[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a form check? I want to un-JUST my deadlift. If I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0103_1.webm (3MB, 663x1392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103_1.webm
3MB, 663x1392px
Can I get a form check?

I want to un-JUST my deadlift. If I raise the weight any more than the 2pl8 shown here my back starts to bend, and even here I don't think it's perfect. What am I doing wrong? Note I squat two plate, so I don't think this weight should be an issue.
>>
You don't look like you're setting your core tight at all.
>>
>>39491020
shitty angle but your knees are too far forward, your shins too far away from bar and shoulders look like they are too far back as well. your back also has some weird shape before the pull.

look at alan thralls deadlift video to fix your problems.

when you pull the 2nd time your back starts to round like crazy. no shame in resting a few seconds between pulls and assuming the correct position before you do your next rep.
>>
work on your concentric, bar path is retarded look at it
>>
Widen your feet so your not rasing as much and don't lock your knees.. If you can't practice on working your back straight then you might be better off wearing a belt.. I know that's a shit move but safety first bruh
>>
>>39491020
LMAO2PLATE!1!!
>LMAO2PLATE!!!!!11
>>
>>39491045
>don't lock your knees
what in the actual fuck?
>>
>>39491054
I think he means don't extend your legs straight away, extend your knees and flex your Glutes in one fluid motion
>>
>>39491020
Your knees are locking way too early in the lift, your back isn't even remotely straight, and you should hold the weight at the top of the lift for a split second and thrust your pelvis forward, you arent even completing the lift.
>>
>>39491020
Jesus fucking christ OP. You're not really doing much right. pls watch Alan Thrall's how to deadlift video on youtube before you snap your shit up.
>>
im a dyel noob but what i see is
>starting barbell position is fucked way too far forward, should be over mid foot, and is over toes or even further now

this should fix your knees being too forward and automatically bar path

just a though

probably brace your core harder
>>
File: BBDeadlift.gif (98KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
BBDeadlift.gif
98KB, 160x120px
>>39491020
Pic related is a deadlift. Look how close the bar is to his body while he lifts it. Look how he's standing tall at the end of the lift with his shoulders back. Compare that to whatever the fuck you're doing.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/BBDeadlift.html
>>
>>39491020
Just stop being a scared cat.
>>
>>39491347
>>39491034

>neck beard edgy fagot
>didly 4plate
>looks like total shit
>>
>>39491020
hahaha look at him! look!!!
>>
>>39491020
On the way down you should only start to bend your knees when the bar is below your knees. I think this could fix most problems you have, since you're compensating that bar path with doing other retarded shit.
>>
>>39491020
Pull in your shoulder blades
Widen your stance
Make sure the bar is only traveling in a straight line up and down
Don't bend the knees on the way down until the bar is past them
Keep your core tight
>>
File: 2pl8s deadlift.jpg (34KB, 797x444px) Image search: [Google]
2pl8s deadlift.jpg
34KB, 797x444px
>>39491020
>Two Plates!!!
>>
>>39491020
Good god op.
Stop what you're doing right now and learn the lift.
Starting strength. You obviously haven't read it.
The bar is supposed to be over your feet. Not far in front of your toes. Push dat ass way further out and try to limit knee extension as well as you can.
But what ever you do. Do not keep on doing it this way.
>>
File: giddy-up.gif (101KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
giddy-up.gif
101KB, 160x120px
>>39491366
>>
>>39491020
Did you even research the lift before doing it?
>>
>>39492203
>That filename
kek
>>
Dat bacc doe
>>
>>39491043
down is eccentric, concentric is up
>>
Your knees are too far forward, you aren't activating your hamstrings enough. To fix this, get your feet closer to the bar, nearly touching your shins. Your shoulders should be in front of the bar a bit and yours are actually behind it.
Once you've got a good position on the bar, you need to get your hips higher. The deadlift isn't a squat. Ideally you should be at the top of the lift when you've stood straight up and then the lockout follows. You're actually lifting a significant amount of the lift with your lower back and thus you have lumbar rounding.
So, get closer to the bar, shoulders a tad over the bar, and keep your hips higher.
>>
>>39493257
>Ideally you should be at the top of the lift when you've stood straight up and then the lockout follows
What I mean by this is that by the time you've "used" all of your leg power you still aren't at the top of the lift and ready to lockout. You aren't using your hammies enough and are actually shooting your hips up too early making you have to compensate by lifting with your lower back.
It sounds counter-intuitive, but that's fixed by actually raising your hips when in the starting position.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.