[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do everyone praise the squat so much? i literally hate the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Frosk.png (20KB, 255x251px) Image search: [Google]
Frosk.png
20KB, 255x251px
why do everyone praise the squat so much? i literally hate the exercise and i dread the days i have to do it. what is so special about it and why cant i just do leg press and deadlifts instead?
>>
Because curlbros don't squat and avoid legs almost entirely.

So people online take it to the other extreme and do a ridiculous amount of legs so they cannot be accused of being a curlbro.
>>
>>39436360
so i can just do leg press and deadlifts and get about the same results?
i really hate squats
>>
>>39436348
You don't have to do it

It's literally unimportant unless you're into Olympic weightlifting or powerlifting.

I stopped squatting after I had a hip injury and I realized that it's pretty much useless and I never enjoyed it all that much. So I stopped doing it.
>>
You'll still make gains just doing leg press if that's really all you want to do. Just make sure you're getting rom. You just miss out on stabilizers and back workout from standing
>>
File: 1477502730472.jpg (160KB, 629x828px) Image search: [Google]
1477502730472.jpg
160KB, 629x828px
Reminder
>>
File: Rippetoe on Squatting.png (20KB, 664x91px) Image search: [Google]
Rippetoe on Squatting.png
20KB, 664x91px
>>39436403

Reminder
>>
>>39436403
Why do people always look at pro BB for reference?
Unless you roid yourself their training and what works for them is fundamentally different from yours.
>>
Are hack squats any good? Do they put much pressure on your lower back?
>>
>>39436348

Just do deadlifts

fuck the squat, just homo wannabe shill them

and only dyels do them, swole dudes do deadlifts and then do other shit

squat doesn't even have a good carryover to real life, unless you want to jump high or something like that lol, you could be better just doing farmer walks and sprinting
>>
File: 1462608234984.png (15KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1462608234984.png
15KB, 420x420px
No fucking lift is mandatory. It's good to do compounds, it's good to work your lower body enough, but the_barbell_back_squat is not required or magical, just a (very) good exercise (for most).

It's good that you DL. Maybe include bulgarian squats or something.
>>
Lots of posters on /fit/ were fatties to begin with. Fat people have stronger legs starting out, so they're usually the strongest out of their friends when it comes to squats.
>>
>>39436437
not really true, at least as far as the effectiveness of a leg press vs a squat goes

your quads only understand mechanical tension, not the exercise you are using to achieve it

if you only care about quad size and don't want to squat, you can get your quad stimulation in other ways

>>39436410
[citation needed]
>>
I've been trying to squat correctly for two years nd I just can't get it right. I ended upw ith a hernia, took a few months off after surgery, tried again and my hip flexor was killing me. Took another six months off and did lunges instead, then wen tback to squats and am getting the same issue.

It's incredibly frustrating. I'm stretching, I'm doing babbyweight to focus on form, I'm dropping into the hole under control.

I'm not even seening any hypertrophy. I just dont' think my body is built for the movement.
>>
>>39436773

>Persisting so much that you got a hernia

Just try front squats
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.