[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is PPL patrician if I am intermediate (6 months of lifting).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1471094969792.gif (2MB, 315x293px) Image search: [Google]
1471094969792.gif
2MB, 315x293px
Is PPL patrician if I am intermediate (6 months of lifting).
Worth noting, I dont know squat or DL form, neither do I know most bench exercises
I have read the sticky btw
>>
>>39426213
Pretty sure your being an "intermediate" lifter is judged by your lifts, not how long you have been in the gym
But to answer your question, give it a try and see if you like it.
>>
File: wojak193wojakextreme.jpg (344KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak193wojakextreme.jpg
344KB, 633x758px
>>39426317
I will...... Thank you.....
>>
>>39426213
so you're a beginner
>>
>>39426317
No, it's based on how quickly you can progress.
>>
Currently doing a modified PPL routine rn
Can say it is probably the best i've done.
I've only done that and a brosplit but brosplits are more for after you've already been lifting for more than a few years and mainly want to focus on isolation exercises to even out muscle symmetry etc etc

When i did a brosplit my shoulders and traps blew up and I looked like I was wearing body armor until I evened out the rest of my body with PPL
>>
Thank you anons. Should I just do the Leddit PPL? How did you modify your routine?
>>
>>39426213
So you've been lifting for 6 months yet you don't know your dl and squat form.
>>
>>39426576
I've been doing machines only pham..
>>
>>39426584
Well, that's stupid.

>>39426573
Just pick whatever routine and follow it for a few months without modifying it.
If you really haven't been doing squats and deadlifts, I'd recommend starting strength (with rows instead of power cleans) or stronglifts (but 3x5 instead of 5x5).
>>
This is the norm. Most of those that think they got it are wrong. Squat and DL evolve with the lifter. Low bar High bar wide stance closed stance ...

Hell you considered a novice at squat till you can out up your own body weight leeway for very fat people is given.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm
>>
It takes years to build the frame then years more to build the walls. Its not a race its a journey.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm
>>
>>39426631
>>39426645
Those strength "standards" help no one.
>>
>>39426654
they are plenty indicative of a person's progress because it comes from coaches with years of experience with a number of different trainees. you sound butthurt that you can't make those lifts. which of course makes sense because you don't even squat or dead.

>talking to co worker
>dude has been working out for years
>finally squat for the first time
>holy shit man
>why did i even bother with leg presses and shit
>nod
>>
other anon, can I use dumbells for rows and still make good progress?
>>
>>39426682
I'm not OP.

They're not indicative of a person's progress, because some people can get way stronger way faster than others.

And they also delude people into think they should do intermediate/advanced programming when they shouldn't.

>>39426691
Unlike the other lifts, dumbell rows are perfectly fine to replace barbell rows with.
>>
File: 1374192432729.png (270KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1374192432729.png
270KB, 500x333px
>>39426213
>intermediate
>I don't know how to squat or deadlift
nice bait
>>
So I will start doing SS for a few months then move onto PPL?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.