[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Fittards. I'm getting back in to weightlifting, going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: liaohui.jpg (73KB, 527x471px) Image search: [Google]
liaohui.jpg
73KB, 527x471px
Hey Fittards.
I'm getting back in to weightlifting, going to start doing Oly lifting since it's always interested me and seems like a great way to hit a lot of muscle groups in a few single lifts.

Question is, do you guys have any advice on beginner routines for Oly lifting? I've seen a few routines that are basically Snatches, C&J's, Front Squats, and overhead pushes. You guys got any suggestions though?
>>
Whatever you do, NEVER train without a coach. Get an oly gym membership, and if there aren't any, forget about oly altogether. You can seriously harm yourself without proper coaching.
Also, >>39442421
>>
You should start by doing lots of clean pulls, snatch pulls, squats,front squats and overhead press before really getting into the classic lifts.
>>
>>39454378
>a great way to hit a lot of muscle groups in a few single lifts
Oly lifts aren't really there to build muscle and you'll tend to see that people who mostly train oly lifts have bigger leg than upper body development. Every lifter you see with a body like lu or similar are doing a shitton of upper body assistance.
I'm not saying you shouldn't do them, but they're not a good muscle builder and surely not for upper body.
Also listen to >>39454410
>>
>>39454681
>Every lifter you see with a body like lu or similar are doing a shitton of upper body assistance.
yeah, the chinese are famous for doing lots of assistance work. they have this theory that everything should be in balance.

and for example klokov said in one of his videos that he feels pressured to look a certain way because it's part of his brand/image now.

so basically, the oly lifters who look great do so because they train for it. the ones who only do oly lifting typically don't look that amazing.
>>
>>39454378
this isn't liao hui
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.