[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty sure I had a minor slipped disc a few days ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: QQ.jpg (47KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
QQ.jpg
47KB, 250x322px
I'm pretty sure I had a minor slipped disc a few days ago. It still hurts

I'm scared to even jog :(

Someone please tell me things will get better
>>
It'll probably get better on its own.

Or it could never get better and you lie awake nights screaming in pain because the pain is too much to fall asleep and you can't even sit in a chair comfortably or bend over to tie your shoes and every waking moment is pain so you pray for death to end your misery.

Idk.
>>
Aside from lifting with proper form, can anything else be done to ensure the health of your spinal discs (diet, stretching, etc)?

Nothings happened to mine yet, just wanna keep it that way.
>>
You sure its not a pulled back muscle?

I usually keep those warm with constant stretching and light exercise. I believe keeping an injury totally free of any type of stress or load is retarded

Rippetoe talk about this. About slightly aggravating the tissues around the injury and the injury itself to cause a type of body immune/repair response to heal if faster
>>
>>39424256
In the discussions I have read on this, they speculated that there might be some genetic component toward your connective tissue strength and likelihood of herniating a disc.

People slip discs benching. People slip discs doing pullups. People slip discs warming up with the bar. People slip discs bending over to pick up a newspaper.

Then there are those people who deadlift 800+ lbs all the time with rounded backs and are fine. All you can really do is have perfect form, pray to the gains gods, and thank the back-snap gorilla.

T.b.h. I think a lot of it has to do with being overweight your whole life, having bad posture, and sitting in shitty chairs 12 hours a day. Everyone I know who slipped a disc was fat. It puts gradual, constant stress on your body. As Andy Dufresne would say, pressure.. and time
>>
>>39424282

Hopefully it is a pulled back muscle -- I didn't get the accompanying leg pain that people describe.

I fucking got it from bending over to play with my dog, not even bouncing around, I literally just bent over to pet him. I have been doing a lot of burpees recently with bad form though and I had questionable form when I was super into powerlifting...I guess I'm paying the price for being careless as a young adult

And yeah, I know active recovery helps since it stimulates blood flow around the area but fuck man this shit is scary.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.