[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I in the wrong for trying to get brain gains in between sets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Am I in the wrong for trying to get brain gains in between sets at the gym?

I bought the book "change or die" today and between sets I was reading a few pages each time. Like an hour into my workout I'm at the dips stations and this older like (like in her 60s) comes up to me and basically says
>are you going to just read or actually use that machine?
I tried to be really polite and replied with "Both, just doing a little reading while I rest between sets. I've got a couple sets left but you're welcome to work in with me if you'd like."
>No, I've got back problems so I do a different thing. This is the last machine I need and I've been here a while
I said "That's understandable, I've only got a couple sets so I won't be very long." and she just gave me a rude look and walked away.

Should I leave the books at home /fit/? I mean what's the difference between productively reading and checking facebook or even just staring into the distance while you rest??

i feel kind of bad because she was old but damn i hope everyone in my gym doesnt think im a douche for reading between sets.
>>
>>39423478
Stop reading between sets you twat
Get an audio book like the non sperg brain gainers.
>>
>>39423478
you could be reading celebrity autobiographies and you'd still look like the biggest fucking pseud for reading inbetween sets
>>
>>39423478
It's not a big deal, but people judge the fuck out of other people when they read in public, because they're troglodytes who don't appreciate people reminding them that they're morons.

You do you.
>>
>>39423478
part of me wants to say that you can rest however long you want between sets and whatever you do between sets doesn't really matter.

other part of me would be mad if i needed a piece of equipment and i see the dude on it pull out a fucking book. bad enough with the shits that grab their phone and start texting.

you offered to let the bag of bones work in and she declined. that's her fault.

i'd never pull out a fucking book at a gym doe.
>>
File: 1478046257171.jpg (72KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478046257171.jpg
72KB, 543x960px
Don't be a dick, work out in the gym and read at home or, you know, LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE. Jesus fuck, you aren't getting any smarter by trying to cram it in between sets. That said, fuck that crippled bitch too. She could've worked in and shut the fuck up.
>>
most people would be too tired to even retain written information when under heavy work
>>
You could read while doing the cardio machines (bike/treadmill)
>>
>>39423554
Not trying to read it to be or look smart. I had just bought it at the book store next to the gym and was excited to read it. What do you do between sets, stare at the wall for 2 mins?

>>39423686
kind of hard to read when you head is bobbing all around
>>
>>39423478
If you can do it without taking too long go for it op.
It's a little weird and audiobooks are better for that sort of thing but brain gains are the kind of gains this world could really use
>>
>>39423711
I lay down on the bench and take a breather, my gym is open 24 hours in a basement and has maybe 40 members. If I see more than 2 other people in the gym then that was a crowded day.
>>
The gyn is not for reading
I admirw you for wanting to improve yourself, but to read you need a calm space, take your time and all your focus.
Reading between sets seems to me like a good way to fail at both things, you also need energy to read.

And how far can you get in a book in a minute or two anyways?
>>
I tend to just stare off into the distance but it makes me feel like a retard.
So I just browse /fit/ or Facebook but nobody else seems to use their phone.
I'm not really sure what to do in between sets. I often just habitually check my watch for 90 seconds
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.