[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I look for in a gym? I'm looking at getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: weights.jpg (199KB, 960x447px) Image search: [Google]
weights.jpg
199KB, 960x447px
What should I look for in a gym?

I'm looking at getting into fitness stuff, and I've read the sticky, but I don't have any idea how to choose a good gym.

Are there any big red flags that the newbie wouldn't know about? Is a YMCA good?

I'm mostly looking for a place to go and do my workout since I don't have anywhere I can set up a bench or the like in my apartment, and I'll probably stay on track better if there's no computer around to distract me.
>>
I go to my local YMCA, it's in a suburb, and very nice. I go in the early afternoon in the weekday, and theres nothing but old people and the occasional college guy/girl in there. Free weights all to myself.
>>
You can make due with pretty much anything so long as they have a rack. Some way to do dips would be something to look out for but you can figure something out if that's not explicitly available.
>>
>>39475621
off the top of my head
>free weights (barbell and dumbell)
>bench
>powercage (greater than sign) squatrack
>pull up bar
>dip machine/apparatus
anything else is just niche equipment for this or that
>>
>>39475621
Need more info.

Do you travel often? Whats your budget? What kind of gym do you want? What times of the day are you going to go train? Planet fitness is a very different animal than World Gym or even 24 hour fitness
>>
>>39475621

Generally speaking, the more extensive their free-weight section is, the better.
>>
>>39475741
>Do you travel often?
Almost never
>Whats your budget?
Could probably throw $50-$75 a month at this
>What kind of gym do you want?
Mostly just a place where I have easy access to weights and freedom from distractions. Not too into classes or personal training
>What times of the day are you going to go train?
Probably weekday afternoons

Also, if a local college has a weight training class, that usually means they have a gym setup, right? Do they usually check admission or can any student go in and use it during off hours?
>>
>>39475806
>New huge powerlifting and oly gym opens in town
>Them shiny eleiko sets
>Huge row of powercages
>Comp benches
>Indoor running track with plastic grass and similar memes you only see in YouTube
>PT coached the national oly team
Its 100 fucking euros a month man
Fucking Jews
OP beware the Jews
>>
>>39475855
Thats it, yeah. My experience in College gyms is theyre really nice and advanced, but very crowded and no one cleans up after themselves. Lots of good looking girls though. If youre willing to throw that much money at it, id look for a World Gym if possible. Good equipment, lots of mirrors, lots of free weights and everyone is there to work. 24 hour super sport would be just behind that.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.