[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lower back pain general I can't be the only one here who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 19

File: low-back-pain.jpg (62KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
low-back-pain.jpg
62KB, 400x321px
Lower back pain general

I can't be the only one here who injured their back thinking that reading SS was all the preparation I needed for squatting and deadlifting heavy. I swear I've given myself degenerative disk disease.
>>
What did you do to fuck up your back?
>>
I had some low back pain at some point during SS. I spent a lot of time working on my form and eventually I figure it out. Most likely your back is only temporary.
>>
>>39492658

Where does it hurt?
>>
>>39492670
Squats and DL under the false impression that I knew what I was doing, and with no gymbro to correct me
>>
>>39492682
Just above my tail bone (or whatever you wanna call it). It kinda moves around a bit, and starts to ache if I'm sitting too long.
>>
>>39492658
Me too. Deadlifted heavy for a couple years with no problems thinking I had it down. Then got a sharp pain in my lower back on a DL warmup set last week.
>>
File: 1478993201185.jpg (61KB, 718x465px) Image search: [Google]
1478993201185.jpg
61KB, 718x465px
because you are like all the kids i see in gym today who only care about their numbers and disregard form. they think this is a video game and want to increase the numbers as fast as possible.

why would you even continue lifting when the pain started? didn't it occur to you that that's how your body is telling you something is wrong?

take a month off until the pain is gone then start slow and giving special attention to form. record yourself all the time. the moment you see your form is shit deload.

pray to god you didn't fuck up your back permanently doing stupid shit. but hey, at least you can write on this board that you are squatting 3pl8
>>
If you arent stretching and foam rolling 14x/week, you have no right to complain
>>
>>39492658
are you one of those kids that comes in gym and start lifting his max amount right away? saw someone do squats that way today with horrible form. he'll be gone soon.
>>
I have no pain during the workout but the next day in my lower back and it does not feel like muscle ache. Am i fucked ?
[DL: 2 Plates]
>>
>>39492713
no, it's because he fell for the ss meme

>>39492719
has nothing to do with deadlifting
>>
>>39492713
Yep, I was stupid. I was trolled into believing that my numbers would keep increasing linearly until I hit 2plate squat 3plate DL and that if it didn't then I was doing it wrong. So I just kept adding weight to the bar.

I did stop when the pain started. At least, I stopped once I realised the pain wasn't the good kind of pain.

I've started again but if I have a bad session where my form is anything less than perfect, I can feel it in my back for a few days after. Feels horrible.

I can only hope its not permanent.
>>
I think all lifters should use an inversion table every now and then. I don't even squat heavy and I benefited a lot from it.
>>
Could be your si joint acting up. Look for stretches for it. I can pop mine back and keep my lower back pain free nowadays just popping my lower back once everday or every other day. I've lots of nerve pain and shit my lower back hurt so so so much for few years but now I finally figured how to keep it in place. Also fuck deadlifts if you have tendency for back pain. I also hope sometimes I haven't fucked my back up completely but if there is no pain, there most likely isnt that much wrong so Im happy.
>>
>>39492719
>implying foam rolling fixes bad form
>>
>>39492775
did you start doing more deeper squats recently? if you were sedentary before you started lifting it could be that you just pulled a muscle.

is the pain more to the side? if it is that's probably it and not your back. take a rest for 1-2 weeks and stretch a lot, especially this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYpOCE5Zjc

if it's not better go see a doctor. but the most important thing is to stop exercising or risk even bigger injury.
>>
>>39492762
>thinking people like OP are safe on DBs
>>
File: villian.png (119KB, 208x247px) Image search: [Google]
villian.png
119KB, 208x247px
>doing low reps while deadlifting

NEVER. Just take a 3 week break from anything stressing your back
>>
>>39492836
When I say I stopped I meant I stopped last year. The pain went away after a couple of weeks. I started again a few months ago, but this time around my back feels weaker. Or maybe I'm just much more conscious of it. I think I'm just going to give up on deadlifts completely and just do high reps low weight for squats.
The pain is to the side somewhat, but it moves around.
>>
>>39492658
>>39492762
>>39492713
>>39492775

I started SS two weeks ago, after 6 months of inconsistent lifting. Whay would you guys recommend?

I'm squatting 150 at the moment.
Should I continue the routine, but actually slow the speed in which I add weight to the bar?
>>
>>39492658
Been lifting heavy and raw for 3 years and have never had lower back pain, I've strained my scapula, my lat, my traps, my quads, but never anything serious.
>>
>>39492913

So why are you here? Go away.
>>
>>39492903
I would recommend getting a PT that actually knows what their doing and ironing out the problems with the form before they become an issue. Advise on the internet can only take you so far, and not all of us are lucky enough to be good friends with a powerlifter. Not all PTs are shit. Find a reputable one. It'll be worth the money.
>>
>>39492903
>Should I continue the routine, but actually slow the speed in which I add weight to the bar?

keep adding the weight as long as you have good form and you're pain free. also record yourself and you will immediately see when your form turns to shit.

once that happens drop back to weight where your form was good and just do more sets with that weight then try increasing the weight again on next workout.

never sacrifice form for bigger numbers. it's not worth it.
>>
>>39492903
Just be careful.
Make sure you don't egolift, if you can't manage an increase then you can't. Be mindful of every rep and do it properly. If you need to go easy one day because you're just not feeling it, then go easy
>>
>>39492791

Just gonna bump this since no one responded and I think everyone could benefit from it.

Had a lower back injury which persistently acted up when I leaned both forward and back. Must have crushed my discs good for it to hurt both ways. Anyway I got a table and after a few weeks of daily use I'm all good.
>>
>>39492932
Just came to tell you adding a belt when you're weak as fuck is just gonna cripple you
>>
>>39492934
>>39492933
>>39492953
>39492953

Are there other good routines that do lighter weights and more reps that are 3 times a week?
>>
>>39493005
>>39492791

OP here. I've seen this mentioned in passing a few times as something that helped. Unfortunately I don't really have the money or the floorspace to get something like this. Maybe I should just go outside and hang from some trees.
>>
>>39493019

Why didn't you say it in the first post?
>>
>>39492695

Oh, I know that one - got it diddylifting too heavy. No clue how to get rid of it, though.
>>
>>39493022
Just use common sense. SS routine is good. There is no written rule that you HAVE to increase weights every workout. You can do more low weight/high reps on days when you feel like it to practice your form.

I always do quite a lot of squats with low weight for my warmup and slowly work up to work sets just to practice form and stretch out those muscles.
>>
>>39493047
Ever heard of a doctor?
>>
>>39493022
You'll never get stronger if you don't push your limits, just use common sense and listen to your body.
>>
>>39493047
How long have you had it for?
>>
I fixed my lower back pain by strengthening my core and stretching my hips.
>>
File: 1466504793473.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466504793473.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
Im also facing a similar problem, my gym routine has always been: (cause i dont have a clue what programme to follow except for 5x5)
Deep squats, Bench Press and DL
or
Deep Squats, OHP and DL
I enjoy doing these workouts however, after squatting or DL'ing i would suffer sort of a discomfort around my middle back sometimes lower back when im looking down. The problem is so persistent that i restrict myself to sometimes 3 reps when DL'ing. The pain also might hinder me from finishing my 5 sets. (I've tried to increase my 5x5 PR by 2.5kg everytime i visit the gym)

Any advice? (ps im a newbie)
>>
>>39493147
can you elaborate? what exercises did you do for your core and what stretches?
>>
>>39493164
Jesus, stop. Just stop. Don't ignore the pain or try to work around it. Something is wrong, and its about to get a whole lot worse if you don't do something about it now.

Lower the weight, find somebody that knows what they're doing and learn how to do it properly.
>>
>>39492903
>started 2 weeks ago
>"squatting" 150
Why can't you retards ever figure this out. Start with an empty bar. The weight will get plenty heavy enough for you very fast.
>>
>>39493164
weak core. try using belt to see if it fixes it
>>
Got a hernia in my lower back way back in high school from wrestling, not too serious but there. Never healed right. I only started doing DL and squats a couple years ago but sometimes I get back pain for days after too. Doctor said I could lift as long as it doesn't hurt, and it doesn't when I lift, but afterwards hurts pretty bad. Just stretch and keep the weight at a reasonable level.
>>
>>39493207
I worked out inconsistently for the last 6 months. It was enough for me to start with 1pl8 squat on my SS.
>>
>>39492827
>I can pop mine back
wut
>>
>>39492683
Me too bro. Stopped back squatting completely. Only front squat now.

You probably have a slight herniation. talk to a doc or pt about it
>>
Anyone have problems with one side of their lower back? For me, it's the lower left side of my back, just above my left ass cheek. It doesn't hurt when I squat or deadlift. I actually took a break from both for a while (couple of weeks) but I didn't see much progress with it.
>>
>>39493442
I hope not. I don't have any of the symptoms of pain going down my leg or glutes or anything. Its all just in the lower back.
What happened with you?
>>
Go to a chiropractor, not a PT. PT will give you willy nilly exercises you can find on the internet.

A chiropractor will actually assess and correct your spine. Dealing with back and disc injuries is their bread and butter.
>>
>>39492695
I got soreness in my lower back from the diddylift and squats and still do when I start adding weight.
It is always keenly muscle pain though, and it goes away after a day of rest. Your lower back will certainly get worked hard on those lifts. The pain is dull and more of a soreness than sharp or actually painful. Sometimes it feels a bit stiff, but if you are getting sharp pain go to a doctor.
>>
>>39493500
>chiropractor
Nice meme science bro.
Go to a fucking sports physio doctor instead.
>>
>>39492731
I had to figure out when I started that I had to start very light. not because my legs were to weak but because all the core and hip muscles that stabilize the lift were weak as fuck. 3 months in and it is all much better.
>>
>>39493514

"Anti chiropractic" is the meme. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>39493534
Fuck off to reddit with your meme-science. Chiropractors are snake oil salesmen.
>>
>>39493533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYpOCE5Zjc

and stretch your hamstrings
>>
>>39493541

*yawn*

What's more snake oil? Prescribing exercises you should be doing anyway and giving you muscle relaxers?

Or actually finding and addressing the cause of your pain?
>>
>>39492658
Medfag here, for all of those who have a lot of back pain after working out to you I say this:
STOP SQUATTING AND DEADLIFTING SO MUCH HOLY SHIT IT'S NOT HARD.
Your spine is kept together by fibrous discs that allow it to be flexible, if you lift to much you could get a hernia and these disks have the ability to burst and cause severe nerve damage. Please always use a belt and do not bite off more than you can chew.
>>
Listen up faggots i had the EXACT same issues you are having and i solved it.

1. You need to foam roll and stretch, ESPECIALLY your quads, and hamstrings, glutes and hipflexers. My weakest point was my hamstrings and it really showed in my lifts.

2. Get a lacrosse ball for your lower back and spinal erectors. Do NOT foam roll your back unless you know what youre doing, just use it to stretch you lower back at most.

3. Foam roll your glutes and hips, don't roll your IT band you do not need to.

4. Watch as many form videos as you can, practice your form in a mirror with and without heavy weight.

5. Do back extentions

6. If youre hurt STOP LIFTING until you are better
>>
>>39493558
>Or actually finding and addressing the cause of your pain
Spinal manipulation has never EVER been part of scientific research that showed it had any benefits further than placebo.

A sports physio doctor not only went to school for years longer than a chiropractor, they also didn't study absolutely worthless homeopathy tier science.

Maybe when you do serious lifting AKA /ow/ or /pl/ you'll realize chiros are fucking worthless for injuries.
>>
>>39493477
I have it all in my back too. Can't squat anymore. You can have a herneation without the leg/glute pain. I'm fucked for life unfortunately.
>>
>>39493472
I have the exact same thing. I went to the doctor and got an x-ray. He said there's nothing wrong with my spine/discs.
There's a weird bump in there. I'm guessing I tore something and it hasn't healed properly.
When I lie down to sleep at night, it feels slightly uncomfortable (it's like my left side of my lower back and my left glute is overly sensitive), but when I wake up, I don't feel the discomfort.
>>
File: image001.jpg (5KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
5KB, 203x249px
Somehow fucked up pic related, took a week off and iced the shit out of it. I was doing DLs with what I can only assume was bad form. Thankfully it seemed to be only a pull muscle, but now whenever I'm doing the OHP my back starts acting up and feels stiff as fuck. Anyone else get that?
>>
File: 1472835870704.jpg (46KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
1472835870704.jpg
46KB, 640x514px
>been lifting for couple of years
>notice that muscles on my back are unbalanced as fuck, right side is bigger
>oh shit i fucked my back up
>panic and rush to the doctor
>looks at spine
>lol anon your back is fine
>but your right leg is shorter than your left, thats why your back muscles are fucked up
What the fuck do i do now? Doc said i can get some special shoes for that, but how can i balance out my back? Is there a way to just train one side?
>>
>>39493654
1. Fix your posture.
2. If it's still completely fucked, do hypertrophy on one side to make it look bigger.
>>
>>39493593

Alright, stay ignorant. Go get some "exercises" and whatever the latest drug the pharma companies are pushing. See if that helps you in the long run.

If you want to actually find and correct the issue that's causing your pain, go to a chiropractor.

There's a reason virtually every pro team has a chiro on staff and a reason why your favorite pro athletes go to the chiro regularly.
>>
>>39493654

Chances are your legs are equal in length. The short leg phenomenon occurs when your pelvis is rotated or "out of alignment."

A rotated pelvis will cause muscles in your lower back to tighten up and that hikes your hip up, giving you the appearance of a short leg.
>>
>>39493668
I agree PT can be a waste of time, but a chiropractor won't find shit. I needed an MRI to find my herneation. A chiropractor won't fix that.
>>
File: 1vxyrtps.vichan-0.jpg (20KB, 203x253px) Image search: [Google]
1vxyrtps.vichan-0.jpg
20KB, 203x253px
>>39493613
>drop the ohp weight
>use your glutes
>don't arch too much
>you faggot
>>
>>39493500
>>39493534
>>39493558
This is horrible advice. Chiropractors are a joke. If anyone has concerns about their back or any other part of their body please go to a doctor, possibly even one who specializes in sports medicine.
>>
>>39493668
You're really stupid as fuck. Chiros for professional athletes serve as NOTHING MORE than a fucking expensive massage.

Literally every pro team has a phyisio doctor who does all the MRI/x-raying that chiros do for normal people because CHIROS are worthless for actual sports injuries. Weightlifting coaches know a hundred times more about sports injuries than chiros do actually despite usually not even having doctoral training.

You can legitimately find hundreds of peer reviewed articles proving how worthless chiros are for their intended purpose.
>>
>>39493596
Was it a sudden thing or more gradual? How. Much pain? Do you mind just greentexting your whole experience? I really hope I don't have this
>>
>>39493689

I help people with bulges and minor herniations all the time. I've helped many people avoid surgery.

A real bad herniation or prolapsed disc may require surgery, but it's always smart to try the conservative route first.
>>
File: yames yeager.jpg (94KB, 1536x866px) Image search: [Google]
yames yeager.jpg
94KB, 1536x866px
>>39493702

Are you a doctor? Are you an expert in the mechanics of the spine or the function of the human body?

No?

Then you have no right to your opinion.
>>
File: ABB.jpg (107KB, 1330x748px) Image search: [Google]
ABB.jpg
107KB, 1330x748px
>>39492658
I've got 3 herniated and prolapsed discs.

Don't do dumbbell rows. Don't do deadlift. Be very careful with your squats, and prioritize leg press instead.

Carefully make your abs and lumbar muscles stronger by planking.

If you've fucked up your back, you're in for a life of pain. It will never go away, it can only be minimized.
>>
>>39493708
>bulges
so we are faggots now?
>>
>>39493702

"""""""""""""""peer reviewed articles"""""""""""""""

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>39493706
It was gradual. The pain is a constant 2/10 throughout the day, with some activities (like standing for a long time) spiking it higher, up to 10/10 at times. I'll greentext later
>>
>>39493715
>Are you a doctor?
No, but neither are chiropractors.
>Are you an expert in the mechanics of the spine or the function of the human body?
I'm a better expert than the vast majority of chiropractors considering I've done coached olympic weightlifting for half a decade and intensive powerlifting for 5 years before that.
>No? Then you have no right to your opinion.
Actually yes I do considering I've read nearly a hundred peer-reviewed medical articles from real spinal doctors that do major surgery who claim chiropractors are worthless.

Additionally, go ask in any of the serious generals on this board if you should EVER go to a chiro for a back injury, they will laugh your DYEL ass out of the thread.

>>39493745
>You don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah, because your anecdotes and bullshit really shows you do.
>>
>>39493726
How did you get them and what was the symptoms ?
>>
>chiropractors
Enjoy your stroke. Spinal manipulation is absolute bullshit and if you get lucky to have a chiro who partially knows what they are doing they will just do the EXACT same shit what sports doctors do.
>>
>>39493726

Planking will exacerbate your injury. Planking flattens out your lower back and "turns off" your multifidus muscle. Most people have weak and atrophied multifidi so this is not a good idea.
>>
>>39493760

Chiropractors are doctors. period.

Any asshole can become a coach and lift weights. That doesn't make you an expert. I'll agree there are some bad chiros out there, but the good ones are great.

>be a surgeon
>make your living off surgery
>pick and choose cases to write about
>write articles that promote surgery
>condemn treatments that can help people avoid surgery

nice critical thinking there pal

nice group think there. I bet you watch CNN too. BAKA
>>
Jesus this thread is really revealing the extend of the SS troll.
>>
>>39493770
sports doctors don't adjust your spine guy.
>>
>>39493795
>Chiropractors are doctors. period.
Yeah, except by training, degree, certification, definition, and basically every other factor that exists.

https://www.painscience.com/articles/does-chiropractic-work.php

Get real with your fucking meme science and anecdotes, homeopathy does more than fucking chiropractors.

>>39493814
They don't, because they know it's bullshit.
>>
>>39493825

Doctor is a level of education, not a profession.

an MD is a doctor of medicine, a physician
a DC is a doctor of chiropractic, a chiropractor

It's fine dude, keep your head in the sand.
>>
>>39493726
Greentext pls
>>
>>39493840
Yeah, and a DC receives exponentially less training than a sports MD does yet pretends they know jack shit when they can't even correctly read their own x-rays.

Also DC aren't accepted as doctors in the vast majority of 1st world countries.
>>
>>39493825
>https://www.painscience.com/articles/does-chiropractic-work.php

>I am not highly qualified and I am extremely biased.

nice article there.

a lot of detractors like to claim that chiros think manipulation "treats" illness.

That line of thinking is silly and it's 100 years old.

That's not how chiropractic works.
>>
>>39493864

medical school is just as long as chiropractic school. About 5000 hours.
>>
>Fuck up back doing retarded rows.
>No longer can squat or DL without shitty pain.
>Sciatica pain all over right leg.
>Go to 3 different PT pretty much all tell me not to lift heavy and do some shitty body weight core exercises when I can squat 440 and DL 525
>Go to chiro 2-3 sessions adjustments back pain gone no tightness, back to 90% in my lifts but just taking it easy.
Go to chiro lads always thought they were scammers or will fuck you up but boy was I wrong.
>>
>>39493840
>>39493875
There's a reason why DCs make an average of 66k a year and MDs legit start at 150k.
>>39493870
>I am not highly qualified and I am extremely biased.
>yet still bothers to cite legitimate sources and bases opinions on medical research
Yeah, that's not how chiropractic works because it doesn't work at all according to anything but anecdotes.
>>
DO SQUATS THEY SAID

IT WILL STRENGTHEN YOUR BACK THEY SAID
>>
>>39493870
>>39493875
http://www.jpsmjournal.com/article/S0885-3924(07)00783-X/fulltext

There has never been a single article published by any medical community, doctor, etc that showed the effectiveness of chiropractic beyond placebo.

But great anecdotes you guys got there, truly showing how "useful" your meme science is.
>>
>>39493889
There's a reason why DCs make an average of 66k a year and MDs legit start at 150k.
That's not a really good argument, Dentists make just as much if not more than MDs and yet they work less hours, less work and generally live a comfy job.
>>
>>39493899
you can drown drinking water. what's your point
>>
File: subWRESTLER3-jumbo.jpg (171KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
subWRESTLER3-jumbo.jpg
171KB, 1024x751px
>>39492658
Fucked up my back doing construction and had to quit DL and squat
got a new bed and its feeling SO much better, starting to DL again at very low weight high rep,emphasis on technique

GET A NEW BED!!!
>>
>>39493899
DONT BOTHER STRENGTHENING YOUR CORE SQUATS DO THAT FOR YOU
>>
>>39493899
You're right bro we should also stop benching since even with spotters you can drop bar on your chest and die.
>>
>>39493889

if you believe that then you don't understand the mechanics of the spine.

I gotta go. I have patients.
>>
>>39493929
Yeah ignore every other argument including cited medical articles posted in this thread so you can focus on a single thing.

Average idiot who goes to a chiro detected. Enjoy your pseudoscience.
>>
>>39493935
I started sucking dick and my back got all better

SUCK DICK
>>
>>39493935
Amen brother stiff mattress all the way.
>>
>>39493952
>chiro
>I understand the mechanics of the spine
Good lord jesus, you faggots are worse than Jehovas Witnesses and shill on this board endlessly.

A decent /ow/ coach knows thrice as much about spinal health than a certified chiro.
>>
goblet squats in the 8-15 range
rdl's in the 8-15 range
leg curls and sprints

are the only exercises you need for a decent lower body

all these dyel skellies snapping their shit in the gym and for what? constantly drained cns and degenerative disk disease? lmao
>>
>>39493935
my bed had a dip where i would lay and had no stability on my back, got a new bed comfy and very stiff
>>
>>39493913

That's like quoting Salon to attack Trump.

Open your mind. Consider other research.

http://www.jmptonline.org/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=heidi+haavik
>>
>>39493953
You're right bro if it's not in a medical article or has a double blind study it doesn't fucking work.

Hell Dbol is just a placebo drug there is not a single study that shows it's effect on olympic athletes.Go fuck yourself you ape.
>>
>go to chiro
>get a fucking stroke when he pulls on my spine
>>
>>39493967
Maybe they're trying to help rather than shill...
>>
File: 1324755331280.jpg (43KB, 486x605px) Image search: [Google]
1324755331280.jpg
43KB, 486x605px
>>39493795
>Chiropractors are doctors. period.

Are you literally, clinically retarded? Or just a very determined troll?
>>
>>39493940
Squats and deadlifts will destroy the lower back if the practitioner doesn't already have a strong core foundation. Fucking idiots, your core is your most important to develop and keep strong throughout your life. If you have a weak core, stay the fuck away from squats and deadlifts, do core strengthening exercises instead, THEN go and do squats/deadlifts but only with PERFECT form, otherwise you WILL fuck your shit UP.
>>
>>39493999
Topkek there are legitimately people in medical and physio scenes that believe this junk.
>>
>>39493999
NAH BRO JUST DO SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS DONT DO ANY CORE
>>
>>39493995

doctor indicates a level of education, idiot. It's not a job. I believe the word you are looking for is "physician."
>>
>>39493984
>not a single study that shows it's effect on olympic athletes
Maybe because olympic athletes don't participate in studies to get disqualified from the olympics, are you fucking stupid?
The pharmacology of dbol is understood perfectly, your analogy is complete bullshit.

Enjoy your pseudoscience.
>>
Inversion table guy again.

Chiro didn't do shit, popped my back and I got satisfaction like you would cracking your fingers, didn't actually fix anything.
>>
>>39494027
According to your logic it has no evidence thus it's not effective. It's pseudoscience.

Just humour me though what is not pseudoscience when it comes to back injuries? Silly bosu ball excercises by PTs? Or the useless disc surgeries ?
>>
>>39493887
How did you fuck up with rows.
>>
>it has no evidence
>thus its not effective

You're entirely correct, this is how it works.
>>
>>39493887

How long between injury and chiro visit?
>>
>>39492658
>fall during squats
>xray shows nothing
>a year later start getting back pain
>physical therapy and shit but they thought it was just sore muscles
>two years later (this year) get unbearable stinging in back
>go to hospital
>turns out I broke my vertebrae back when and had issues because of that
>doc says its not a big issue

desu lifting correctly helps the pain, but I had huge pauses because i was unsure of why I always had pains
>>
>>39494099
>>it has no evidence
>>thus its not effective

To be exact, if it has no evidence in its favor it might still be effective, but you should suspect judgement and disregard it until evidence comes up. It's the difference between rejecting the claim that something is useful and proving that same thing is NOT useful. Two separate claims.
>>
>>39493887
Hope when the placebo effect wears off and/or your natural remission breaks and your impending pain comes back, you'll be smarter and will take a physiotherapist's advice.
>>
>>39494086
Was doing 225 3x8 and fatigue set in. Didn't help that I had a 2 hour sleep that day since was doing hospital on-call. Lasted 3-4 weeks, first couple of days horrendous shit then it became a constant but bearable niggle. Took MRI had mild prolapse of disc.

Resting it is decent for first 3-5 days but moving it and even squatting helped it recover better than sitting(could only squat bar with belt on looked ridiculous)
>>
>>39494116
7-10 days couldn't move first few days had to even skip work.
>>39494143
Man you sound bitter, chillout bro.
>>
Combination of ego lifting, bad form and ignoring the pain led to my back being permanently fucked. I recommend staying away from deadlifts and using proper form, 5-7 reps minimum for weights you can handle.
>>
>>39494083
>finger hurts
>crack finger
>finger healed

gib moni ples
>>
>>39494172
Have you had a diagnosis?
>>
>>39492736
Depends. If it fades until next session its most likely doms. If sharp and persisting pain -> injury.

In most cases injury foreshadows in uncomfortable (slight) pain in areas you didnt feel before close to worked muscle (not always though, not a general rule)

In conclusion: it's hard to diagnose over the internet, you are your own doc.

Personal opinion: in your case doms, since dl injury often happens during the lift with a pain response

Just my 2 cents
Gl and get well
>>
>>39494172
there's literally no reason to deadlift unless you're planning on competing in PL
i hope dyels on this retarded chechen soup making board realize it asap
>>
>>39492658
Stomach vacuums helped me so much with a tight lower back!
>>
>>39494187
Also try to test your mobility by arching towards all sides. If its impaired -> most likely injury
>>
>>39494198
Amen to that no reason to bench either since it's only lift that kills people.
We should all just do Kettlebell exercises and go for runs every once in a while don't forget no eating either getting big and no abs is a bad thing.
>>
>>39494214
idk why you're bitter, it's true, and yes, barbell bench press is a useless ego lift
want bigger pecs? focus on dumbbells

lmao
>>
>>39494185
From the xray the doctor thought it could be a bulged disc, didn't think an MRI was necessary. In hindsight I should've had one because the pain is there 24/7. He recommended a physiotherapist...did not help one bit.
>>
People with no lower back pain dont understand how good they have it. It took me years of rehabilitation and training to fix my shit up. Didnt realize for some time that even though Im strong, I had weak core so inbalances really are a bad thing. Now I hear a pop when I stretch my lower back but no pain and it feels great afterwards. Spondylosis is really shit condition, twisting my torso is really bad for my back on bad days.
>>
>>39494198
Yep, deadlifting is horrible. You can supplement other exercises instead of it
>>
>>39492658
Fix your form. Tighten your core during lifts. Add a core workout day. Make sure you stretch. Grow a pair and quit bitching. If it's not shooting pain it's only temporary for now, so fix it.
>>
The back can just be sore right.

I deadlifted 185 yesterday after lifting 135 3 days before and my back is I think sore not in pain.

I don't know if that makes sense.
>>
>>39494253
>You can supplement other exercises instead of it

Any recommendations? I've really been put off deadlifts. I just want to look good, and I'm fairly sure they fuck with your V-taper anyway
>>
>>39494294
see >>39493968

add in some shrugs if you want but imo too big traps ruin looks
>>
>>39494294
>and I'm fairly sure they fuck with your V-taper anyway
How much you deadlift has nothing to do with the genetics of your obliques
>>
File: 1441918553964.png (144KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1441918553964.png
144KB, 530x530px
>>39494198
>don't do one of the best compound lifts because some random dyel idiot on 4chan can't do it correctly
>>
>>39493022
greyskull LP is breddy good
>>
>>39494319
"best" meaning works so many muscles you don't know whether to use it for developing legs, back, traps, ass, or hamstrings

have fun beating your cns while going to school or working for no other reason but "b-but it works almost all muscles"
>>
>>39494363
hamstrings and ass are considered leg training
traps are considered back
so basically you said 5 things when you only meant legs and back, nice meme though
>>
File: jimbo.jpg (13KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
jimbo.jpg
13KB, 200x255px
>>39494363
>complaining that a compound lift is working too many muscles

Kek youre ass blasted you can't do a simple deadlift and telling people they should avoid it or they will snap their shit. Why even give advice when youre so obviously retarded?
>>
>>39494392
>simple deadlift
>obviously retarded
This attitude is probably what contributed to so many people in this thread have back problems
>>
>>39494495
Deadlift is a very simple exercise, doing it correctly has zero chance of causing back pain outside of DOMS.
Just because you can't do it dispite having years worth of instructional videos available for free online doesn't mean it isn't simple.

Sorry you're unteachable.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>39494541
>Deadlift is a very simple exercise
>>
>>39494599
>when you can't argue so you just green text
Youre just proving my point that deadlifts are too complicated for you.
>>
>>39494611
How much do you deadlift anyway? I've yet to meet somebody that deadlifts a serious amount and hasn't had to step back and reexamine the form multiple times. Its not that the mechanism is overly complicated. Its just very easy to get wrong.

But fine, go ahead and believe that anybody that injures themselves has some sort of mental deficiency.
>>
File: just.jpg (14KB, 297x331px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
14KB, 297x331px
>>39493767
I got them by having terrible posture, and by laying down on my bed, facing down, propped up on my elbows.

That's how I used to study throughout my childhood, and it fucked up my back forever.

The problem became worse because I was really fat (35%), which puts additional strain on the lower back.

Symptoms: pain. if everything's fine, the pain is just a 1 or 2. Annoying, but ignorable. If shit's fucked and your back is inflamed, it goes up to a 7 or 8.

one day you lean over to pick something up off the ground, and it kind of snaps and you're bedridden until the inflammation drops.

I've got 3 herniated and prolapsed discs: L2-L3, L3-L4, and L5-S1.

I can't relax my back and abs if I'm sitting down without back support.

Having this shit teaches you to "lift with your legs and not your back" in a real fucking hurry.
>>
>>39494659
Wow talk about moving the fucking goalposts you shitter. You literally say theres no point in deadlifting if you don't compete and now youre talking about reexamining your form on lifts that you never should do?
Of course you have to make changes to your form when you increase weights but that doesn't change the core mechanic of the lift and how you complete it.
There are tons of deadlift variations and grip techniques but that doesn't mean you are completely relearning the exercise. Everyone has to deadlift slightly differently because of torso, arm, leg lengths.

Im not saying that youre retarded for being injured i am saying youre retarded for writing off one of the best compound exercises just because you did not want to learn how to do it correctly.
My most recent set was 415lbs
>>
>>39493773
Planking is the only way to strengthen the lumbar muscles and the abs without bending the lower back.

It's not ideal, but it beats doing crunches and getting your lower back inflamed.
>>
>>39494732
>You literally say theres no point in deadlifting

No I didn't. The internet is not one person.

>Everyone has to deadlift slightly differently because of torso, arm, leg lengths.

Thank you for proving my point. The deadlfit is not a 'simple exercise'.
>>
>>39494731
Same here man
>>39493755
Why have we been cursed?
>>
>>39493773
>>39494751
a PT recommended sideplanks as part of a stretching/exercise rehab routine when I had low back pain.
>>
File: putinwew.jpg (227KB, 1520x1013px) Image search: [Google]
putinwew.jpg
227KB, 1520x1013px
>>39493755
If you think your lower back pain is a 10/10, you're a pussy. Lower back pain goes up to maybe 8, if there's sciatic involvement and severe inflammation.

9/10 is shit like giving birth, and 10/10 is shit like bone cancer or traumatic amputation.
>>
>>39492658
Same problem. Just need to make your hamstrings/glutes more flexible. Also do ab rollouts. I promise you will never have back problems again as long as you don't do anything stupid.
>>
>>39494762
Fuck off retard, just because you have to change your grip placement doesn't mean it isn't a straightforward exercise.
>>
>>39492713
>>39492719
>>39492731
>>39492877
>>39493059
>>39493088
>>39493232 (don't use a belt, holy fuck)
>>39493664
>>39493677
>>39493726
All complete retards
>>
>>39492658

Lower the weight and switch to an intermediate style weekly program with a volume day and an intensity day.

This will give your body more recovery time.
>>
>>39494888
molyneux.jpg
>>
>>39494888
>when u pick random posts and call them retards
Good meme
>>
>>39494953
To be fair most of the posts he highlighted are pretty retarded.

Although I guess a random selection would probably not yield better results
>>
>>39494198
If you could only do one lift it should be diddlys. Wtf is wrong with you?

>humans shouldn't pick things up
Fuck
Tard
>>
File: 1374693711279.jpg (220KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
1374693711279.jpg
220KB, 1024x719px
>>39492713

>take a month off

Not even be ironically or edgy I don't care if I fuck myself up lifting because I don't care that much about living.
>>
File: 1457609574896.jpg (110KB, 800x628px) Image search: [Google]
1457609574896.jpg
110KB, 800x628px
>>39492658
Have light pain (not even sure if i can call it that) directly on my lower spine. I don't feel it most of the time, but if i try to lift something, even light stuff, it sometimes becomes noticeable. Started to DL constantly two weeks ago, 1.5 pl8t right now. Form is good as far as i can tell, but i occasionally tend to lose core pressure, back stays straight though, but that's when i feel it during the lift..
That's not a bad sign, right? Just muscle ache maybe?
>>
For me lower back pain is a never ending struggle. I hyperextended my spine really badly during a high school wrestling match. A few months ago I hurt it getting fouled in a soccer match after a heavy session of deadlifting. I have good form and I do all my lifts very slowly, but getting fouled really jerked my shit loose.

I took 2.5 months off of the gym and have only been able to stretch and now I'm finally back in it. Feels good to lift again, but I think my back will never be the same again.

For treatment I switch between naproxen and ibuprofen for medications. I use a foam roller for my legs and do stretches for my hamstrings and lower back. Put heat on it when it becomes unbearable but other than that I don't see any options.
>>
B.B. Glute bridges, make sure you're activating your back and not just letting your legs do all the work. If you do it right you will probably get doms in your lower back. Ever since I started doing those and corrected my posture, no more low back pain
>>
>>39495238
You're going to look back one day and realise what a stupid kid you were
>>
>>39494836
I kinda excluded those extraordinary occurrences. Within the realm of dealing with general mechanical pain, it's about as bad as it gets.
>>
few weeks into ss, and while my lower back doesn't hurt i feel more aware of whether or not i'm sitting or standing up straight and trying to correct it accordingly
it this normal?
>>
File: 1476950061935.jpg (31KB, 370x368px) Image search: [Google]
1476950061935.jpg
31KB, 370x368px
Just take a month off and only do like calf raises and forearms. Do piriformis stretch and the stretch where you do a pushup vertically to stretch. That's about it.

>chiropractors are memes
>you dont need to see a doctor
>you dont need a pt
>just stop lifting and do what I say
>>
>>39496013
That's just the start of your back problems, friend.

Get out now while you still can.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.