[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think of my diet? Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 slices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bacon-eggs.jpg (266KB, 1600x1018px) Image search: [Google]
bacon-eggs.jpg
266KB, 1600x1018px
What does /fit/ think of my diet?

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon

Lunch: Chicken breast, spinach and mixed fresh vegetables with avacado

Dinner: Usually random, chicken breast or steak is a favorite though, with more spinach and avacado.

Snacks: Apples, Oranges, handful of nuts, depends on the day.

Going for a moderate to high fat low carb diet, eating about 2000 calories. Current weight is 308, was 330 about 1 month ago.

A video got posted here awhile back that talked about fat vs carbs and how they affect your body. Almost every diabetic I know who has their sugars under control have reduced/cut carbs. I am 24 and dont have the beetus, but my dad has had it for over a decade now and I want to try avoiding it if I can.
>>
>Eating 3 meals a day.
WEW
Get on an RCA stack.
Do intermittent fasting and eat 1 large meal a day full of meat and vegetables.
>>
>>39472337
*ECA

Also, those "handful of nuts" are probably like 500 calories and you're way above your 2000 calorie goal.
>>
At that weight you should only really care about calories.

count/weigh everything you eat. Grossly over estimate what you eat, and if you do any form of cardio/walking grossly under estimate your calories burned.
>>
>>39472337
>>39472343

I know Im going to get BTFO over this, but I dont want to use supplements, not even whey.

And that handful of nuts is actually a 1/4 cup. I know how calorie dense nuts are. thats usually why I dont eat them.

>>39472347

Yea, I dont even factor in any exercise I do. Im eating anywhere between 1800-2000cal a day, and I make sure to portion everything.
>>
>my dad has had it for over a decade now and I want to try avoiding it if I can.
Well with your current diet you're straight on the path to diabetes, especially if you have a genetic predisposition.
>>
>>39472583

explain.
>>
>>39472595
You are eating a shit ton of fat, fatty animal products and meat, not nearly enough fiber, and you are basically doing the exact opposite of what every scientific, dietetic, government and expert organization on the planet says a healthy diet should look like.

You also seem to be basing your diet and health on YouTube videos and anecdotal observations rather than either expert opinion or a review of the scientific literature.

If you demand to have it explained in a video, feel free to check out the BBC Horizon documentary Sugar vs. Fat. In it, two identical twins go on a high-sugar and high-fat diet respectively. Spoiler: The guy on the high-fat diet goes from healthy to prediabetic after a month, the guy on the high-sugar diet is more insulin-sensitive, aside from also performing better both mentally and physically.
>>
>>39472644

I dont understand it. If sugars and carbs affect your blood sugar and your pancreas cant keep up, how could a high sugar diet possibly work for a diabetic? Its the exact opposite of what your pancreas can deal with.

Im not basing my diet and health off youtube, Im basing it off diabtecs i know who have their diabetes under control.

One guy hasnt touched a carb in 20 years(or so he says). His blood sugar levels are all in the normal range though, instead of 12-20 like my dads(who eats carbs).

Im still going to check out that documentary though.
>>
>>39472330
dont listen to these fucking morons OP. That is a pretty solid meal plan. I started at 330lb, now down to 275lb. My advice would be is that you get away with eating as many vegetables and as much lean meat as you want. The only downside is that you have really got to watch how you cook everything. Oils are ridiculously dense in calories and you will soon smash way over your limit without even knowing about it. The more ways you can find to cook food without any oil will make things much easier. Also, if your bowls are anything like mine, I would get some psyllium husks into your diet, you can buy them in pill form which you take a few times a day, really helps get some decent fibre into your diet.

The main point however is to have no sugary foods at all, and dont go to mad on dairy. You can pretty much right off any day that you eat a fucking chocolate bar, or have a sugary drink. If every time you reach for something shit to eat you acknowledge that you will not lose any weight that day, then it will make things easier. Thats not to say you should never eat crap again but remember the days in which you do will slow you down in reaching your goal. I personally never eat any shit while my myself or at home and save these shitty meals for social events and special occasions.

anyway, best of luck to you op
>>
>>39472686
You don't have diabetes. So first of all why are you even concerned about what a diabetic eats or does not eat?
And are you talking about type 1 or type 2 diabetes (in your dad or elsewhere)?
>>
>>39472583
>>39472595
>>39472644
Please don't listen to this vegan retard.
>>
>>39472330
OP this diet is perfect my friend
>>
>>39472810

Type 2, and because my grandfather died from complications of it, and my dad has had it for a long time. Though I suppose your right, if it's not the beetus it will probably be ass cancer, which is also hereditary. We're all doomed.

>>39472808

Thanks man, I like the mind set you have for not eating unhealthy shit, I'll keep that in mind. I understand what you mean about oils too, I like to cook with Teflon if I'm frying anything, that non stick technology is pretty amazing. If I do add olive oil I add to taste, usually only a teaspoon or so. A little goes a long way.

Congrats on your progress by the way, good job my man

>>39472824
>>39472825

Thanks guys, I figure if I'm losing weight and feeling good it can't be that bad. Plus a lot of people seem to complain about low sex drive or lack of motivation when cutting. I haven't experienced that, in fact I'd probably say I have a higher sex drive now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.