[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what to do anymore. I was doing so well, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: img.jpg (40KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
40KB, 640x500px
I don't know what to do anymore. I was doing so well, I've lost ten pounds in the past month(still a mega fatty) but I end up rebounding back every time I do. One day I just snap and end up getting a shit ton of fast food on the way home or something. Or someone pisses me off and I eat a shit ton of rice or pasta.

I don't know how to get better. Have any recovering fatties found a way?
>>
>>39424293
Eat many small times throughout the day. That way your stomach will stop being able to hold large quantities of food.
>>
>>39424293
You are pathetic
>>
>>39424305
This. Small meals with lots of fiber, like beans and veggies with some meat or eggs and you'll sometimes feel like you got to eat more but you won't be able to.
>>
I tried doing the 'cold turkey' method and prepping all my meals, but it didn't work for me because I was so used to a large amount of god awful food.

Take it one step at a time.

For instance, I like going to lunch because it gets me out of my shitty office for an hour. Meal prepping made it a pain in the ass to do and meant it was hard to give up.

So instead I just started making small steps away from my shitty habits. First I start with soda. Cut that shit out. I'd still have a can or two on the weekends, but during my lunches I'd just go water. I'd still be eating McDonalds or Wendy's or whatever but I was cutting probably 400 calories out of my day just from doing that.

Start with that for a couple of weeks until I didn't have the craving for soda anymore. I just got into the habit of sticking with water.

Great.

So then I took the next step. Instead of getting the jumbo meal at McDonalds, I'd just get the small. Sure, I wasn't filled to bursting after every meal, but the small is plenty of food for anyone.

Eventually I got used to that too. Started taking smaller portions and started curbing my appetite for large meals.

Making small changes over a longer, sustainable period of time helped me, maybe it'll help you. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm about 40 pounds down. Good luck senpai.
>>
When you go to mcbeetus or whatever, get a small instead of a large. Don't try to make too many changes at once. Cold turkey is hard enough with cigarettes that you dont need to live, let alone food. t. lost 80lb since January, was fat fuck eating mcd every single day.
>>
>>39424335
Truth
>>
Thanks. Seems like soda is my biggest enemy, I drink so much (like 6 cans a day).
>>
You should be eating a lot of rice and pasta, idiot. What else would you be eating? Don't tell me you're doing low-carb, for heaven's sake. No shit you rebound back if you don't eat enough carbs.

And do you actually eat plain rice and pasta, with no sauce, no cheese, no meat, no oil? Because I seriously doubt that this ever happens when fat people talk about rice and pasta.
>>
>>39425120
I'm a fatty who "fell" for the low carb meme, but it actually worked for me, lost about 60 lbs in 5 months, i actually really liked just eating green veggies and lean proteins, i was always full throughout the day and it was easy to reach 1.5k cals day that way, which was a pretty good deficit to have while also reaching my protein goal everyday

after 4 months of not giving a shit i still only gained 20 of those 60lbs back which I've already lost after i got back on track

I get that it may be a meme and whatever but this "rebound" shit is something that will happen if you don't have the willpower, regardless of your diet.
>>
>>39424293
You're either ALL IN or you're ALL OUT. There are no half measures in your situation.

Also make sure you're not cutting your carbs too low; I had the same problem ages ago and it was because I was eating a seriously low amount of carbs/high protein which was giving me carb cravings.

Since I upped my carbs (still eat high protein) I've been fine and not felt the urge to binge on carbs. I eat lots of wholemeal bread/wholemeal rice with good portions of chicken breast or fish fillets.
>>
>>39424293
you cant gain 10lbs back in a single fast food binge meal.

Work on doing something other when stress triggers you, you know what sets you off, so you need to find an alternative outlet.

Dont be put off by a single binge, it will happen, learn from it, think about what you could do to avoid it and focus on the progress you have made to that point, how much better you feel and what you end goal is.
>>
>>39425548
>this "rebound" shit is something that will happen if you don't have the willpower, regardless of your diet.
The rebound happens when people fail to adjust their habits to eat a normal, healthy diet that is sustainable long-term.

The long-term success for low-carb diets is abysmal, it has nothing to do with "willpower". When you starve your body of carbs, it's inevitable that you will overeat at a later point and gain back weight.

When you eat enough carbs every day, you won't have "cravings" (hunger) for junk food. "Cravings" for junk food is what happens when your body needs carbs but you never learned how to eat carbs from something other than junk food. So you need to learn to eat plain potatoes, plain rice, plain pasta and then do that.
>>
>>39424293
drink coffee and start smoking if you really want to lose weight
>>
>>39425595
>>39425567
>>39425120

This

I went super low carb and lasted 5 or 6 days at a time before binging every single time due to carb cravings.

I then ate a balanced diet of high protein/medium carb from decent sources such as wholegrain rice, wholegrain bread along with veggies. Since doing that I never had anymore problems and reached my goal weight.
>>
>>39424293
>someone pisses me off and I eat rice/pasta

>fuck this asshole
>I better eat some pasta right now
>what fucking asshole
>ye, come here you fucking noodle I'm gonna chew you to death
>yeah how you like that you fucking piece of shit
>fuck better get some rice too
>>
>>39424293
Diets don't work. Systems work. Your system, with one cheat day a week (with a limit), is to do one thing every day to improve your eating habits; example is to eat only really healthy meals one day, or to decide to quit a certain unhealthy food from that day on, or to remove/add something in the kitchen, or to change a habit to a more healthy version, or anything. The system works because you are succeeding every day by following the system, and the changes made to your lifestyle are gradual and simple. Diets are immediate shift into hardship, and then it falls apart one day and you feel like trash. Diets hurt your brain. Systems actually work. It's psychology in a way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.