[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true that you gotta rest big to get big? everytime i take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

is it true that you gotta rest big to get big? everytime i take a day off i feel like a fat lazy fuck, and i usually end up restricting calorie intake. i mean, what the fuck?? isn' that like a disorder or something? anyone else feel autistic about not training? kinda feels guilt-ridden.
>>
>>39489073

ummm... isn't restricting calorie intake akin to being bulimic? not sure, but it sounds like a non healthy mindset.

"you need to learn to relax!"

- goofy
>>
Overttraining is a meme. I really doubt 90% of fit is exercising so hard that they cant lift multiple days in a row .
>>
>>39489163
That's not the problem you fucking retard. Overtraining is when you train too often with too much volume where you so making progress and you start to decline.
>>
>>39489073
Yes, or you're getting a free ticket to Snap City
>>
>>39489163
>>39489175
>>39489155
>>39489073
>>39489179
I expect nothing less from /fit/. Over training is ONLY when you work a muscle that is already sore. I make gains like you wouldn't believe. How?
I pull a CT Fletcher and train arms everyday, chest every two days, back every two days, and legs everyday.
I'm no body builder, but I've worked enough to the point where I can workout like this and then take in the proper nutrients and supplements to be able to recover faster.

Sleep. Protein(Casein at night). And a HUGE meal directly after a lift. Small meals throughout the day every three hours or so.
>>
>>39489198
You got nice genetics if real, gotta admit that

But most people don't have that kind of genetics and luck so these people need to rest sometimes since you also have social life and work, right?
>>
do you train push one day, pull the next? or do you mean you train the whole arm two days in a row?

I would love to train the whole arm every day, and I can take it, but I don't because everyone says it'll stunt the muscles or whatever.
>>
>>39489221
I will admit that I have pretty solid genetics. The thing about getting fit and making gains is that each person is different in some way more than likely.

Of course, some things are scientifically proven(i.e. eating every three hours to maintain anabolic state, etc). But some people, like you said, will recover faster than others. I was powerlifting two years ago. Quit for a year. Started back about two months ago and I didn't realize it then but I can increase muscle mass and strength very quickly simply by doing what I was doing then. It just works for me..

The point I'm trying to make is that getting fit isn't about following someone elses schedule. It's about trial and error until YOU figure out what works best for YOU.
>>
>>39489198

>implying he's an elite athlete, or has the genetic predisposition.

Op, don't listen to this guy. Absolutley take a rest day now and again, ( I make it a point to take at least 1 rest day a week. Sometimes more if it's a busy time of year. Holiday season, for instance). Afterall, Rome wasn't built in a day.
>>
>>39489243
push one day. Pull the next.

>>39489253
If you're not sore, you can workout. It's just about how bad and how quickly you want to get strength. Your body will eventually form into what you mold it. You can say "you NEED to take a rest day", but the honest truth is that you don't know if you need it or not until you put in work on a day that was meant to be rest and see if it changes anything for you/.
>>
>>39489073

>implying we're not all on our rest days whilst shitposting on a Malyasian weaving website.

That's what this stupid website is about right? Shitposting on our rest days. I mean, no one can be so autistic as to browse 4chan while at the gym... r-r-right guys?
>>
>>39489267
>Implying we're at a gym 24/7

Are you pretending to be retarded or what
>>
Tuesday
Incline bench
deadlift
pull ups
leg machines

Thursday
same routine as tuesday

No more lifting till next week
>>
Is this a bro science thread? feels like a bro science thread.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.