[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would lifting at a regular gym help me fix a hunchback or should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Would lifting at a regular gym help me fix a hunchback or should I seek specialized help?

>tfw lost a bunch of weight only to realize I still have an ugly as fuck body
>>
Posture and stretching exercises will help more than lifting.
>>
anecdotally, lifting will help a good bit with posture.

>>39426375
got source on that?
>>
>>39426375
>posture will help correct posture

Retard
>>
>>39426371
Lift. Stretch. Try yoga it will fix you right up.
>>
>>39426386
he means posture exercises you dumbfuck learn to read
>>
>>39426375
>Posture and stretching exercises

I tried a few of those on my own, but they felt awkward and I didn't know whether I was doing them right or not. I feel like machine at the gym would help me get in the proper stance. But yea, I get what you mean.

Moreover, is there a point where bad posture can't be fixed without surgery? Mine's pretty bad, and I'm already at my late 20's.
>>
>>39426392
Same thing, too vague. Stretching is self explanatory.
>>
>>39426371

Just force yourself to stand and sit up straight all the time. Shoulders back, head aligned over pelvis. It will be uncomfortable and you will have to recorrect yourself every minute or so until it becomes habit.

You got shitty posture by constantly being in a bad position. The best way to correct it is by constantly forcing yourself into a good position. Doing exercises and stretches that are supposed to help and then walking around with your default posture the rest of the time isn't going to do shit.

Stretching usually doesn't help because most people are flexible enough to assume correct posture, they just aren't actively doing it. Can you pull your shoulders and head back into a decent position? Well then you already have the requisite flexibility.

Strengthening exercises usually don't help much either because it doesn't take a lot of strength to assume a correct posture.

>>39426404

Unless you're old enough to have arthritis, calcification and degenerative tissues, you can 100% correct your posture without surgery.
>>
>>39426424
>i didn't understand what he meant and i'm somehow unable to look things up myself so what he said is too vague
just kill yourself. if that's too vague get a rope and tie one end around a roof beam and the other around your neck and hang by it.
>>
>>39426371
strengthen your back. focus on form.
learn what a neutral spine is.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.