[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is pre-workout warmup? I mean do most people just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: gilded armor.png (35KB, 130x240px) Image search: [Google]
gilded armor.png
35KB, 130x240px
How important is pre-workout warmup? I mean do most people just do the exercise like squats with just the bar to warm up or what?
>>
>>39476132
i start with the bar and do 1 set, then add 1 plate and do another set. repeat until 3 plates and then the 5x8 or what ever i'm doing that week
>>
1x15 lightweight
>>
>>39476132
first lift of the day i warm up with 70% of my working set weight and thats about it
>>
>>39476132
I usually do a pretty light dynamic warmup before squats/deadlifts, then do regular warm ups with weight. I feel pretty tight if I don't
>>
>>39476132
I do some stretching before squats/deadlifts, like <5min or so
then warm up sets starting with the bar up to my work set weight
at least three warm up sets, but only on the first few execises, after them maybe one or two warm up sets
I once forgot doing so and my knee felt sore, but thats probably because of an older injury
so its important imo
Cardio before lifting is overrated and a waste of time
>>
Very
>>
>>39476132
I usually warm up with ur 1 rep max
>>
>>39476132

I find it varies depending on the time of year. Do you walk to the gym in winter? Then it's probably a good idea to jump on a rower for a few minutes just to get some blood flowing and get your body temperature up.

In summer I feel fine just walking off the street and going straight to warming up with the barbell, but in winter I need some time for my joints to get warmer and loosen up.
>>
Was just wondering if streching is necessary or is it enough to just warm lightweight
>>
>>39476132
I just start with the bar and add a plate or so on each warm up set until im near my working weight. This doesn't really work if you lift less than 3 pl8 on a given lift so I digress. Maybe only half plates if you are dyel
>>
>>39476132

I warm up with incrimental weight building up to my working weight. So like 45 x 10, 95 x 8, 135 x 5, 185 x 3, then 225 is my working weight.
>>
>>39476132

surprise nobody here lifts

its very important to get your temperature and heart rate up, lock in your tech, then progress up to working weight. warmup usually includes prehab as well
>>
I usually drink mine with cold water but I guess a warm glass of pre might be cozy during winter
>>
I do like 3 reps of bar - 30% working weight - 70% working weight.
I don't bother for rows though, just because I can't be assed to keep bending over to change the plates.
>>
>>39476132
for 5 rep stuff its best to do 1 set with the bar one 60% and one with 80% of your working weight
>>
How much can I DL if I wear gilded addy armor to the gym?
>>
TYPICAL DAY
>5 min bike
>~10 min dynamic stretching, shoulder dislocates, foam rolling
>1x10 squat bar
>1x8 good morning bar
>1x10 squat bar
>1x8 good morning bar
>1x8 50% work weight
>1x4 75% work weight
>1x2 90% work weight
>>
>>39476719
Incase somebody wants to do the math: Excluding the weapon and kiteshield that set of armour would weigh 21.77kg.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.