar compounding the issue.
>>
>>39504524
oh yeah i also do pistols every now and then.
this program is product of my laziness i used to go to gym 4x a week and hated the time wasted so i made minimalistic alternative
pullups hs and pistols for str training
sprints done hiit way for cardio
headstand for neck (helps with my martial arts)
>>
File: Rick.jpg (2MB, 1612x2864px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.jpg
2MB, 1612x2864px
>>39500046

The same thing happened to me.

Stop running immediately and start swimming. Go see a physiotherapist for runners knee.
The gist of it is that you need to be doing exercises that strengthen the different parts of your legs (calf raises, one legged squats, etc) while also learning how to run properly to take stress off of your knees (shorter stride, better posture)

Do this for about a month or so while swimming 1 km every 2 days or so, and when you get back to running you'll find that you can run significantly longer without pain.

But seriously, if you're 18 and live with your parents see if they can get you in to see a physiotherapist. He'll be able to help you significantly more than /fit/
>>
File: IMG_0663.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0663.png
1MB, 750x1334px
What is wrong with my ball sac?
>>
File: eps.jpg (140KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
eps.jpg
140KB, 620x349px
Can anyone recommend a calisthenics routine to couple into long distance running?

I'm headed into policing and I've got 4 months of SS and running under my belt but I want to start prepping for what I'll need.

>Will calisthenics make me look good?
>>
>>39507918

pop it, film it, post here
>>
>>39507918
Aids.

Nah, just a pimple. It'll pop by itself from the friction. Keep washing yer balls.
>>
>>39507938
But it feels hard like a little pebble, scared about cancer
>>
>>39507919
check online for squat pull and push progressions and figure out where you stand because no one can offer you a routine without knowing your level of conditiong. startbodyweight.com is a good enough source for this.
>>
I've been overweight my whole life. Skimmed over the sticky, think I have the jist of it. Eat at my TDEE - 500, right?

Here's my question though: I don't want to fuck up and make myself worse off than I started: Do I lose 10 lbs of fat and then start exercising, or can I just diet for 6 months and get down to like 10-12% and then start bulking?

Do I need to lift during all this?
>>
Would it be beneficial to me to just take just creatine and no whey powder.
Sry if obvious awnser. First month of lifting and I noticed some scent deals on my protein
>>
How much protein is too much? I've been getting 1g/lbs (175) and considering more because it seems to be recommended, but I'm paranoid about messing up my liver if I eat too much for a long time
>>
>>39508262
Lift while you lose weight absolutely
>>
>>39508522
>>39508522
What your eating is pplenty
>>
Exactly how important is sleep when training? I'm a student in uni and only able to get 5-6 hours of sleep a night.
>>
>>39508566
Extremely important
>>
Might be a completely retarded question but am i supposed to be pissing like a race horse with all the water im drinking? I think i remember someone saying that if im just pissing a lot im not getting its full benefits. All this water is making me piss like every 10 minutes
>>
>>39508702
You're probably drinking too much water
>>
can deadlifts alone build decent traps?
>>
How the hell does brocolli have so much protein in it? Is this a miracle vegetable and can it compose the staple of my protein intake or is there any catch to it?
>>
File: 1476067503096.jpg (5KB, 101x176px) Image search: [Google]
1476067503096.jpg
5KB, 101x176px
kinda t-rex mode here.

trying to get my upper body to catch up.

I cut squatting frequency to just maintaining, and stopped other leg work.

should I also cut deadlifting? I don't want my legs to get any bigger, even at the expense of lower back gains.
>>
>>39508816
You would need to eat like 6kg a day plus another protein source because the amino acid profile is incomplete. You might get way too much of some micronutrients too I have no idea
>>
my gym's squat rack has fairly high safeties and i like to low bar squat, which means i can only get close to parallel. I'm thinking about changing to high bar.
what's better?
>high bar parallel
>low bar slightly above parallel
>low bar parallel, but with no safeties
>>
File: 1462970396777.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1462970396777.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
How do I keep track of my calorie intake if I don't prepare my own food?

I eat at a restaurant pretty much every day of the week, often times twice a day.
>>
Why do I feel so fucking sleepy after a bit in the gym
>>
why do I keep getting hemorrhoids whenever I try to squat? literally happens after like a week every time I start trying to squat, any suggestions?
>>
>>39508950

High bar ATG with no safeties
>>
Gainer: good or bad?
>>
File: Cwyb3_ZW8AAD6Zp__1_.jpg (216KB, 2048x793px) Image search: [Google]
Cwyb3_ZW8AAD6Zp__1_.jpg
216KB, 2048x793px
>>39509119
I don't know, maybe you don't sleep enough?

Or maybe you have a rare sleepiness condition like Barron, that makes you sleepy continiuously.
>>
>>39502172
Ketamine.
>>
>>39501753
>He thinks you can't be strong unless you have good muscle
>>
Is OHPing roughly half of my bench weight good since I only started OHP the past few weeks?
>>
>>39509513
how much do you bench?
>>
File: 1480078693210.jpg (407KB, 2048x793px) Image search: [Google]
1480078693210.jpg
407KB, 2048x793px
>>39509323
>>
>>39509526
22.5kg one arm db bench so technicaly 45kg
I OHP 23kg
>>
>>39509582
>22.5kg one arm db bench so technicaly 45kg
that's not how it works
>>
>>39508967
>I eat at a restaurant pretty much every day of the week, often times twice a day.

why? take initiative and do some meal prep
>>
>>39499744
eat a dick. It's the only way
>>
So I hurt my knee somehow and leg extensions seem to be the only exercise that doesn't aggravate it.
Problem is, I know they're bad in the long run. Are there any similar exercises to work my quads while I recover? Squats, lunges and leg press are a no-go.
>>
>>39500826
bump

what are some exercises I can do that replace OHP because of my injury?
>>
>>39499730
>>39499721
I am a very newfag, what the fuck is SS/SL/PPL
>>
Lifting a month and a half. Everything is progressing well except squats, I just can't seem to consistently go up in weight like I can with basically every other lift I do. What could be my problem? I don't think my form is that bad (though obviously not perfect). It starting to concern me as it's getting further and further behind everything else (a pathetic 40kg atm)
>>
After I do squats, that evening when Im laying in bed, my legs feel like burning up. They feel so hot that I cant fall asleep. I often have to go to the shower and run cold water over my legs for about 5 minutes to cool them down. And hope I fall asleep before they burn up again. This happens the day after aswell.

What the fuck is this? Anybody else ever have this? Its annoying as fuck
>>
Important question here

What are some /fit/ snacks while watching sports and shit? Do you settle for junk like chips popcorn or what
>>
>>39510098
carrots
>>
>>39510017
starting strength
stronglifts 5x5
push pull legs
>>
>>39510017
Read the sticky, they're popular exercise routines. Starting strength, stronglifts and push/pull/legs

>>39510098
If bulking whatever fits your macros
If cutting 1xF mouth shuts
>>
>>39510098
Beef Jerky/Biltong
>>
>>39510084
had the same thing in my back when i started doing heavy diddlys
just power through it and you'll be fine
if it gets actually painful, or you lose sensitivity, go see a doctor
>>
>>39508522
what the fuck you people are retarded
enjoy shortened lifespan because of your teenage retardation
>>
>>39509683
>why?
Cause I have more money than time
>>
>>39510365
you didn't respond to the second part of my comment

>take initiative and do some meal prep

The reality is that it's much harder to carb count at a restaurant than if you make your own food. Sure chain restaurants and shit are on MFP, but that food is shit regardless.

Stop being a lazy piece of shit and make your own meals.
>>
>>39499721
I get bored when I do running, but I can do 135 deadlifts for a long time. Has anyone tried deadlifts as a way to lose weight?
>>
>>39510408
135 diddlys isn't a lot of weight. just follow a weight lifting program and eat at -500 of tdee
>>
I've never lifted properly and want to start, my diet has never been right for lifting.

Optimum Whey gives 24g of protein per scoop. I am 130lbs. How is it possible for people to eat their body weight in protein every day? I can't even fathom it.
>>
I'm on a cut and have a party to go to tonight. How do I avoid going over my daily limit (still have ~900 kcals), while still drinking?
>>
If I want to max squats and jerk off my ego, what kind of shoes should I wear? I've got shoes like chucks or running shoes
>>
>>39509548
Kek
>>
>>39509260
>>39509260
>>39509260
pls help.
>>
>>39510597
0.8*bw is enough.

>>39510698
Weightlifting shoes.
>>
>>39510694
liquor (gin or vodka) & club soda
>>
>>39506440
try to get into positions that are uncomfortable for reps
dont overstretch using some gay routine
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.