[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need halp I know I need to quit drinking soda but I just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I need halp

I know I need to quit drinking soda but I just can't bring myself to do it. It just tastes so damn good and it's really fucking refreshing. Plus working in a restaurant I'm constantly within instant access to a free fizzy beverage with the push of a button. I can't eat certain things without soda because I've been pairing them together my entire life.

How did you give up soda?
>>
>>39461496
holy shit please tell me you're not this much of a weak willed faggot that you can't drink water instead of soda
>>
Switch to carbonated water
>>
>>39461496
just stopped drinking it all together. now i only drink water or carbonated water
>>
>>39461496
Every time you're just about to fill the glass, ask yourself:
"Does this make me happy?"
>>
File: perrier_750ml.jpg (37KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
perrier_750ml.jpg
37KB, 650x650px
Perrier
>>
>>39461496
Make sure President Elect Donald Trump tells you to put the soda down.
>>
>>39461496
diet soda and sparkling water
>>
>>39461603
OP here
I hate people who drink diet soda thinking it's actually making any kind of a difference.

I'm just going to have to quit soda the same way I quit smoking and deny the urges.
>>
>>39461607
>ah shit I have to use willpower and discipline

wow no shit
>>
Dude.. soda fucking sucks. Commit to stopping cold turkey for a month and drinking only water; then see how you feel when you have that first sip.
>>
>>39461633
Ok I will try this, thanks
>>
>>39461633
Can confirm it tastes like poison after abstaining and trying after a good while.
>>
>>39461496
If you can just quit, then do it.

If you need help, transition yourself. I can help you break it down to two steps. I had trouble quitting because I was constantly faced with it working in a restaurant. So in two steps are two things you need to work on. Keep in mind one thing - It takes 66 days for habit to kick in. Set yourself a goal that by the end of the 66th day you will be soda free.

The first step is to bring a bottle with you everywhere. Tell yourself that by the end of your shift/school/activity that the water will be drank, and by ALL means refill the bottle and drink it again. Do this every day for the next 66 days.

The second step is a bit harder and will take some time. You're in the position I was in, working in a restaurant, always around soda and sometimes you need that boost! For energy, you can switch to coffee mixed with natural locally grown honey - thats how I take mine. But you need to ween yourself off of the soda. Start by drinking only one cup a day. You can do this for about 22 days. Just a cup, thats it. Make that your limit. Now extend that for 22 days - to only have a cup every other day. As youre drinking this while you have the water, you will feel your body and complexion feel better. And by feel better, inside and out you will feel healthier. Now for the last 22 days, drink a cup once a week. Trust me, by the end of the 66 days you wouldn't even want anymore soda. You will taste coke and it will burn.

Thats it! If you cant quit, do it that way. Its super effective and you will get used to drinking your daily fluid goals.
>>
>>39461607
there's no calories in it, that's the difference
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.