[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fullbody when working manual labor? I'm digging and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

How to fullbody when working manual labor? I'm digging and moving stuff 10 hours a day, sometimes more. How do you other construction brehs do it? I'd upper lower if I felt confident on my ability to progress with the squat and deadlift on the same day right now.

How does this seem? Any 4 day full body programs out there? I'd run GSLP but I want to place more of an emphasis on the deadlift.

A
Ohp
Deadlift
Overhead shrug and neckwork

B
Squat
Pendlay row and seated calve raise
Reverse grip Bench

ABxABxx

Practicing power clean form, to become main back movement.
Optional chins, and landmine lateral raises whenever.
Daily 100 band facepulls maymay
Going up 5lbs a week

Not going to bother with running for a while either
>>
>>39424202
What can you fit into your schedule? Full body while doing construction is just not do-able, at least not for me. I do concrete construction and usually work ~10-12 hours a day, I started with a PPL program because it was less time in the gym than a fullbody routine.
>>
>>39424231
With three exercises I spend about 40-60mins.
My goal is to get a strong press, deadlift and squat, and fullbody or upper lower seem to be the best ways to get there.

I'm concerned about breaking up the fullbody into 4 days though, I imagine it's not ideal, but neither is trench digging.

What's your PPL look like?
>>
Hard to get gains with manual labor, go hard on your off days. Give it some time until work doesn't exhaust you, then build your way back to to regular routines if you can. I wasn't able to get my full routines in just because I wouldn't be able to do my job well the next day, but just try your best bro
>>
File: concrete-screed.jpg (123KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
concrete-screed.jpg
123KB, 600x400px
>>39424307
I actually do full body over 3 days, twice a week, so 6 days a week.

SUNDAY

Bench and OHP 5x5
Accessory lifts:

Incline dumbbell 4x12
Dumbbell shoulder press 4x12
Tricep Pulldowns 4x12

And any other accessories I have time for, I try to keep my time at the gym under an hour.

MONDAY

Deadlift and Bent over Rows 5x5

Lat pulldowns 4x12
lat raises 4x12
chest supported rows 4x12

WEDNESDAY

Squat 5x5

leg press 4x12
calf raises 5x20
romanian deadlift 4x12

And the other 3 days are essentially the same but I go 5x15 for the compounds instead of 5x5

I have been making decent gains recently but work has also been slower so YMMV
>>
File: 1476823270307.jpg (103KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476823270307.jpg
103KB, 333x500px
>>39424336
The biggest thing about manual labor and getting gains is really eating, bulking is difficult when you need to eat 3k-4k calories with one lunch break during the day, if you can work around that and hit your macros then it is do-able.
>>
>>39424202

When I did manual labor I'd hit one body part a day
Mon - Chest, Tues - Back, Wed - Legs, Thurs - Core, Friday - shoulders/accessories.

I'd rest on weekends and I'd eat a lot. I'd make sure to get protein on every break. I got in pretty good shape. I was happy when I got a better job and was able to do a real routine thats for sure but it was better then nothing.

For motivation remember young Goku and Krillin doing construction as part of his "training" so Master Roshi could make money off them.
>>
>>39424202
Just make sure you switch hands
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.