[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm twink mode. 165 pounds but athletic. Can anyone out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Gucci-Man-video.jpg (34KB, 700x407px) Image search: [Google]
Gucci-Man-video.jpg
34KB, 700x407px
I'm twink mode. 165 pounds but athletic. Can anyone out there that was in my position tell me how long it took them to reach 1/2/3/4. This is probably a stupid thread but i'm wondering if it can be done in a year or less.
I bench and squat 135x5 (not joking they are the same) haven't really ever dead lifted. My The Press is 85x5.
>>
>>39433608
In the same boat as you. Bench is 132.5, and OHP is 95 but Squat is only 140 and diddy is 165.
>tfw pathetic posterior chain
>>
>>39433608
under 10 months

disclaimer: i played sports throughout HS and it wasn't the first time i've picked up a weight. not possible for day 1 NEET's.

realistically you can expect 1/2/3/4 within 1-2 years, depends on how much effort you put in
>>
>>39433719
Thx
>>
>>39433608
here's my progress after ~4 months

ohp: 30 kg -> 55
bench: 30 kg -> 90
squat: 40 kg -> 130
deadlift: 60 kg -> 145
chinups: bw -> 30 kg
dips: bw -> 45 kg

almost there. don't think i'll hit 1pl8 on OHP by the end of the year but 3pl8 squat is possible and maybe 4pl8 diddy
>>
>>39433608
The point of overtraining is different for different people and at different stages of development. After the first month of training hard and being extremely sore people are healing faster and able to push themselves harder with less risk of overtraining. Same goes for the second month and so on etc.

Discipline your mind and listen to what your body is telling you so you can red line it without overheating. There is an art to doing that and if you can develop that through knowing yourself people will think you're on gear.

Varying your routine and including things you don't necessarily want to do can be very beneficial in this regard, challenge your CNS to adapt to new movements and speeds. Working with a spotter is also very helpful.
>>
>>39433987
>almost 10lb a week progression from sub half pl8 to almost 2pl8

Nice meme. Your starting weights are stupid as fuck too.
>>
>>39433608
>My The Press
lol good lurking my twinkfiend.
>>
>>39433608
A The Press™ fitness lift is a registered trademark. Please use the appropriate symbol.
>>
>>39434133
i focused on form at start. i could probably start higher on all lifts but with shit form and only injure myself. what's the point then?

i wasn't exactly weak when i started but i wouldn't call myself strong either. was somewhat normal i guess. did some bodyweight stuff before i started lifting
>>
>>39433608
how long this will take you for each individual lift is widely variable, depending on your proportions and previous athletic background

You really shouldn't worry about how long it takes you, as long as you're following a program, eating and sleeping a lot, and keeping good form.

It's a process anon, don't be discouraged by how long it takes
>>
>>39433608
>squat and bench on same level

Are you lowering the bar to your chest?
DESU, I could only achieve 2 plate bench on roids, DL natty at 4 plate.
>>
>>39433608
Started at 150 in feb. wasn't a total DYEL cuz of previous lifting before I quit for about a year, but being a 150 skelly I was basically.

Currently 165 and 5x110/200/265/290. Started Phraks about two months ago and when I started it was ~ 5x85/170/215/240 (don't remember exact) after doing lmaobrosplits for months where I didn't track my progress.

Just pick a good starting program, write everything down, and keep focused and you'll see results. Don't know how long it will be until I hit 1/2/3/4 but I'm hoping to keep progressing as best I can
>>
>>39433608
how long this will take you for each individual lift is widely variable, depending on your proportions and previous athletic background

You really shouldn't worry about how long it takes you, as long as you're following a program, eating and sleeping a lot, and keeping good form.

It's a process anon, don't be discouraged by how long it takes
>>
>>39434265

And the efficiency of your technique. There's a real difference between reaching a 2plate bench with a full powerlifter style setup versus being able to hit it with a more BBing style bench position. And so on for most lifts.

Genetics also make a retarded difference. Even a few millimetres of difference in tendon attachment point can move your effective strength by ten or twenty percent.
>>
>>39434189
When you post your progress you post your maxes. Anyone can bench the bar on monday then bench 315 on tuesday and say the went up to 3 plates in 1 day
>>
File: hellogoodbye.jpg (87KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
hellogoodbye.jpg
87KB, 600x456px
>>39434202

>roiding for bench numbers I hit in varsity football at age 17

If it makes you feel worse a 16 year old hit 3pl8 bench on that same team
>>
>>39434398
except that kind of drastic increase didn't happen

the point of the thread was not 1rm but was about reaching a certain weight goal. i just wrote my current max and where i roughly started
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.