[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup fit. >i was working out with my uncle that was 25 in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1475698917641.jpg (51KB, 602x815px) Image search: [Google]
1475698917641.jpg
51KB, 602x815px
sup fit.

>i was working out with my uncle that was 25 in the 90s, so he was still into that 80s-arnold-totally-awesome shit.
>he was more like body builder build, not this natty stuff

okay so
>working out
>says i'm using the row as a bicep exercise
>thought about this hard

i am trying to activate my back and lat now whenever i row or do the lat pull down or even pull ups. like i come up nice and slow to activate other parts such as bicep, shoulder, or even chest, but then at the maximum point of pull, i try my best to clench up a little around the back and lat.

essentially, i want to know how to make this even more targetted, isolated, so that the entire movement is activating the lat.

shoulders, chest, bi's, tri's, legs all can be directly activated through various exercises, i feel, but this back and lat area. i just don't know.
>>
Do pendlay row. Go as heavy as you can with still good form. Think of it as a power exercise and execute it as such. Once it gets close to reaching your chest, you can contract your lats and back. It's worked for me
>>
>>39493964
>pendlay row
you sayin this is better than just doing regular ol dumbbell rows?
>>
>>39494018
I'd say yes. Using the barbell lets you load up on some heavy weight. As long as you can get a good pull on the barbell and contract at the top, you will definitely feel it in your lats. And I cheat on the last few reps to get in the extra work. It's okay if you rise up a little bit but keep your back straight.

Also if you have the space, lookup sandbags. I made a home made heavy bag with rubber mulch and did loaded carries with that. Using a bear hug on a heavy bag and carrying it for time/distance did wonders for my back.
>>
File: 1459155132864.jpg (51KB, 968x626px) Image search: [Google]
1459155132864.jpg
51KB, 968x626px
>>39493912
>free smells
kek
>>
Do some rear delt isolation to help hit that area a bit more.

I'd also recommend focusing on the negative reps of your pressing movements (press, bench, dips) since the lats provide antagonist support in those movements
>>
>>39494197
i can't do dips because i can perform the exercise, but once i step off the little cage, i get this insanely sharp pain in the clavicle bone.

>>39494077
so yeah,basically when i db row, the initially movement from floor to knee on bench is bicep, but then when the momentum from that is through, i pull with the whole side of back, and that feels satisfying. i used to do the barbell row a long time ago when beginning, so i'll go back to it, but i looked up pendlay and it just looks the same as regular barbell row? i was looking at this https://stronglifts.com/barbell-row/
>>
>>39494241
It sounds like you have the right idea as far as pulling. That pic is exactly what I was talking about. Also if you can, get your hands on an EZ curl bar. Those help tremendously with the stress that your wrists feel. At least if you going for high reps the EZ curl bar helps. If you go low reps, a straight bar is okay.

I always thought a barbell row was like this. This pic is reversed grip but essentially the same. The back is close to a 45 degree angle whereas the pendlay row is with the back at parallel.
>pic related
>>
>>39494241
You don't have to do dips. I just gave an example of a pressing movement. Basically anything that involves your chest, tris and delts, you want to slow down the negative rep since you will activate your lats and sometimes your rear delt in order to stabilize the weight.

And if you read the article, Medhi specifies that in his program, "barbell row" is the term used for pendlay row, which has a bit more lower back/hamstring activation than a typical barbell row because the pendlay brings the bar back to the ground for a quick reset and is in general a more explosive movement. I'd suggest doing a row similar to >>39494292
>>
>>39494342
fa sho, my bad. i actually think that site might have too much info for me to attempt a perfect form row. like i can only imagine the ways in which my elbows, feet, and wrists will ultimately fail me tomorrow.

>>39494292
yeah i can def do this but the ez curl bar at my gym is small / only for curls, but i could start off small?

i am dyel: 1 pl8 bench, 2 pl8 deadlift, can't squat a full plate, no military press / instead shoulder press with dumbbells at 45lbs 3 sets, 10 reps max if i have to do other numbers.

so i'm thinking that instead of bent over rows with the dumbbell, i start doing this barbell row and start with 25lbs, move up to 1pl8 by next month? or is that ambitious. i see big dudes at my gym (i.e. u guys,) doing the 1 plate row with non-olympic bar
>>
>>39494401
Honestly this was the video that inspired me to stray away from perfect form rows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVtcYmkmH4
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.