[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When your depression meds kick in and all you can think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 1461354093585.jpg (12KB, 251x237px) Image search: [Google]
1461354093585.jpg
12KB, 251x237px
>When your depression meds kick in and all you can think about is killing yourself
>>
>>39441416

That's not how depression meds work, they don't 'kick in' mate.
>>
>>39441416

it just doesnt seem worth it anymore brehs
>>
Yeah takes 6-8 weeks. They do cause suicidal idealization sometimes especially if you might actually be bipolar.
>>
File: edgelord.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>39441422
n-no, you just d-don't get it! M-my life is so hard! I'm so d-depressed!!!
>>
>>39441416
>depression meds
good goy
>>
>>39441435

This is incorrect. They take approximately 21 days to reach a level where you'd expect them to have a positive effect. The most dangerous period for suicidality is in this pre21-day period.
>>
>>39441449
The funny thing is that there are some people who have seemingly terrible lives who are not depressed while others are legitimately depressed with nothing going on to cause it. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>39441468

Depression has nothing to do with how good/bad your 'life' is, it is a combination of psychological problems and chemical problems.
>>
>>39441468

I'm the latter. Decently attractive, bretty /fit/, 6 figure job at a fortune 500 company, live in a dope house near the beach, surf and climb a decent amount, travel every few months, absolute soul crushing depression. Idk whats wrong with me m8s
>>
>>39441475
I know. I'm saying a person may not have environmental factors that are apparent to others and they are often expected to pull themselves up or stop being lazy.
>>
>>39441486
Sure you are
>>
>>39441492
I'm a girl and people say I can't be depressed. Rustles me.
>>
>>39441486
>Decently attractive
pro tip if you wanna fake depression stop mentioning your "good" features
ppl with depression hate everything about themselves
>>
>>39441508

Never heard anyone say grills can't be depressed. All the worst cases of depression/suicide I've worked have been girls. You're all crafty as fuck when it comes to concealing shit.
>>
>>39441508
Who the fuck other than neckbeard losers would say that?
>>
>>39441508

it might help to stop browsing /r9k/
>>
>>39441520
I think it's because I can still get laid it's supposed to prevent I guess.
>>
>>39441514

This is also untrue. While a lot of people with depression may be somewhat self-loathing they are more likely to be quite confident/self-aggrandizing socially to make up for this.

If you want to 'act' depressed then act like a normal person because the vast majority of people with depressive disorders are completely innocuous in day to day life.
>>
>>39441528
Fair point.
>>
>>39441533
t.somebody has never been depressed
let me guess you take long walks and lift weights to relieve stress to deal with your self-diagnosed depression
>>
>>39441544

I have had issues with depression in the past but I wouldn't say I'm depressed currently. I do however have an MD and a residency in psychiatry with an interest in the area; for what it's worth.
>>
>>39441544
It is true. Some people are able to put on an act. Doesn't make someone better or worse.
>>
>>39441529
>I can still get laid it's supposed to prevent I guess
Wtf. Therefore someone in a relationship can't get depressed because he can fugg once in a while?

>>39441514
Not really an expert with depression, but aren't depressed ppl supposed to feel 'empty'? Self-hatred wouldn't really fit that description.
Also it is absolutely possible to say 'I'm decently attractive' while feeling like absolute shit, just like you can say 'I'm a decent footballer' even though you're depressed af. I mean, it's a somewhat objective statement.
>>
>>39441514
i was severely depressed to the point i was locked up in mental ward for a month, diagnosis was depression and i always thought of myself being attractive

you have no clue what youre talking about, not everybody depressed is an ugly & fat teenage girl
>>
>>39441565
Some feel empty. Some feel sad. Some feel anger.
>>
>>39441514

>you're not really depressed, you're faking it!
what every depressed person wants to hear, t-thanks /fit/

idk I see a psych and he's done a great job of making me hate myself less by blaming all my problems on my shitty parents so thats p cool I guess. Still ended up a hollow person who never got an education, can't care for people, get excited for my hobbies, or pursue any long-term goals

A-at least I hit 1/2/3/4 a while ago tho right?
>>
>>39441556
you do realize that being empty state still allows that lil voice in your head tell you how shitty and garbage you are right?
which reinforces you to stay in that state of mind because whats the point?
>>39441590
looks like you still need therapy m8 i can hear the self-hated coming from you
>>
>>39441590

Just agreeing with this as I did above. How someone talks or feels about themselves is not an absolute indicator of depression. There are a number of criteria, self-loathing or self-guilt is merely one of these not the defining one.
>>
>>39441605

Just because being in an 'empty state' allows for this doesn't mean that it always does or must to be considered depression. You're talking in black and white about a large spectrum that defines depression.
>>
It's just like when you're married and you see other women; as long as you don't actually do it, you can think about it all you want.
>>
>>39441605
>looks like you still need therapy m8 i can hear the self-hated coming from you
You got btfo, now shut up you fucking autist
>>
>>39441619
>>39441628
let me finish my fapping and i'll explain in detail why both of you are wrong
>>
>>39441651

You realize I'm not talking subjectively right? I'm telling you what anyone who is a psychiatrist will tell you is true. It's not a subjective science, there's a set of criteria we use to diagnose depressive disorders...your 'opinion' doesn't count in this conversation, regardless of your anecdotes.
>>
>>39441416
Paxil absolute shit. I am still angry I was given it as a kid

GlaxoSmithKline a shit
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.