[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important are cleans? I'm DL 225 1x5 and I WAS cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 28kj4hf.jpg (191KB, 855x1000px) Image search: [Google]
28kj4hf.jpg
191KB, 855x1000px
How important are cleans?

I'm DL 225 1x5 and I WAS cleaning 115 3x5 but I noticed on clean days my arms and shoulders would hurt in a "just worked out" kind of way as opposed to a "bruised from the bar" kind of way. So I decided to drop back down to 95 to really focus on my form and I couldn't even get that up.

So my question is: is there any real benefit to alternating cleans and deadlifts? I'm making solid progress on my DL and I feel like I'm just wasting my time when I clean cause I'm trying to get a relatively complex movement and form down when I feel like DL works the same muscles and cuts out the bullshit.

tl;dr
Should I skip cleans and just DL? Or is there a significant advantage to alternating the two?
>>
You do cleans on the non-DL workout so you can recover from the heavy DLs while still training your back.

Also, isn't it power cleans?

I'm assuming this is SS or something.
>>
>>39490020
Yes power cleans and yes SS.

That's fair. But if I'm hitting my macros shouldn't the rest day be enough to recover to DL two days later?
>>
>>39490052
>>
>That's fair. But if I'm hitting my macros shouldn't the rest day be enough to recover to DL two days later?
This is addressed in the program.

Mark writes that you should do deadlift on both days until it starts getting heavy/hard to recover from.
>>
If you have any interest in Oly lifting, you obviously keep the cleans. If you have any interest in sports, you should keep the cleans.

Otherwise, you should fix your shit and keep them but they're not as important. Your deadlifts are, desu, shit, and when they are not shit you aren't going to be able to diddle as often as you are now. Better to figure out how the fuck to clean now than then, I think.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQpn83omEk

Here's a nice vid about deadlifting cues and tips.

make sure you're activating your hams and lats.
>>
>>39490084
Not lifting for sports but still unsure of why I'm lifting. At the moment I'm just enjoying strength gains. And not to get defensive or anything but I've only been lifting for a little under two months so I'm sure my DL isn't great.
>>39490092
I actually followed a lot of Alan Thrall's advice for DL. The main take away was "push your feet through the floor" and it's helped a lot
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.